GUILTY CA - Lavonna McLaughlin, 35, found murdered, San Jose, 28 April 1994

Thanks JDB for posting this story. :blowkiss:

I will continue to pray and have hope that my father and step-mother's murder will also be solved.

I believe in LE and the promise they also made to me and my family.

Made me cry - cuz I can't wait for "MY" phone call from LE.

Rosco

Thanks for posting that story. It brought a few tears to my eyes. It's a reminder that even if a case is not solved immediately they are and do solve them years later.

Thanks JDB for posting this story. :blowkiss:

I will continue to pray and have hope that my father and step-mother's murder will also be solved.

I believe in LE and the promise they also made to me and my family.

Made me cry - cuz I can't wait for "MY" phone call from LE.

Rosco

Roscoe My pleasure.I think reading on here and seeing people slam police and all law enforcement for what the think is lack of effort sometimes. I had to post this. The cops FBI an all involved work thier hineys off. And just because we think to do not react as fast as we think they should hurts.

Oh I know one day that phone will ring!!!!!:blowkiss:

Roscoe My pleasure.I think reading on here and seeing people slam police and all law enforcement for what the think is lack of effort sometimes. I had to post this. The cops FBI an all involved work thier hineys off. And just because we think to do not react as fast as we think they should hurts.

I completely agree with you Cowboy!! Thanks so much for posting this story. :blowkiss:

Something else people need to keep in mind... LE doesn't always release all they have to the media/public. They have to keep some things under wrap. So, when someone accuses LE of not doing their job, they should keep this in mind.

This police officer is a shining example, i wish stories would be broadcast more often, so more people would have faith in law enforcers, and also set examples for rookies. =)

From September 2009:

http://www.mercurynews.com/search/ci_13255936

Former San Jose cheerleader Lavonna McLaughlin struggled so vigorously to block her knife-wielding killer in 1994 that tendons in both her hands were severed.

But the struggle, where she drew blood from her attacker, wasn't entirely in vain, a prosecutor noted Wednesday after a Santa Clara County jury found former janitor Darryl Shearer guilty of first-degree murder for slashing her 27 times until she died. It was DNA from Shearer's blood that led to his arrest and conviction in the 15-year-old cold case.

From February 2011:

http://www.leagle.com/decision/In CACO 20110223077/PEOPLE v. SHEARER

Defendant moved for a new trial, asserting (1) error in the restriction of his presentation of third-party culpability evidence and (2) insufficiency of the evidence of robbery as a basis for felony murder.

The trial court agreed with him that the verdict was based on "too much... speculation" to support a felony murder theory. It accordingly granted the defense motion in part, reducing the verdict from first-degree to second-degree murder.

The court sentenced defendant to 15 years to life, with a one-year enhancement for the use of the knife, to be served consecutively.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back