737 users online (112 members and 625 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

GA - Woman found off 320 in Franklin County - Leslie Adams

http://www.wneg32.com/servlet/Satell...51197669&path=

Unidentified as yet. The body has been there for awhile--current estimate 3 years. I drove this road right past her for years!

How sad.
    I always think about Tara Grinstead when I hear about a woman found in Georgia.

Prayers for the family of this poor victim.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    How sad.
    I always think about Tara Grinstead when I hear about a woman found in Georgia.

Prayers for the family of this poor victim.
    OMG, I was thinking Tara too, especially since the victim has been there awhile. They must know it is a woman based on clothes?

Yep, thinking Tara here, too.

I'm in Alabama but I can't place Franklin County in GA. How close is this to Ocilla?

About 270 miles NNE of Ocilla. Very close to South Carolina border, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh View Post
    Yep, thinking Tara here, too.

I'm in Alabama but I can't place Franklin County in GA. How close is this to Ocilla?

Quote Originally Posted by all4tara View Post
    About 270 miles NNE of Ocilla. Very close to South Carolina border, I think.
    Thanks. So, far enough away to make it less likely that it's Tara, but it definitely still could be.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh View Post
    Thanks. So, far enough away to make it less likely that it's Tara, but it definitely still could be.
    With all the strange undercurrents in Tara's case it could be her. So many layers that GBI is having a heck of a time sifting through all the nuances and people.

The article says, "The GBI hopes to have a clothing description of what the victim was last wearing by Tuesday."

Today is Tuesday. I hope that they reveal the clothing. Would this help to determine if it were Tara? Has it been reported what she may have been wearing last?

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    http://www.wneg32.com/servlet/Satell...51197669&path=

Unidentified as yet. The body has been there for awhile--current estimate 3 years. I drove this road right past her for years!
    Pandora, is this the same story?? Or another body? This one is in Dekalb?

Dismembered Body Found In DeKalb

POSTED: 8:35 am EDT May 15, 2007
    UPDATED: 12:12 pm EDT May 15, 2007

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- NOON UPDATE: Investigators are checking a nearby landfill to see if any body parts were dumped there.

10:00 UPDATE: Police say children on their way to school discovered the body.

Police are investigating a dismembered body found in a DeKalb County neighborhood Tuesday morning.

Investigators told Channel 2's Tiffani Reynolds the body was found in the 2000 block of Charter Road.

A can of gasoline was found near the body, indicating someone may have planned to burn the body, according to police.

Check back with wsbtv.com for more on this developing story.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13321178/detail.html

I don't believe it is.....I will start a thread for this one......scary!!!!!

Sounds like two different ones to me... first one (this thread - link in first post)
    <snip>
    ....residents found the remains Sunday while working in the woods off of Akin Road and Highway 320. ....

and the second one found off Charter Road...

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    Pandora, is this the same story?? Or another body? This one is in Dekalb?

Dismembered Body Found In DeKalb

POSTED: 8:35 am EDT May 15, 2007
    UPDATED: 12:12 pm EDT May 15, 2007

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- NOON UPDATE: Investigators are checking a nearby landfill to see if any body parts were dumped there.

10:00 UPDATE: Police say children on their way to school discovered the body.

Police are investigating a dismembered body found in a DeKalb County neighborhood Tuesday morning.

Investigators told Channel 2's Tiffani Reynolds the body was found in the 2000 block of Charter Road.

A can of gasoline was found near the body, indicating someone may have planned to burn the body, according to police.

Check back with wsbtv.com for more on this developing story.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13321178/detail.html

I don't believe it is.....I will start a thread for this one......scary!!!!!
    Yes now we have two bodies showing up in Ga.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    The article says, "The GBI hopes to have a clothing description of what the victim was last wearing by Tuesday."

Today is Tuesday. I hope that they reveal the clothing. Would this help to determine if it were Tara? Has it been reported what she may have been wearing last?
    Yes, it would. The FBI VICAP site says it is assumed that Tara was wearing Grey New balance shoes and black sweat pants. That site is the only site reporting what she may have been wearing as much about this case is very tight lipped.

Carnesville--where the first body in this thread was located--has two exits off I-85. The body was found at the intersection of 320, so it was the fourth exit from the South Carolina line.
    DeKalb county is about 60 miles south on I-85 from Carnesville.

The area in Carnesville is very rural. Franklin County has the distinction of being the poultry capital of the world! There are millions more chickens than people!

To my knowledge, there are no missing persons in FC. I'd guess this is a body dump from the interstate. Hopefully, it won't take to long to ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    Carnesville--where the first body in this thread was located--has two exits off I-85. The body was found at the intersection of 320, so it was the fourth exit from the South Carolina line.
    DeKalb county is about 60 miles south on I-85 from Carnesville.

The area in Carnesville is very rural. Franklin County has the distinction of being the poultry capital of the world! There are millions more chickens than people!

To my knowledge, there are no missing persons in FC. I'd guess this is a body dump from the interstate. Hopefully, it won't take to long to ID.
    Please be sure and listen to your local news for any clothing description. TIA.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast