734 users online (72 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

TX - Man charged with child abuse fights to keep his parental rights

Foster mother says children who once woke regularly from nightmares, now are smiling and happy.

The Dripping Springs-area couple accused of beating, biting and neglect their three young children were both obese, but, their children were starving a Houston doctor told a Hays County jury Wednesday in a parental rights trial.

The younger girl, who was nearly 3 at the time, weighed 18 pounds, two-thirds of what she should have weighed, Motil said.

All three children had healed and partially healed fractures.

The younger girl seemed to be the worst injured of the three, according to court records. She had eight to 10 healed fractures on her ribs and breaks in both femurs. Her body was covered with bite marks — both from children and adults.

The older boy's back was completely covered with bruises and bite marks, according to court records. He also had numerous healing rib fractures, a femur fracture, a heel fracture, and foot and hand fractures.

The older girl told investigators the bite marks on her body were from her father and the mark on her elbow was from her father hitting her with a stick, according to court records.

"My daddy kicked me here," the girl said as she pointed to a scar on her chin, caseworker Jacquelyn Ellis told the jury.

Ellis said the girl told her, "When my daddy kicked me, my tooth came out."

More at link.

it would not shock me if he gets the kids back. i pray for these little babies this never happens. they have a family that has not starved them. that has not beaten them. that has not covered them with bite marks. the answer to me seems simple.

http://kxan.com/Global/story.asp?s=6532673
    A jury revoked the parental rights of a Hays County man in less than an hour Thursday

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    A jury revoked the parental rights of a Hays County man in less than an hour Thursday

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Oh, good!! Thank you for the update, sherri!

Excellent!

The system worked for these children. I hope they continue in healing and growing beyond what their parents did to them.

I hope the parents "grow" in prison time.

Oh, Thank GOD!!! Thank you, Sherri, for giving that update.

I never come in this forum because it hurts my heart so badly to hear of children being abused in any way. I will never understand how a person can hurt a child, whether its their own child or not. I think about a story I have read for DAYS ... I can't get it out of my mind.

May God place his loving hands on all children that are abused.

Someone needs to order these two monsters sterilized... Otherwise, they'll just turn around and have more babies to abuse in the future.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.