745 users online (105 members and 640 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

God Hates the World: New Outrage From Group That Pickets GIs' Funerals

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273313,00.html

"Falwell warmly praised Christ-rejecting Jews, pedophile-condoning Catholics, money-grubbing compromisers, practicing fags like Mel White, and backsliders like Billy Graham and Robert Schuler, etc.," the site reads.
    Last month, the group released a music video entitled "God Hates the World." Sung to the tune of "We Are the World," the song changes the chorus to: "God hates the world and all her people, you, every one, face a fiery day for your proud sinning. It’s too late to change His mind, you lived out your vain lives, storing up God’s wrath for all eternity."

======
    i watched the video ..... excuse me now i feel ill and need a shower.

Those fools are worse than the Islamic radicals who blow themselves to smithereens for Allah. Makes me ashamed to be a Baptist. (For the record, I don't know any Baptists who agree with them!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrity View Post
    Those fools are worse than the Islamic radicals who blow themselves to smithereens for Allah. Makes me ashamed to be a Baptist. (For the record, I don't know any Baptists who agree with them!)

For the record, I think that most of us realize that most main stream religions have off sects that take it to a zealot extreme and certainly does not reflect of the postive aspects of the other sects.

These people are no more "Babtist" then I am the Virgin Mary.
    Just because they decided to call themselves that does not mean they are. I almost wish Religions could sue these off sects for claiming they are of the same beliefs and teachings as the main stream version.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273313,00.html

"Falwell warmly praised Christ-rejecting Jews, pedophile-condoning Catholics, money-grubbing compromisers, practicing fags like Mel White, and backsliders like Billy Graham and Robert Schuler, etc.," the site reads.
    Last month, the group released a music video entitled "God Hates the World." Sung to the tune of "We Are the World," the song changes the chorus to: "God hates the world and all her people, you, every one, face a fiery day for your proud sinning. It’s too late to change His mind, you lived out your vain lives, storing up God’s wrath for all eternity."

======
    i watched the video ..... excuse me now i feel ill and need a shower.

These idiots have been around for awhile. They picket all kindsa funerals, not just GI's...they had threatened to picket the Amish funerals, and they also were going to (not sure they did) picket the first victim of the VT massacre (forgive me, his name escapes me).

IIRC they blame homosexuallity in America for all the things that are going on that is bad.

I had read somewhere they redid the song "We are the world" with the words "God hates the World" (ETA, ok, now you see how bad my short term memory is, I had just read that in the above post, DUH)...bunch of lunatics, IMO. There website is something about God Hates Fags. Sickening.

Amazing to me how a small church of 70 can get attention, people should just ignore them, maybe they will go away.

I'd like to be a 'fly on the wall' when the leader of this group comes face to face with his Maker. I'd really like to witness that discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    I'd like to be a 'fly on the wall' when the leader of this group comes face to face with his Maker. I'd really like to witness that discussion!
    Me too!!

Wow a whole whopping 70 members? He sure has a big following.

What an Azz......
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I almost wish Religions could sue these off sects for claiming they are of the same beliefs and teachings as the main stream version.
    Same here. I did find one comment here that was reassuring.

Southern Poverty Law Center has classified Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group, and the Anti-Defamation League keeps tabs on the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post

What an Azz......
    my understanding is the preacher has 9 grown kids. all most all members are just extended family.

WI has restricted the protesting area by legislation -

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184623,00.html

Somewhere in this article ... a motorcycle group organizes itself to protect the families etc when this happens - I LOVE THAT!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

And I respect your right to free speech - I just can't imagine a more tasteless display of it. It may be great publicity, but no one in their right mind would want to join the church...

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post

What an Azz......
    They are all from the same family. We live about an hour away from their "church" and they are always around. We just ignore them. They want to get everyone upset and they love media coverage. More than one of the members is an attorney...so they are just waiting for someone to do something to "them."

They are sickos. But what's really sad is what they are doing to their children. We've seen some young ones holding the most hateful signs you've ever seen. What they are doing to their children just sickens me. A couple of their family members have gotten away from the group...and it's interesting to hear what they have to say about their family members...and it's not good.

I personally think Phelps is gay. He just protests way too much. We've seen this sort of thing before...the minister who denounces gays and then is found to be gay himself. Of course there's the one who claimed that he'd been "cured" from being gay. lol People are so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    .....I'd like to be a 'fly on the wall' when the leader of this group comes face to face with his Maker. I'd really like to witness that discussion!
    I think the Big Guy will say, "Dude - you got Me all wrong. Let's try it again."

I also wanted to ditto what Amraann said - no one in the world really considers these folks Baptist. Crazy has a congregation all to itself.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0706/flag_ap.html
    OMAHA, Neb. (AP) A member of a Kansas group that has drawn criticism for protesting at soldiers' funerals was charged Thursday with misdemeanors after her son stomped on a U.S. flag during a demonstration last month.
    Shirley Phelps-Roper, 49, of Topeka, Kan., was charged with negligent child abuse, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, flag mutilation and disturbing the peace.
    ==========
    more @ link.

Mostly family, I believe. This is what happens with too much inbreeding, IMO. I can't imagine attending this church. But, with their running all over the country protesting funerals, I don't think there's anyone left in Kansas to hold a legitimate service on any given Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnGoddess View Post
    Mostly family, I believe. This is what happens with too much inbreeding, IMO. I can't imagine attending this church. But, with their running all over the country protesting funerals, I don't think there's anyone left in Kansas to hold a legitimate service on any given Sunday.

...normally, I am completely against the death penalty...

...however, I may make an exception for these people...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast