804 users online (111 members and 693 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

9-Year-Old Charged With Poisoning Stepmom, Siblings

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13338053/detail.html

IRVINGTON, Ala. -- A nine-year-old boy was placed in juvenile detention after he was charged with four counts of third-degree assault for poisoning his 30-year-old stepmother and his three siblings in separate incidents.

More at link..

"Investigators described the youngster as a "troubled child" in need of professional counseling."

I hope this child get's the help he needs. Thankfully his family is expected to recover.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I saw this on our local news last night, and I was like . I would really like to know more, maybe they will do a follow up.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

What would possess a 9 year old to do that? Where would he even get the idea to do it? I hope that he gets help before it is to late.
    Happy New Years

After all the horrible "stepmom" crimes we've been reading, I can't help but wonder if he had "reasons" for trying to kill his stepmom. Of course, I mean "reasons" in his 9 yr old mind.

The article didn't say if the siblings were half/step or bio.

(Not making excuses for him-just wondering!)

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    After all the horrible "stepmom" crimes we've been reading, I can't help but wonder if he had "reasons" for trying to kill his stepmom. Of course, I mean "reasons" in his 9 yr old mind.

The article didn't say if the siblings were half/step or bio.

(Not making excuses for him-just wondering!)
    I have the same thoughts Taximom...

I hope there will be more information on this in the future.

Rosco

Interesting case, maybe the boy has no reasons.

There was the famous case of Graham Young, the St. Alban's Poisoner. He was a 14 year old who was poisoning his family/stepfamily members, had no reasons really other than his interest in chemistry and that he could closely observe the family's symptoms as he was doing his experiments.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...ung/index.html

IMO its pretty freaking easy to trick a 11-13 YO ...
    We do this daily as parents as we bribe and coerce our way through childhood.
    SO...... lets please all unofficially poll here ... who thinks a 9 YO could do this??
    and Q #2 who thinks that if an actual 9 YO did this.. then who thinks the parents are totally responsible??

ps: Investogators!!!! WHo gave the "info" that made this child "troubled"
    The step mom ???

I think it's quite possible the child is a poisoner. Many criminals start out young. ETA: And it is later found out they did "experiments" as a child. The poisoner secretly gave various things to people or pets to see what would happen, the knife murderer did "dissections" on wildlife or neighborhood pets etc. and the sadist is "cruel to animals" or younger children.

Child: "Hmmm, what will some of this stuff do to a person/cat/dog?" "Let's see!" *slips some in their sister's drink and watches*

It isn't the parent's fault I think, unless you really want to blame them for genetics? Some people are just born with no impulse control, and no empathy.
    Last edited by KatK; 05-17-2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    IMO its pretty freaking easy to trick a 11-13 YO ...
    We do this daily as parents as we bribe and coerce our way through childhood.
    SO...... lets please all unofficially poll here ... who thinks a 9 YO could do this??
    and Q #2 who thinks that if an actual 9 YO did this.. then who thinks the parents are totally responsible??

ps: Investogators!!!! WHo gave the "info" that made this child "troubled"
    The step mom ???
    Well, given that you posted in another topic that you put dish soap into an abuser's food nightly, I'd like to ask you: "Who gave the "info" that made *you* so troubled? Do you really blame your mother, for the crimes (yes CRIMES) you just admitted to committing? *eyebrow*

Quote Originally Posted by KatK View Post
    Well, given that you posted in another topic that you put dish soap into an abuser's food nightly, I'd like to ask you: "Who gave the "info" that made *you* so troubled? Do you really blame your mother, for the crimes (yes CRIMES) you just admitted to committing? *eyebrow*
    KatK,

On the same thread that you have just referenced, you said to Amraann "I will not debate the topic with you again, anywhere here: This means do not attempt to bring the topic up to me."

If you meant that, why bring it up here on a separate thread?

Sometimes it's a good idea to keep the boundaries you erect.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    KatK,

On the same thread that you have just referenced, you said to Amraann "I will not debate the topic with you again, anywhere here: This means do not attempt to bring the topic up to me."

If you meant that, why bring it up here on a separate thread?

Sometimes it's a good idea to keep the boundaries you erect.
    Reread my full words. I am keeping my boundaries, barely, but I am doing so. Such things need to be challenged, IMO.

Reread my full words. I am keeping my boundaries, barely, but I am doing so. Such things need to be challenged, IMO.
    KatK,

I read every word to include when you said "Amraann.....I hope you never experience it for yourself, because you are quite ill-prepared to weather it. " and

"I think going to counseling to let go of your anger and resentment towards your mother, and to make peace with the hurt child you have inside you would do you a lot of good Amraann."

and "You obviously do not comprehend what being an ADULT survivor of abuse is like. "

I found those posts to be offensive and dismissive and they seemed to offer unsolicited personal advice to someone you don't know.

I appreciate your viewpoints on the subject of abuse. I have abuse survivor experience of my own and so I am always interested in hearing the perspectives of others.

But it is hard for me to hear what you are trying to say when you take it personal towards another poster. There are ways to disagree without being disagreeable.

Just my .

SCM

Consider that a person calling a mother who is in an abuse relationship "selfish" and brushing off the pain they may still be healing from would also be very offensive. ETA: I have agreed to disagree with her on that particular topic. That does not mean I have agreed to disagree with her that putting substances in a person's food is wrong, and to come in and "tutt tutt" at the parents of a child who has done such things, when the tutter has themselves done such things blows my irony meter to bits.

Consider that a person calling a mother who is in an abuse relationship "selfish" and brushing off the pain they may still be healing from would also be very offensive. ......
    Already considered and my opinion remains the same.

We talk about people and cases on this board all the time. Many times other posters say things that we find offensive, insane, stupid or just downright wrong.

There are ways of putting our points and opinions forward without disrespecting the posters with whom we disagree. I have high hopes that you will discover some of those ways.

Garnering respect from anyone begins with giving it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast