Toddler feared dead after being swept away in flood

OMG, I feel sick about this. F&*^ked up stuff like this SHOULD NOT happen.
Can you imagine them finding the stroller only to find it empty. A 2 year old can not swim. I doubt they will find him alive, but I hope.

This is one of the most tragic stories I have heard. That poor mother. I am sure that she is wracked with guilt for not holding on to that stroller -- although there was nothing she could have done. And then there is the teenager who likely drowned while trying to help.

This is one of those stories that reminds you how tragedy can enter our lives so suddenly and unexpectedly. We must appreciate every minute we have on this earth.

My wishes for the victims' families.

That is horrible... I cant imagine the guilt you would feel, it would kill me inside :(

I think that I have found her myspace and if it is her it is very eerie. She has so many pictures of a river or creek. There are several pictures of a toddler sitting with his feet in the water. In her about me section she says that she likes long walks in the rain.

http://www.myspace.com/la_nae002

I wonder if that is her page Shadow. I think if it is it could definitely be misconstrued by some.

Rescuers have recovered the body of two-year-old Jose-Matthew Jauregui Jr., who was swept away from his mother during a flash flood Monday night. Firefighters found the body in the South Platte River near the Franklin Street bridge, north of the National Western Stock Show complex and west of the Riverside Cemetary, on the Denver/Adams county line. The location is about 3 miles from the point where the boy was washed into the river.

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_5909763

**RIP sweet little Jose**

:(
RIP little Jose. Poor little guy. I can not imagine how scared he must have been in his last moments. His poor mother. The whole story just makes me physically ill.

I think that I have found her myspace and if it is her it is very eerie. She has so many pictures of a river or creek. There are several pictures of a toddler sitting with his feet in the water. In her about me section she says that she likes long walks in the rain.

http://www.myspace.com/la_nae002
i live in a town locals call river city. the st johns river runs through it and we are on the coast. when you live this close to water everything in town centers around it. i am sure her love of water and the joy she got from walking in the rain are greatly adding to her grief.

I can only pray that he wnt quickly. Thinking of that poor mother wanting to die after she found out that her baby likely didn't survive is so heartbreaking. God bless her and the family.

Oh this breaks my heart. Something like this just happened in Ft Hood Texas the daddy was in Iraq and the little boy got washed away in the storm the mom could not find him sad sad story I dont know all the details but it was something like that.. Dang mother nature sometimes..

Hum.
Let me just verbalize what I am sure other people have wondered to.
I don't know if it is the case or not.

But don't you think it is a little creepy that has an obvious - fascination? maybe? with water. She is out in a storm with her baby. And he drowns. Could it have been on purpose?

I wonder if LE has seen the myspace.

The second article says mom was washed away and rescued. Maybe it was like a suicide? She sounds lonely on her myspace.

Ok the myspace thing is weird. I never saw anyone with water related stuff like that on it then have your child killed by the water. Sounds and looks creepy to me now.

I have to agree. I didn't want to think that way, but then I saw the video she has on there that is just the water in the river moving. It's very odd-at best.

At the very least I hope LE knows. Who would have jurisdiction? Anyone want to call it in?
I mean, I don't know if there is anything to it or not but I think they should at least know.

The second article says mom was washed away and rescued. Maybe it was like a suicide? She sounds lonely on her myspace.

I read that she was found clinging to a barrier and when she was told her baby was not nearby, she let go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back