Wisconsin Festival Sells Deep-Fried Testicles

"What else can you do in a small town?" Fenske said.

Maybe they should stick to the "deep-fried cheese curds, candy bars and Twinkies" they mentioned at the beginning :p

http://www.city-data.com/city/Elderon-Wisconsin.html

I had never heard of this town, which is pretty unusual for me.

I do not anticipate traveling to the town for the festival, however. I have been known to drive for hours for the deep fried cheese curds at the Viola Horse and Colt Show, though.... if I had to pick one food to eat for the rest of my life, that would be it - the cheese curds, I mean.

Crossing Wisconsin off my list of places to visit before I die:sick:

Bahahahaha, these things are big in Texas. Even some restaurants have them on their menu. We called them Mountain Oysters. I have even cooked them, BUT NEVER HAVE EATEN ANY. My X-husband was a veterinarian and all the vets in the area would save the testicles from bulls that they castrated. Then once (or twice) a year, they would get together and have a Mountain Oyster fry. Peel 'em, slice 'em, batter 'em and fry 'em, just like chicken, except they are boneless, of course. When they float to the top they are done (BARF). I've cooked many a strange thing, but believe me I have never eaten any of it!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_oysters

Rocky Mountain oysters, mountain oysters, prairie oysters, Montana tendergroin or swinging sirloin are culinary names given to boar or bull testicles. They are usually peeled, coated in flour, pepper and salt, sometimes pounded flat, then deep-fried. Boar (hog) "Mountain oysters" or "Rocky Mountain oysters" are served in some Mid-west areas such as in Illinois, and Iowa.

Reminds me of a joke...

Texas man goes down to Mexico and strolls into a resturant. After he sits down and orders he notices a waiter bringing out a steaming plate with 2 big balls to another table. He motions to his waiter and says "Hey, that smells pretty good! What is that?"
"Ah senor", says the waiter. "That is a house specialty called 'cajones de la corrida" from today's fight.
"Hmmm, well they smell really good. I'd like to change my order to that."
"Oh, perdon senor. Since there is only one fight a day, we can only serve them once. If you like, you can come back early tomorrow after the fight and we can make it for you."

So the next day, the texan comes back to the resturant and orders the house special. The waiter comes to ask what he thinks of his meal. "These aren't half bad! But I gotta say, the ones I saw yesterday were way bigger".
"Si senor, sometimes the bull wins".

Reminds me of a joke...

Texas man goes down to Mexico and strolls into a resturant. After he sits down and orders he notices a waiter bringing out a steaming plate with 2 big balls to another table. He motions to his waiter and says "Hey, that smells pretty good! What is that?"
"Ah senor", says the waiter. "That is a house specialty called 'cajones de la corrida" from today's fight.
"Hmmm, well they smell really good. I'd like to change my order to that."
"Oh, perdon senor. Since there is only one fight a day, we can only serve them once. If you like, you can come back early tomorrow after the fight and we can make it for you."

So the next day, the texan comes back to the resturant and orders the house special. The waiter comes to ask what he thinks of his meal. "These aren't half bad! But I gotta say, the ones I saw yesterday were way bigger".
"Si senor, sometimes the bull wins".
omg rofl!!!!

Bahahahaha, these things are big in Texas. Even some restaurants have them on their menu. We called them Mountain Oysters. I have even cooked them, BUT NEVER HAVE EATEN ANY. My X-husband was a veterinarian and all the vets in the area would save the testicles from bulls that they castrated. Then once (or twice) a year, they would get together and have a Mountain Oyster fry. Peel 'em, slice 'em, batter 'em and fry 'em, just like chicken, except they are boneless, of course. When they float to the top they are done (BARF). I've cooked many a strange thing, but believe me I have never eaten any of it!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_oysters

Rocky Mountain oysters, mountain oysters, prairie oysters, Montana tendergroin or swinging sirloin are culinary names given to boar or bull testicles. They are usually peeled, coated in flour, pepper and salt, sometimes pounded flat, then deep-fried. Boar (hog) "Mountain oysters" or "Rocky Mountain oysters" are served in some Mid-west areas such as in Illinois, and Iowa.

Yes - I have heard and seen for myself. NEVER have eaten.. YUCK

Dad was the one who introduced something similar to me and brother. They are the testies of turkey. EWWWWW.... :eek:

I do believe brother tried. Sorry - I did not.:sick:

Rosco

Yes - I have heard and seen for myself. NEVER have eaten.. YUCK

Dad was the one who introduced something similar to me and brother. They are the testies of turkey. EWWWWW.... :eek:

I do believe brother tried. Sorry - I did not.:sick:

Rosco

Yes, I also feel my life can be complete w/o consuming testicles... fried or not.

I've eaten good ol' Rocky Mountain oysters. i liked them. what are you all so squeamish about? anyone would think you were all men crossing your legs at the very idea! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've eaten good ol' Rocky Mountain oysters. i liked them. what are you all so squeamish about? anyone would think you were all men crossing your legs at the very idea! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
i can only speak for my self but i am squeamish about eating the testi and any swimmers they may contain....ewwww!!!!:sick:

I'm mostly a couple steaks or burgers away from vegetarianism, so I'm not missing out. I wouldn't try liver, tongue, brains, haggis and so on. I just don't feel the need in my life to eat adventurous in that regard.

We eat them here too-our family usually gets together and has a nut fry in the summer. I like em breaded and fried on a buttered bun with ketchup-yum, yum.

Honestly-I'm not sure why people are so squicky about it either-meat is meat, if it tastes good who cares what body part it's from-lol-rump roast anyone?

Becca

the good news is this thread is helping me with my diet. i just passed up a burger for salad cuz i did not wanna think about what parts they ground up in the meat...

I'm mostly a couple steaks or burgers away from vegetarianism, so I'm not missing out. I wouldn't try liver, tongue, brains, haggis and so on. I just don't feel the need in my life to eat adventurous in that regard.

Me too ang - in fact, I probably haven't had a steak in 30 years and then only once or twice before that - never did like "hunks" of any kind of meat, although I will do ground beef and chicken occasionally, but chicken especially I don't like to buy it in a restaurant .... creeps me out. I especially despise chicken in soup or in a can - I even pick out the little pieces of chicken in Campbell's chicken noodle soup. I think if I got a piece in my mouth I would gag, although my cat loves the little pieces of chicken.

And I thought chitlins were bad enough... (in Salley, SC they have a festival called the Chitlin' Strut... the smell of the chitlin's cooking is so nasty you can smell it long before you get to the town. I had a friend that won the "Miss Chitlin Strut" beauty pageant... she was mortified when people started calling her "Miss Guts".)

....swinging sirloin

OMG!!!!! bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! That is freakin' hysterical!!!!! Swinging sirloin.... bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Oh that made me laugh so hard!!!!!

ETA - NEVER EVER could I eat them. I don't do any 'parts' - no liver, heart, gizzards, heck, I don't even eat dark meat.

Crossing Wisconsin off my list of places to visit before I die:sick:

Now, now, there are many other things to do in Wisconsin. I've vacationed there many times, and I never even heard of their fried testicles ;) Trust me, I won't be going to that festival :sick:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back