Dogs Put To Sleep While Owner Was In Hospital

White Rain

Reaction score
This poor man, I feel so sorry for him. Last year my yorkie had to be put to sleep and it tore me to pieces. Even now I still think of him and cry.

FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. -- A Forsyth County man said he is suing the Forsyth County’s animal control for killing his two dogs while he was in the hospital.

Mitchell Greenway’s dogs, Misti and Dakota, were euthanized in January when Greenway was in the hospital after having a heart attack.

He said he could only now bring himself to talk about it. Greenway also said he is lost without his beloved dogs.

“This is the first time I’ve been able to talk about it without tearing up,” Greenway told Channel 2’s Diana Davis.

Greenway said his dogs were euthanized at the Forsyth County Animal Shelter while he was hospitalized with a heart attack.

“I just want to make sure this never happens to another individual,” said Greenway.

He admitted he signed a release that handed the dogs over to animal control but said in his condition, he didn’t realize what he was doing.

“I should have never been asked to sign a legal document in the condition I was in,” he said.

The release for Forsyth County Animal Control clearly stated the dogs might be euthanized if they could not be adopted or if the shelter was lacking space. After 4 days, that’s just what happened. Both Misti and Dakota were put to sleep. (more at link)
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13342019/detail.html

So sad. You know, The Humane Society has these packets that you can fill out in case something happens to you and you can't speak for your pet. So many pets end up in bad situations because their owners get sick, injured or die suddenly. This is just heartbreaking for this man and his little doggies.

I got 4 dogs in a ranch house. One of them is a puppy. I would have gladly watched this man's dogs while he was in the hospital. Unfortunately, I would only be able to feed and water them. And rescue groups are hard to work with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back