1176 users online (250 members and 926 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wisconsin Festival Sells Deep-Fried Testicles

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/s...?storyid=82012

"After a few beers, you can't really tell the difference," Joubert said.
    i have never drank that much...

"What else can you do in a small town?" Fenske said.

Maybe they should stick to the "deep-fried cheese curds, candy bars and Twinkies" they mentioned at the beginning

http://www.city-data.com/city/Elderon-Wisconsin.html

I had never heard of this town, which is pretty unusual for me.

I do not anticipate traveling to the town for the festival, however. I have been known to drive for hours for the deep fried cheese curds at the Viola Horse and Colt Show, though.... if I had to pick one food to eat for the rest of my life, that would be it - the cheese curds, I mean.

Crossing Wisconsin off my list of places to visit before I die

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Crossing Wisconsin off my list of places to visit before I die
    Me too Dingo or I will be rolling drunk.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Bahahahaha, these things are big in Texas. Even some restaurants have them on their menu. We called them Mountain Oysters. I have even cooked them, BUT NEVER HAVE EATEN ANY. My X-husband was a veterinarian and all the vets in the area would save the testicles from bulls that they castrated. Then once (or twice) a year, they would get together and have a Mountain Oyster fry. Peel 'em, slice 'em, batter 'em and fry 'em, just like chicken, except they are boneless, of course. When they float to the top they are done (BARF). I've cooked many a strange thing, but believe me I have never eaten any of it!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_oysters

Rocky Mountain oysters, mountain oysters, prairie oysters, Montana tendergroin or swinging sirloin are culinary names given to boar or bull testicles. They are usually peeled, coated in flour, pepper and salt, sometimes pounded flat, then deep-fried. Boar (hog) "Mountain oysters" or "Rocky Mountain oysters" are served in some Mid-west areas such as in Illinois, and Iowa.

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by Ang50 View Post
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Elderon-Wisconsin.html

I had never heard of this town, which is pretty unusual for me.
    Me either.... Odd.. And according to the county it is in, it's not too far from me!

I think I'll stick to my deep fried cheese curds!!

Reminds me of a joke...

Texas man goes down to Mexico and strolls into a resturant. After he sits down and orders he notices a waiter bringing out a steaming plate with 2 big balls to another table. He motions to his waiter and says "Hey, that smells pretty good! What is that?"
    "Ah senor", says the waiter. "That is a house specialty called 'cajones de la corrida" from today's fight.
    "Hmmm, well they smell really good. I'd like to change my order to that."
    "Oh, perdon senor. Since there is only one fight a day, we can only serve them once. If you like, you can come back early tomorrow after the fight and we can make it for you."

So the next day, the texan comes back to the resturant and orders the house special. The waiter comes to ask what he thinks of his meal. "These aren't half bad! But I gotta say, the ones I saw yesterday were way bigger".
    "Si senor, sometimes the bull wins".

Quote Originally Posted by gman20001969 View Post
    Reminds me of a joke...

Texas man goes down to Mexico and strolls into a resturant. After he sits down and orders he notices a waiter bringing out a steaming plate with 2 big balls to another table. He motions to his waiter and says "Hey, that smells pretty good! What is that?"
    "Ah senor", says the waiter. "That is a house specialty called 'cajones de la corrida" from today's fight.
    "Hmmm, well they smell really good. I'd like to change my order to that."
    "Oh, perdon senor. Since there is only one fight a day, we can only serve them once. If you like, you can come back early tomorrow after the fight and we can make it for you."

So the next day, the texan comes back to the resturant and orders the house special. The waiter comes to ask what he thinks of his meal. "These aren't half bad! But I gotta say, the ones I saw yesterday were way bigger".
    "Si senor, sometimes the bull wins".
    omg rofl!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    Bahahahaha, these things are big in Texas. Even some restaurants have them on their menu. We called them Mountain Oysters. I have even cooked them, BUT NEVER HAVE EATEN ANY. My X-husband was a veterinarian and all the vets in the area would save the testicles from bulls that they castrated. Then once (or twice) a year, they would get together and have a Mountain Oyster fry. Peel 'em, slice 'em, batter 'em and fry 'em, just like chicken, except they are boneless, of course. When they float to the top they are done (BARF). I've cooked many a strange thing, but believe me I have never eaten any of it!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_oysters

Rocky Mountain oysters, mountain oysters, prairie oysters, Montana tendergroin or swinging sirloin are culinary names given to boar or bull testicles. They are usually peeled, coated in flour, pepper and salt, sometimes pounded flat, then deep-fried. Boar (hog) "Mountain oysters" or "Rocky Mountain oysters" are served in some Mid-west areas such as in Illinois, and Iowa.

Yes - I have heard and seen for myself. NEVER have eaten.. YUCK

Dad was the one who introduced something similar to me and brother. They are the testies of turkey. EWWWWW....

I do believe brother tried. Sorry - I did not.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Yes - I have heard and seen for myself. NEVER have eaten.. YUCK

Dad was the one who introduced something similar to me and brother. They are the testies of turkey. EWWWWW....

I do believe brother tried. Sorry - I did not.

Rosco
    Yes, I also feel my life can be complete w/o consuming testicles... fried or not.

I've eaten good ol' Rocky Mountain oysters. i liked them. what are you all so squeamish about? anyone would think you were all men crossing your legs at the very idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    I've eaten good ol' Rocky Mountain oysters. i liked them. what are you all so squeamish about? anyone would think you were all men crossing your legs at the very idea!
    i can only speak for my self but i am squeamish about eating the testi and any swimmers they may contain....ewwww!!!!

I'm mostly a couple steaks or burgers away from vegetarianism, so I'm not missing out. I wouldn't try liver, tongue, brains, haggis and so on. I just don't feel the need in my life to eat adventurous in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post

We eat them here too-our family usually gets together and has a nut fry in the summer. I like em breaded and fried on a buttered bun with ketchup-yum, yum.

Honestly-I'm not sure why people are so squicky about it either-meat is meat, if it tastes good who cares what body part it's from-lol-rump roast anyone?

Becca

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast