Couple gets prison time for drive-through bank robbery

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I really didn't know where to put this. As I read it, I cracked up at the stupidity of some people. :slap:

LOL, drive-through bank robbers! :loser:

I guess this just shows how LAZY our society is getting.:rolleyes:

:D
fran

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/373161,6_1_NA06_ROBBERS_S1.article

May 6, 2007
By BILL BIRD Staff Writer
CHICAGO - A couple who earned national notoriety last year for trying to rob a Naperville bank through its customer drive-through window were sentenced Friday to prison for that aborted holdup and two other crimes.

Ex-convicts Gene D. Horne and Kelly L. Mewhirter were both sentenced in U.S. District Court to five years and four months in federal prison, followed by three years of supervised release.

maybe they are not lazy. maybe they are just really stupid.

maybe they are not lazy. maybe they are just really stupid.

LOL sherri. I think it's probably both,........... but it's obvious they're "really stupid.":loser:

Now they have lots of time to rest up. :behindbar

Next time they'll probably put on their walking shoes.:slap:

fran

They probably thought they'd save time already being in the getaway car.

:slap:

LOL, true story. I know a couple who robbed a bank and got away with it. They ended up getting caught when the next day they went to a convenience store and went to pay for their purchase with the stolen money. :) LOL, they forgot to check the money and when she pulled out some cash, the 'die pack' went off. :doh:

I understand they're now serving in a federal penitentiary for bank robbery.:behindbar

Talk about dufus. Of course, that's what meth does to you. It fries your brain cells. Providing there's any there in the first place.:crazy:

JMHO
fran

Oddly enough, I don't think this was the only time someone tried to rob a bank through the drive through. A couple months ago a rumor was going around (never actually read about it in the paper or saw it on the news) that someone tried this at the bank I use in southern IL. I heard about it from a co-worker that works part time with the Collinsville PD, so it's likely it really did happen. I guess Illinois has more than their fair share of stupid criminials?

Limo rider pleads guilty to attempted drive-through bank robbery

Associated Press
May. 17, 2007 08:00 AM
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Evonne D. Maurice apparently wanted to get away in style.

The 22-year-old pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal court to trying to rob a bank at a drive-up window while traveling in a hired limousine.

More at link...
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0517limo17-on.html

Limo rider pleads guilty to attempted drive-through bank robbery

Associated Press
May. 17, 2007 08:00 AM
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Evonne D. Maurice apparently wanted to get away in style.

The 22-year-old pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal court to trying to rob a bank at a drive-up window while traveling in a hired limousine.

More at link...
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0517limo17-on.html

LOL, I guess he thought by using the limo, he'd be showing more class than the couple who used their own car.:slap:

It's hard to believe there's actually more than one person on this earth that could be so dumb!:bang:

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak