TX - Teen burns his baby in Microwave, Houston

He should be charged with attempted murder. If he gets out of the charges and reunites with his wife and the babie's mother, he will most likely try to kill the baby again.

they list a burn on her face and hand.. what about inside. she is only 2 months old. she cant say where it hurts. could it have cooked part of her brain? will her kidney start to rot because part of it is dead tissue form being cooked? i think there is a special place in hell for people like this.:furious: :furious: :furious:

What is wrong with people? I wonder how long the mother was gone. If God told him to do this, I wonder if the family noticed anything strange about him or if he has made this up hoping for an insanity defense.

Poor baby. I hope she recovers fully.

Joshua Royce Mauldin, 19, faces indictment for felony injury to a child, which carries a maximum sentence of from five to 99 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000. Mauldin, who police said claimed he was sent by God to be a preacher in Galveston, remained in the Galveston County Jail today.

He was arrested by Galveston police around 3 p.m. Tuesday and booked on a felony child injury charge three hours later.

His bond was set at $250,000.

Mauldin is accused of putting his daughter in a microwave last Wednesday.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4808453.html

I am not defending this sicko but 19 coupled with the stress of a new family could easily be a trigger for schitzophrenia.
He is about the age that it would develope coupled with his religious delusions.

I am not defending this sicko but 19 coupled with the stress of a new family could easily be a trigger for schitzophrenia.
He is about the age that it would develope coupled with his religious delusions.
true it is the correct age but if he is mentally ill i have questions. why wait til he is alone with the child and why lie about what he did? i mean of course he is crazy because u have to be to hurt a baby but wouldn't some 1 with that mental illness admit they cooked the child but felt they had to for god or something?

Such a sad story. I hope that she recovers. It breaks my heart thinking of that sweet baby suffering. Why does it always seem these monsters blame everything on God? I hope that this guy gets what he deserves come judgement day.

This is exactly what I thought, too.

Such a sad story. I hope that she recovers. It breaks my heart thinking of that sweet baby suffering. Why does it always seem these monsters blame everything on God? I hope that this guy gets what he deserves come judgement day.

The God I worship would NEVER instruct someone to hurt a child.

I hope this sicko gets the maximum punishment and pray that the baby doesn't have any permanent injuries.

he should be commited for life some place jail/mental institution. for life.:furious:

they list a burn on her face and hand.. what about inside. she is only 2 months old. she cant say where it hurts. could it have cooked part of her brain? will her kidney start to rot because part of it is dead tissue form being cooked? i think there is a special place in hell for people like this.:furious: :furious: :furious:

:clap: Babies/small kids CAN'T speak for themselves...we HAVE to protect them.

What in the whole wide world would posess someone to do something so awful? That poor baby girl. :mad: That SOB needs to fry if you ask me. :furious:

I hope with all of my heart that she will be OK and not have any internal problems from this horrible ordeal. I just can't imagine. Really, WHY?

The God I worship would NEVER instruct someone to hurt a child.

I hope this sicko gets the maximum punishment and pray that the baby doesn't have any permanent injuries.

You must not worship the God who told Abraham to kill his son Isaac.

Prayers to the baby and this family.

How in the world could someone even think of doing that! I guess they would have to be mentally ill but thats just outrageous.

It says on his myspace account that he was discharged from the army, perhaps on mentally incompetant grounds? If so i wonder if this is some sort of incident that was triggered by combat stress if he was in Iraq..
Most of my friends who are in the military and served in Iraq have came back fine, however there is one who is now a diagnosed schitzophrenic and lurks around the local supermarket. Kinda scary when i think about it and all the other stories of things hes done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back