Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    I don't know how LE there can discount anything at this point. It sounds like they are ruling out this and that and are now focused on the mob kidnapping little kids...but they have no way of knowing who took that little girl. There is nothing pointing anywhere. I'm just afraid that they will get focused in one direction and that isn't where she is. I hope they have enough people on this case that they are looking at the big picture and have LE working on several angles.

I wonder what the Russian had to say when LE confronted him about his different storys? Why do people lie especially about phone calls that they know can be tracked down? That doesn't make sense. I wonder if he lied to LE as well as the newspapers. It does seem strange that the two guys had several phone calls the day Maddy disappeared but then it could mean nothing too. I'm curious about the car rental and why the need to get one right away...if he had two cars at home. Maybe he didn't and the paper got that wrong too. The family must have cleared up the borrowing Murets car to go put up posters as LE was going to question them about that. It must have been true as there hasn't been anything new about that. If this man is guilty I hope he is found out but if he was just trying to be helpful as he has a little girl Maddie's age and would understand the pain the family was in then it is a shame that his name has been put out there as a suspect when there really is no proof that he did anything wrong. Innocent people have been ruined like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    She wouldn't BE missing if her parents didn't serve her up to the perp on a silver platter.
    What an extraordinary thing to say. I can't begin to describe my contempt for that statement, you should be ashamed.

That statement is a couple days old. Perhaps they don't even feel so strongly anymore. We have had a good discussion about statements like that since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    My 19-year old sister was taken in the middle of the night from my mother's house. She was missing for ELEVEN YEARS before her remains were found. No one was ever arrested for her murder. My mother never forgave herself for not hearing anyone breaking into her house the night my sister disappeared, even though she was at home.

I have some idea about what this famlily is going through. I also have seen first hand the reasons why you don't leave your children alone ANY PLACE - EVER. I want nothing more than this little girl to get home to her parents. I seriously doubt that its going to be a happy ending to this story. I'm sure they'll be more diligent with the next two children though.
    Jeana, I had no idea that you went through a horrible situation like this with your sister. I hope the person responsible was dealt justice.

In this day and age, it truly surprises me that adults are willing to take risks with their children like these parents did. ANYTHING could have happened to their children while they were out dining. The 4 yr old could have decided to take a bath in the tub by herself and drowned. One of the twins could have climbed out of their crib and hit their head. Let alone creepy pervs lurking around watching for children that aren't being watched by their parents.

Of course I feel sorry for the parents. I can barely read this thread or watch the news because I can't stand the thought of what might be happening (or might have happened) to this little girl as we comment. I do think this is parental negligence at its worst though.

I hope this sad, sad crime helps others realize what just might happen if we aren't more cautious with the most precious gifts of all, our children.

Dear Lord, I pray that Maddie is returned safely and swiftly to her family.

Police conducting searches in UK, dive team out in Potuagal, other sightings/searches reported:

http://icuxbridge.icnetwork.co.uk/ne...name_page.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland_07 View Post
    What an extraordinary thing to say. I can't begin to describe my contempt for that statement, you should be ashamed.
    I disagree with you 100%. Too many people are afraid to say it like it is, not Jeana, and not me. The parents caused this. Sad, but true. I am devasted for them. We all make mistakes. This was a big one. I am sorry they made it...but they did.

I agree she would not be missing if she were not left alone. They didn't hire a sitter because they didn't want to leave their kids with a stranger. I would say at least 1 of them is with a stranger-I hope otherwise something worst has happened to her. I do feel extreme sadness for them, but I think as a parent how could they even put their child in this situation. I think charging them at this point is useless because nothing the court system could do would be as bad as what they are going through. On the other hand, I have been using this story to teach my 4 year old that bad people can get you anywhere.

I guess I personally realized days ago that as an American parent, the experiences I brought to the parenting table are much different than Maddie's did. Different quality of life, different concerns, different upbringings in subtle yet big ways. Her case now has changed everything for her parents and millions other's like them. Every indication shows they were loving, capable, devoted parents and Maddie had a wonderful life, the kind any child in the world should and would be blessed to have. All the anger, now that shock has worn off, should go to the monster that STOLE this child as she slept! Find her!

The person who took Madeleine does not want to be caught.

He or she also knows about the massive international publicity about Madeleine. Thus, he will not go to public places with Madeleine.

The person knows about the reward. Thus, he will not tell anyone he has Madeleine. If anyone else knows, by now they have been threatened, intimidated, or worse, to stop them from telling and claiming the reward.

The person does not care about the feelings of the child or the parents, or anyone else. If he did, he would not have taken Madeleine and either kept or killed her.

The kidnapper is not a normal person. He is a psychopath, or a sociopath, if you think there is a difference.

What is a kidnapper to do? What do most other psychopath or sociopath strangers who abduct children do?

I think it is futile to hope that Madeleine will be recovered alive. The chances of that happening are vanishingly small after so much time has passed.

The effort to find Madeleine is like a huge advertising campaign. It makes us want to find her, to persuade ourselves that she is alive and waiting to be found, to do all we can in our limited way to help find her.

It reminds me of advertising that is set up to make people want to buy X and to persuade them that they need X.

Advertising works. Else billions of dollars wouldn't be spent on it each year.

In this case, advertising is not working. Why is that? Are we being whipped up into a frenzy of hoping that Madeleine will be found safe? I think we are.

Madeleine's parents are purely lucky, for folks in their situation, that so many people do care and have reached out to help them in this huge international effort.

We can hope for a miracle, but IMO it is grasping at straws. They need us to hope for a miracle so that the great outpouring of publicity and money to find their daughter will continue. I certainly would want it to, if I were in their shoes.

But speaking for myself, I am prepared for the worst: that Madeleine will never be found, dead or alive. There is no way I am going to get my hopes manipulated into a realm that goes beyond common sense, by the campaign to find Madeleine.

I can reel off dozens of names of children who were never found or who were found dead. I can reel off only a few names of children who were abducted by strangers (or non-family members) who were found alive and well. The children who were found alive were either teenagers (or close to it) or infants.

So, that's my opinion. I will continue to pray for Madeleine's safe recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    I disagree with you 100%. Too many people are afraid to say it like it is, not Jeana, and not me. The parents caused this. Sad, but true. I am devasted for them. We all make mistakes. This was a big one. I am sorry they made it...but they did.
    Amen!!

And believe me...Jeana, as the sister of someone who was kidnapped and murdered, usually has the UTMOST and TOTAL sympathy for victims and their families. She is 100% correct, as usual, as is Christine. We all feel horrible for Gerry and Kate McCann and we all pray for Maddie...but the parents HELPED CAUSE this situation....they are now suffering the worse punishment anyone can ever suffer for it, too.

When it all boils down to it the actions of the parents allowed Maddie to be taken. They didnt cause her to be taken but their actions certainly allowed it.

The russian suspect to my knowledge DOES have sex offences on his record - 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    "The parents caused this"?????

CAUSED?

You are as incorrect as you are smug and heartless: the evil scum who abducted Madeleine caused this, no one else.

As I said before, Madeleine's parents were guilty of innocence, in that they believed their children would be as safe in a Portuguese resort as children always have been in that part of the world, which I know so well (I can't imagine you'd be bothered reading my far-too-long post on this issue, but it's a few pages back).

If you want to accuse them of being negligent, etc, etc, then fine, that's your view and you are more than entitled to it, but to be so venomous, at a time like this, as to accuse them of "causing" this is beyond belief.

I stand by what I said, the smug and pitliess who express these oh-so-easy views should be ashamed. It's mind-boggling how, at a time like this, so many turn on the victims, rather than directing their contempt at the guilty.

Hi Roughly, A most interesting post I brought over to the next page so it wouldn't be missed.

At first I thought I was reading the opening pages of a novel about one of Inspector Poirots cases. Laying out all the probabilities in the case and the wide scope of people it has reached, puts it in a different perspective.

I think you have read up on or studied many cases involving abducted people, so I wanted to pick your brain a bit further.

* Do you think she was taken by someone that lives locally.
    * Do you think she was taken for personal sexual gratification, to be used and then killed to hide his crime?
    * Do you think she was taken by someone who wanted a daughter.
    * Do you think she was taken and passed on to another to sell, and then was spirited out of the area quickly in a very organized way?
    * Why did they take only one child when they could have had 3?
    * Do you think this Mr Murat is involved in grabbing her from what you have read?

The info gleaned so far tells me someone was casing for a little girl in that area. Have they located that man who was seen by several people, esp. by one father up close?

With the 2 scenarios I think LE has zoned in on the sale idea and quick spiriting of her out of the area. That makes the search much more difficult.

I think Interpol is very saavy, and if she can be found they will do it. If it is a ring, they have their fingers in this pot constantly IMHO.

Statisticly she was dead after 4 or so hours, but I think that is if she was taken for personal use. I don't think that is the case because of the sightings like the one by the Norwegian lady on the Cote de Sol.

I hope the parents hold out hope every minute of every day. They have to. LE does too if they are going to maintain a dilligent search to track her down. I wish we knew more about this other Russian sex offender. It could be he paid someone to grab a girl for himself. I wish we knew more about what LE knows, as always. ;} Scandi
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 05-21-2007 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    I guess I personally realized days ago that as an American parent, the experiences I brought to the parenting table are much different than Maddie's did. Different quality of life, different concerns, different upbringings in subtle yet big ways.
    I don't agree with that, to be honest. There are good parents, bad parents, careless parents, naive parents, etc, etc, all over the world, I don't think nationality comes in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    All the anger, now that shock has worn off, should go to the monster that STOLE this child as she slept! Find her!
    Hear, hear, thank you for your compassion and wisdom.

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast