1104 users online (233 members and 871 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TN - Robert Butters, 49, Cleveland, 1 March 1981

Hey all,

I have a very dear friend whose father was murdered in the early 1980's when she was only 4 years old. Either because of police incompetence or a coverup (my friend suspects that authorities may have known who killed her father), no one was ever arrested for his murder. Strange "things" would start happening anytime my friend's mother would push the issue with local authorities, and since she had a small child to consider, she eventually just let the matter rest.

My friend is now an adult and is wanting to try and find some answers. I told her about this forum, and she wondered (as do I) if it would be okay to present some of the information here for some brainstorming. She has scanned and email several official documents to me, so there is both official and family information to work with.

I'll wait till I get some responses before flooding you guys with info .

Lisa

I say go for it! These folks here thrive on these types of cases and usually get some answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lesleegp View Post
    I say go for it! These folks here thrive on these types of cases and usually get some answers!
    I agree. Many posters on this forum love to solve a mystery. Brainstorming by lots of people may help your friend find her answer.

Absolutely! Post away. We have some amazing sleuthers here that may be able to help you and your friend.

I'm all ears. There are a plenty of members (alas, I do not count myself among their numbers) here who are phenomenal at this type of sleuthing.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I agree with the others ..... Many here love to help solve a mystery and some are rather aggressive in calling officials etc..
    If nothing else your friend will get some great advice about how to start searching herself.

Possibly you can start off by telling us the circumstances surrounding his death and the things her mother claimed happend whenever she tried to follow up.

Maybe your friend can join and post?

Okay, either I'll have her to email me a write-up summary and I'll share it, or she'll join . She tried to join yesterday, but didn't have the right kind of email account to allow registration (it's a free account).....she's going to try and activate her email account through her internet provider, so hopefully she'll be able to join .

Either way, details will be coming!
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisahas2cats View Post
    Okay, either I'll have her to email me a write-up summary and I'll share it, or she'll join . She tried to join yesterday, but didn't have the right kind of email account to allow registration (it's a free account).....she's going to try and activate her email account through her internet provider, so hopefully she'll be able to join .

Thanks guys!
    like SCM ...i'm all ears too!

Thanks guys!

Yeah no free accounts permitted. It should be pretty easy to activate and use her account through her ISP

ok, i see you're 'here' Lisa.....got any info for us?

Hey, sorry, I haven't gotten squat done . Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some clear-headed time (without a "helpful" toddler) to get something on here!

Okay, I have a rtf file of the only news report that was done on the murder, but don't know how to upload it to here to share....can someone help? It provides a very brief, succinct summary of the crime.....my friend's mother has written a longer and very heartfelt account that provides deeper detail and more feeling that will fill in the blanks.

Anyway, if someone can tell me how to share an RTF file on here, that will get me started

Okay, I have a rtf file of the only news report that was done on the murder, but don't know how to upload it to here to share....can someone help? It provides a very brief, succinct summary of the crime.....my friend's mother has written a longer and very heartfelt account that provides deeper detail and more feeling that will fill in the blanks.

Anyway, if someone can tell me how to share an RTF file on here, that will get me started
    i'm sorry...i've never even heard of an RTF file..wish i could help, but i can't

An rtf (rich text format) file is like a document file (like word, word perfect) and the only way to share is to 1) email or 2, upload to a file sharing site and post the link so others can go and grab it. WS doesn't allow attachments for the majority of the posters here...

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Would me typing it out to share here break copyright laws, as long as I properly credit the newspaper?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast