1203 users online (266 members and 937 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man Bites Boy, 3, All Over His Body To Warn Against Biting

What a monster! He was the boy's uncle, I wonder where his parents were, they aren't mentioned at all.

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. A man was charged with assault for allegedly biting his 3-year-old nephew all over his body to teach the toddler that biting people is wrong, police said.
    Hector Pulido, 40, was arrested Tuesday after day care workers discovered adult-size bite marks on the boy's chest, stomach, shoulder, back, thigh, leg and buttocks, police said.
    The boy told officers his uncle had bitten him. When questioned, Pulido allegedly admitted that he did it "to teach him not to bite anyone," said Lt. James Viadero, a police spokesman.
    Pulido was charged with assault and risk of injury to a minor. He was being held on $100,000 bond after a court appearance Wednesday. A message seeking comment was left with the public defender representing Pulido.
    The toddler was evaluated at a hospital, and the state Department of Children and Families was notified.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273292,00.html

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    This guy is crazy! Lock him up and throw away the key.

What is wrong with people these days??? I just don't get it!!!

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Was he serious? That is just stupid. Stupid and cruel.
    Just thinkin' out loud....

My daughter has been going through a biting phase, my aunt suggested I bite her back. I told her I cant believe she would suggest that, she raised three kids and helped raise 8 grandkids. Granted I dont think she left marks on them but still violence doesnt stop violence, it just teaches them that its ok if your bigger to pick on someone else.

This is gruesome, but I have definitely heard some people from older generations than mine suggest these tactics with a straight face when discussing child-rearing.

How much do you want to bet that this uncle was raised in a similar manner?
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I've heard of daycare's where they'd give the kid a drop of tabasco sauce. That to me is a bit cruel. But I'm also old school. You don't do play nice with other kids? That's a paddlin'.....

Hector Pulido

Guilty Plea
    Offense Date: 05/15/2007
    Sentence Date: 08/23/2007

Offense: 1st Degree Reckless Endangerment
    Sentence: 1 year suspended - 3 years probation

Offense: 3rd Degree Assault

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    Hector Pulido

Guilty Plea
    Offense Date: 05/15/2007
    Sentence Date: 08/23/2007

Offense: 1st Degree Reckless Endangerment

Offense: 3rd Degree Assault
    Huh? Does that mean he didn't recieve jail time or did I read that wrong? I hope that I read it wrong.

Secondly, if he bit his butt area they should charge him seperate for that. I wonder how deep the bites were, I didn't see a picture.

That, indeed, means that he served no jail time.

serenity now!

Quote Originally Posted by gman20001969 View Post
    I've heard of daycare's where they'd give the kid a drop of tabasco sauce. That to me is a bit cruel. But I'm also old school. You don't do play nice with other kids? That's a paddlin'.....

In the old days, before God invented color, it was common to bite a child to teach him not to bite others....the theory was that once the child realized it hurt to be bitten, he would realize that he himself had hurt others by biting, and would stop the behavior. Even way back when this was common, it was ONE BITE to teach the child. This uncle is abusive, he needs to be supervised around children and never be trusted alone with children too young to defend themselves. I have also heard of parents using tobasco sauce to teach children to stop saying bad words. Children have way more taste buds than adults, and I would imagine that this would cause an incredible amount of pain.

I never bit my kids, I can't imagine any loving relative biting a baby/toddler hard enough to cause pain! And the best way to ensure your little ones don't say bad words is to not use bad language around them!

editing to add: if a day care worker EVER put tobasco in my babies' mouths, that day care would have rued the day they decided to use that policy. They'd be facing legal action! And while my sons did occasionally receive a pop on the hiney, I usually did it to stop dangerous behavior: Do NOT run out into the road! Do NOT put your fingers in the electrical sockets! Playing nice is a learned skill, and I found it easier to remove a child from his friends when he wouldn't get along and be nice.......they learned quick enough to play nice! I don't mean this to say that I disapprove of your paddling a child, because I imagine you handled yourself well and didn't beat the kids! I guess since my dad was physically abusive to my sisters and I at times, I never could paddle my children. I was too afraid that I might cross the line.

The fact that this uncle got off with no jail time is disappointing, but not really surprising. Our legal system does not seem to value children very much.
    Last edited by kgeaux; 05-07-2010 at 04:19 PM.