796 users online (70 members and 726 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 397
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,206

    Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 2

    Continue here please. Here is the link to first thread of Lisa S. missing.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49115

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    969
    Hubby does not look good right about now - IMO. I was shocked to hear on the news that she was trying to kick him out of the house. HUmmmm... now she is missing.

    Rosco

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Down Below
    Posts
    172
    I posted this on the other thread but it's new info so I thought I would bring it over here.

    Well this is interesting too:

    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...ING_S1.article

    Lisa Stebic was seeking alimony, but Craig said they could each support themselves, court records say. According to Lisa's petition, Craig earns more than $80,000 per year, while she earns less than $10,000 per year.

    Is he for real? Did he actually think he wouldn't have to pay her when he made at least $70,000.00 more than here???
    Is that what you think or what you know? There is a difference.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,837
    copied from the last thread:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FactsareFacts
    Well this is interesting too:

    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...ING_S1.article

    Lisa Stebic was seeking alimony, but Craig said they could each support themselves, court records say. According to Lisa's petition, Craig earns more than $80,000 per year, while she earns less than $10,000 per year.

    Is he for real? Did he actually think he wouldn't have to pay her when he made at least $70,000.00 more than here???


    What an idiot! I wonder if his attorney let him know that no judge is going to agree that a mother with two children can live on what would amount to less than 200.00 a week.

    Not to mention that Lisa is entitled to not only Child support, (which would amount to about 400.00 per week based on his 80 thou a year.), and alimony but to a proration (based on the number of years married) of any profit sharing and retirement accounts.

    Seems HIS money may have been a motive for him to make her disappear.
    She wouldn't even get that much. Illinois is 28% of net income for two children. She'd get a little over 300 per week, assuming his net is appx 56K. He'll have (or should we say we would have...) had to carry both childrens medical and pay 50% of out of pocket medical support. I'm not familiar with spousal support, but even with incomes well over 6 figures there is still a limited amount of time an ex can get spousal support. Too bad he seems to love his money more than he loves his kids.

    I'm still praying we are all wrong and she is found alive.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    copied from the last thread:



    She wouldn't even get that much. Illinois is 28% of net income for two children. She'd get a little over 300 per week, assuming his net is appx 56K. He'll have (or should we say we would have...) had to carry both childrens medical and pay 50% of out of pocket medical support. I'm not familiar with spousal support, but even with incomes well over 6 figures there is still a limited amount of time an ex can get spousal support. Too bad he seems to love his money more than he loves his kids.

    I'm still praying we are all wrong and she is found alive.
    me too, i pray for her everyday!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13
    i was just curious if anyone heard anything about the cell phone that they allegedly found on 5/12 during the search? (i havent found an article on it.....one of the red cross people told me at the search!)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,843

    Very similar situation

    as the Kathy Stobaugh case, which is how I ended up here and reading this one.
    IMHO, her hubby did her in, but it is going to take more than theories for them to be able to arrest him. I also believe, again, just my opinion, that he killed her in a rage, maybe because of the filing for eviction, and so he had to come up with a quick way to get rid of the kids and cover up.

    I also wanted to suggest Google Earth to people, as I haven't seen it mentioned. It's free to download, and you enter in an address and get a reasonable satellite view from a few years ago. I've found it very helpful to have a better idea of what the area looks like where these cases are happening.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    602
    I have not yet had the opportunity to be the first to welcome someone on their very first post - so WELCOME Lanie! Great suggestion re Google Earth.

    I'm not familiar with the Stobaugh case but I gather there is a thread here somewhere. I will go check it out.

    Utopia

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    as the Kathy Stobaugh case, which is how I ended up here and reading this one.
    IMHO, her hubby did her in, but it is going to take more than theories for them to be able to arrest him. I also believe, again, just my opinion, that he killed her in a rage, maybe because of the filing for eviction, and so he had to come up with a quick way to get rid of the kids and cover up.

    I also wanted to suggest Google Earth to people, as I haven't seen it mentioned. It's free to download, and you enter in an address and get a reasonable satellite view from a few years ago. I've found it very helpful to have a better idea of what the area looks like where these cases are happening.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,283

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I also wanted to suggest Google Earth to people, as I haven't seen it mentioned. It's free to download, and you enter in an address and get a reasonable satellite view from a few years ago. I've found it very helpful to have a better idea of what the area looks like where these cases are happening.

    Welcome, Lanie!
    We love google earth! Right now, it's helping with an investigation into a girl whose remains were found in Brazoria county texas, at a dumpsite. Go check out the story in the Located forum under "princessblue"

    MG

  10. #10
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    Quote Originally Posted by FactsareFacts View Post
    <snip>
    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...ING_S1.article

    Lisa Stebic was seeking alimony, but Craig said they could each support themselves, court records say. According to Lisa's petition, Craig earns more than $80,000 per year, while she earns less than $10,000 per year.

    Is he for real? Did he actually think he wouldn't have to pay her when he made at least $70,000.00 more than here???

    Glad you posted this. I was going to do it when I got back online if no one else did.

    When I read that to hubby earlier today, he said, "there's motive, right there."


    Who knows ... maybe Craig wouldn't have been ordered to pay spousal support to Lisa. But if what we've read about him being such a tightwad is true - for him to pay child support was probably going to practically kill him.


    Hi Lanie! Welcome to Websleuths!


  11. #11
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    A couple snippets from this afternoon's article sub-titled, Petition: Craig Stebic Was 'Jeopardizing The Mental Well-Being' Of Their 2 Children


    Lisa Stebic's cousin, Mark Greenberg, said last week the family was trying to keep hope alive as he spoke with CBS 2 about Craig Stebic.

    "I think the commitment is there, from what I've seen of Craig and I spent a good amount of time with him today he's very troubled by this. He's very broken up," Greenberg said last week.

    But several friends who spoke to CBS 2 news partner the Naperville Sun last week painted a picture of an extremely troubled marriage. They said Lisa told them Craig threatened on several occasions that he would kill her and nobody would find her.

    Family members have said the allegations surprised them and that Craig would never hurt his wife.


    -----------------------------

    It also mentioned that Craig's hearing for sole custody of the children is scheduled for next Tuesday (May 22nd).

    I still feel it is just so wrong that he filed that petition, and hope the judge refuses to grant it!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    A couple snippets from this afternoon's article sub-titled, Petition: Craig Stebic Was 'Jeopardizing The Mental Well-Being' Of Their 2 Children


    Lisa Stebic's cousin, Mark Greenberg, said last week the family was trying to keep hope alive as he spoke with CBS 2 about Craig Stebic.

    "I think the commitment is there, from what I've seen of Craig – and I spent a good amount of time with him today – he's very troubled by this. He's very broken up," Greenberg said last week.

    But several friends who spoke to CBS 2 news partner the Naperville Sun last week painted a picture of an extremely troubled marriage. They said Lisa told them Craig threatened on several occasions that he would kill her and nobody would find her.

    Family members have said the allegations surprised them and that Craig would never hurt his wife.


    -----------------------------

    It also mentioned that Craig's hearing for sole custody of the children is scheduled for next Tuesday (May 22nd).

    I still feel it is just so wrong that he filed that petition, and hope the judge refuses to grant it!
    IMO his demeanor indicates someone who is terrified he'll be caught. IF he were honestly that worried about her he would be out there busting his butt with everyone else searching -and- shield the children from all this by allowing more time with their grandparents or Aunt's and Uncles, while demonstrating he's willing to work with his childrens mother, because she is their mother regardless of what transpired between the two. He's already sending a message to his children he isn't willing to cooperate solely by his lack of actions. No doubt if Lisa hadn't gone missing he wouldn't make "co-parenting father" of the year. This all seems so "staged" by Craig. IF he is found guilty he will lose ALL parental rights to those children regardless of how the judge rules. I'd be really surprised if the judge would grant him sole custody. Why? He already has joint. Sounds to me like he wants some more upper hand to not allow those kids time with Lisa's family. Wonder why he's so worried about the kids spending time with Lisa's family.... Arrrrgh!
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    969
    I can't help but suspect Craig with all this negative information that is coming to the surface now.
    Lisa is still missing and left without any direction as where she could/would have went - without her children.

    Sorry - I can't help but feel he is involved somehow. I pray I am wrong for the sake of the children.

    Rosco.

  14. #14
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    Snippets from yesterday's Herald News:

    Lisa's petition lends credence to some concerns her friends have raised since her disappearance, including that Lisa sought counseling at Guardian Angel Community Services in Joliet.

    "Ive heard her say, 'If anything ever happened to me, look towards Craig'," said Amer Zegar, speaking with The Herald News' partner the Naperville Sun.

    Zegar and his wife hosted Lisa and her two children at his home several times since January.

    Sheila Schmitz, chief executive officer of Guardian Angel Community Services, would not confirm whether Lisa was a client, but did say she had been contacted by police.

    The organization offers a comprehensive counseling program for children, including kids whose parents are going through divorce, she said.

    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...ICT_S2.article


    Has anyone else heard it reported that Lisa was allegedly seeking counseling for Zach with Guardian Angel Services, as he was having a rough time with his parents divorcing?

    I heard it and can't recall where. Then when I read the above about Guardian Angel Services offering counseling for children, it lent a bit of credibility to what I'd heard.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,071
    It's hard to believe that Lisa's family aren't aware of the problems between her and Craig. It doesn't seem that Lisa was secretive about the problems and it also seems that she made sure that she told people who to look at if anything happened to her. I have an idea that her family are keeping mum because if they don't Craig may not allow them to see the kids. If they really believe that Craig wouldn't harm Lisa I think this family is going to be in for a surprise in not to long.

    To me it is so obvious that Craig harmed Lisa before he sent the kids to the store 2-3 MILES AWAY on their bikes for CANDY. He had to get them out of the house so that he could get rid of her body and clean up anything that might have been a tell tale sign that something happened. Probably happened in their bedroom while the kids were busy elsewhere. I wonder if LE have had the chance to ask the kids if it was a normal thing for their dad to let them ride 2-3 miles to a store for candy. I'll bet it wasn't. This creep has guilty sticking out all over him.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Help Find Missing Lisa Stebic Website
    By CW in forum Lisa Stebic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 09:09 AM
  2. Replies: 492
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 06:38 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 12:12 PM
  4. Who Is Lisa Stebic ?
    By CW in forum Lisa Stebic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 12:57 AM
  5. Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2
    By Mom2threestooges in forum Lisa Stebic
    Replies: 377
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 11:06 AM

Tags for this Thread