609 users online (80 members and 529 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    It's just not looking good for Craig right about now. IMO. Everyday I am reading more information stating Lisa was afraid of him and wanting him out of the house and her life.
    Now she's gone. Again... Hummmmm.....

It just does not look possitive that Lisa will be found alive somewhere. Poor children is all I can think about if the father is responsible.
    Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    It's hard to believe that Lisa's family aren't aware of the problems between her and Craig. It doesn't seem that Lisa was secretive about the problems and it also seems that she made sure that she told people who to look at if anything happened to her. I have an idea that her family are keeping mum because if they don't Craig may not allow them to see the kids. If they really believe that Craig wouldn't harm Lisa I think this family is going to be in for a surprise in not to long.

I get the feeling that things weren't that bad between them so much until after she said she wanted a divorce. I find it very difficult to believe 1.) She would willingly leave her children alone with an abusive husband almost every day, while she was 'escaping' from him, and 2.) That there wouldn't be more said, even rumors, about abuse from him over the years.

To me it is so obvious that Craig harmed Lisa before he sent the kids to the store 2-3 MILES AWAY on their bikes for CANDY. He had to get them out of the house so that he could get rid of her body and clean up anything that might have been a tell tale sign that something happened. Probably happened in their bedroom while the kids were busy elsewhere.

This is what I think, too. My feeling is something came out, like the eviction, or maybe the boyfriend, and he lost control. So he gets the kids out of the house, and puts the body in one of the vehicles. He's probably sweating bullets until he feels it is safe for him to take it out and dump it. So where would he take it? I think it has to be somewhere he is at least a little familiar with, because he only has so much time to dispose of the body and then get back home before someone notices he is gone. My bet is it is somewhere around the father's cabin, or whatever it is, assuming it is close enough to get there and back on time.
    I wonder if LE have had the chance to ask the kids if it was a normal thing for their dad to let them ride 2-3 miles to a store for candy. I'll bet it wasn't. This creep has guilty sticking out all over him.
    Yeah, and from what has been said about Lisa and her kids, I bet if she was alive and well at that point, she would not have allowed them to go, and if he had already sent them off, she would have gone after them. All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by FactsareFacts View Post
    I posted this on the other thread but it's new info so I thought I would bring it over here.

Well this is interesting too:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...ING_S1.article

Lisa Stebic was seeking alimony, but Craig said they could each support themselves, court records say. According to Lisa's petition, Craig earns more than $80,000 per year, while she earns less than $10,000 per year.

Is he for real? Did he actually think he wouldn't have to pay her when he made at least $70,000.00 more than here???
    Apparently he didn't care if she starved to death after the divorce. JMO.

I think it is a real shame that it took so long for the police to issue a SW. No matter what side you come down on in this case, the fact that it took so long will either make you feel that he had time to destroy evidence. If he is innocent, looking at him sooner would go a lot further in reducing doubt. On the Nancy Grace show, the Plainfield police captain said that after the initial cursory search (which is likely not very detailed), they didn't ask him to do a more thorough search, until they got the warrant. Why wait over 2 weeks?

On the flip side, if Craig is innocent, why didn't he do everthing in his power to exonorate himself by being more cooperative. I know that as much as I disliked my wife during my divorce, if she had shown up missing, I would have stopped at nothing to help find her because I do believe that they need a Father and a Mother.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid this case is going to go cold. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by closeobserver View Post
    I think it is a real shame that it took so long for the police to issue a SW. No matter what side you come down on in this case, the fact that it took so long will either make you feel that he had time to destroy evidence. If he is innocent, looking at him sooner would go a lot further in reducing doubt. On the Nancy Grace show, the Plainfield police captain said that after the initial cursory search (which is likely not very detailed), they didn't ask him to do a more thorough search, until they got the warrant. Why wait over 2 weeks?

On the flip side, if Craig is innocent, why didn't he do everthing in his power to exonorate himself by being more cooperative. I know that as much as I disliked my wife during my divorce, if she had shown up missing, I would have stopped at nothing to help find her because I do believe that they need a Father and a Mother.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid this case is going to go cold. I hope I'm wrong.
    I dont think it will go cold....just my hunch- nothing more

Reworded my thoughts:

I think it is a real shame that it took so long for the police to issue a SW. No matter what side you come down on in this case, the fact that it took so long will leave doubt about possibly destroyed evidence, if it existed in the first place. If he is innocent, looking at him sooner would go a lot further in reducing doubt. On the Nancy Grace show, the Plainfield police captain said that after the initial cursory search (which is likely not very detailed), they didn't ask him to do a more thorough search, until they got the warrant. Why wait over 2 weeks? They had information about the eviction motion within a few days after she turned up missing. Also, why didn't Lisa's lawyer immediately tell them about the pending motion. Even if they didn't have the signed copy back yet, they did prepare the document. Certainly they had to know of the possibility that Craig knew about it.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid this case is going to go cold. I hope I'm wrong. It seems that no one is being questioned, or leaned on. The SW seemed to be an afterthought, designed to appease the public due to a growing number of fingers being pointed at Craig. There was nothing proactive about this entire case.

Again, there is no solid evidence pointing to Craig, just circumstantial evidence. If he is innocent, the police did not do him a favor by looking away for so long. If he is guilty, they didn't do anyone else any favors either by looking away.

Post Chronicle, May 18, 12:30 PM

"She always picked up her 10-year-old son Zach from Walker's Grove Elementary School at 3:30, but it is unconfirmed as to whether or not Lisa was the one to pick up Zach the day of her disappearance."

Hello!!! Shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to determine this one!

Snipped...

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    "This is what I think, too. My feeling is something came out, like the eviction, or maybe the boyfriend, and he lost control."
    The boyfriend? I haven't read anything to suggest there was a boyfriend, have you? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by closeobserver View Post
    Post Chronicle, May 18, 12:30 PM

"She always picked up her 10-year-old son Zach from Walker's Grove Elementary School at 3:30, but it is unconfirmed as to whether or not Lisa was the one to pick up Zach the day of her disappearance."

Hello!!! Shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to determine this one!
    No kidding - ask Zach!

In the current report where it says it's unconfirmed if Lisa picked up Zach the original reports stated the children's account of when they last saw Lisa agreed with what Craig had told LE. It was after that Craig cut off the communication with the children to LE.
    Same with the report still saying they went to Walgreen's when it was posted to be Jewels, further away and across the highway.
    What's new is the info of his employment as a pipefitter with Mechanical, Inc. and he was only placed at Dial Corp. and Tuesday was his last scheduled day there. There were conflicting reports originally stating he was a mechanic and pipefitter. One poster whose husband works for the same union stated that they move around to different locations.
    Seems to me if LE went to the cabin to search right away, as reported then LE has suspected him from the beginning. I don't know why they waited on the warrants. They may now be talking to Mechanical, Inc. backtracking job locations and areas he's traveled including Dial Corp.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    I think this is the headline, a snippet and the link to today's Post Chronicle article closeobserver quoted above:

Lisa Stebic Case: Updates Point To Non-Suspect, 'Abusive' Husband

Lisa Stebic Case - Lisa Stebic, a wife and mother of two from Plainfield, tried to have her "verbally abusive" husband Craig Stebic evicted the same day she went missing. Craig, who is not a suspect, seems to have more than one sign pointing the finger at him, and while he may or may not have participated in his wife's disappearance, it's certainly worth considering.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...21281483.shtml

I agree, Closeobserver, it seems like a no-brainer to just ask Zach if his mom picked him up from school on Monday. But, maybe police haven't had the opportunity to do that. I could be mistaken but I think IF they question the children without Craig's permission, I think any info (and evidence obtained thru that info), would very likely be thrown out in a court of law.

Then there's always the possibility police may know more (maybe even a lot more) than what they are publicizing. Let's hope they do!

As far as waiting so long for a search warrant, the police must first have adequate "probable cause" to convince a judge or magistrate to issue the SW.

Bare in mind that age old document, known as the U.S. Constitution, must be upheld; which I think is a good thing.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
    In the current report where it says it's unconfirmed if Lisa picked up Zach the original reports stated the children's account of when they last saw Lisa agreed with what Craig had told LE. It was after that Craig cut off the communication with the children to LE.
    Same with the report still saying they went to Walgreen's when it was posted to be Jewels, further away and across the highway.
    What's new is the info of his employment as a pipefitter with Mechanical, Inc. and he was only placed at Dial Corp. and Tuesday was his last scheduled day there. There were conflicting reports originally stating he was a mechanic and pipefitter. One poster whose husband works for the same union stated that they move around to different locations.
    Seems to me if LE went to the cabin to search right away, as reported then LE has suspected him from the beginning. I don't know why they waited on the warrants. They may now be talking to Mechanical, Inc. backtracking job locations and areas he's traveled including Dial Corp.

Hey strach - All these conflicting reports are making me --- to the point of not being sure what to believe about anything.

Could you possibly post a link to the story you referred to that addresses Craig's employment or work location(s)? That info is not in the Post Chronicle article I linked. I'd really be most appreciative.

ETA: Nevermind the link, Strach! I think I located it and will post the link and some snippets below.

I realize that LE has to be careful with the kids, and cannot question them without CS's permission, but...

Wouldn't an aunt or uncle be able to ask Zach that question?? I mean, seriously, if CS has a problem with Aunt Whoever asking Zach if Lisa picked him up from school that day, then CS REALLY has a problem, because that would tell me he's in this up to his red, tearless eyes.
    He's guilty. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
    I realize that LE has to be careful with the kids, and cannot question them without CS's permission, but...

Wouldn't an aunt or uncle be able to ask Zach that question?? I mean, seriously, if CS has a problem with Aunt Whoever asking Zach if Lisa picked him up from school that day, then CS REALLY has a problem, because that would tell me he's in this up to his red, tearless eyes.
    I am pretty sure that would be "hearsay" in a court of law......

but it would be nice for the family (not CS) to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorseladydi View Post
    I am pretty sure that would be "hearsay" in a court of law......

but it would be nice for the family (not CS) to know.

I agree, but if and when it ever gets that far, the PA can question the kids on the stand without CS's permission, right?

I was referring more to the current investigation to try to confirm the timeline....But I'm sure LE knows a lot more than they're letting on....
    He's guilty. Get over it.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast