MN - Minnesota Missing Persons & Unidentified

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Families Hope DNA Can ID Long-Unidentified Bodies

St. Paul Minnesota has a bold new program to track down missing persons, and it is the first system of its kind in the country.

The program starts while officials at the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension continue to hope they can match up the remains of hundreds of Joe and Jane Does with hundreds of missing persons cases in Minnesota.

Currently, there are almost 800 missing people and more than 250 unidentified bodies and remains.

The BCA has started sending out DNA kits to police departments across the state. They want DNA from relatives of missing people.

They're also working with local coroners and medical examiners to find out how many bodies or remains have been found and never identified.

All the data from the remains is getting loaded into state and federal databases.

The other big development in coordinating the search for missing persons is a plan to get new missing persons cases loaded into the BCA and federal crime information data bases a lot sooner than in the past.

Rasmussen hopes it will serve as a model and bring answers much sooner to the families of missing persons.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap::clap:

I am not a person that wants "Big Brother" looking over my shoulder every minute of every day, but I have often thought that when a baby is born, we should put the baby's DNA into a state database, just for this reason. I know it's almost inviting trouble, but it would make it easier to ID remains and Jane/John Does.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back