1273 users online (199 members and 1074 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Jeffrey Dupres, 3, Slave Lake, AB, 24 April 1980

Jeffrey Andrew Dupres
    Missing since April 24, 1980 from Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: March 16, 1977
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 3 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0; 35 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Curly, dark blonde hair; gray eyes
    • Medical Conditions: History of poor eyesight runs in the family, therefore Jeffrey probably wears glasses. Blood type A-positive.
    • Marks, Scars: Dupres has flat feet and wore orthopedic shoes at the time of his disappearance.
    • Clothing: Jeffrey was last seen wearing rust colored pants, a long sleeve beige t-shirt with brown trim and dark brown shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Dupres was abducted from outside his family's Slave Lake, Alberta home on April 24, 1980. A White female was seen leading the child into a car driven by a White male. The vehicle was described as a 1979 or 1980 model Chevrolet truck, light to dark blue in color.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Royal Canadian Mounted Police
    877-318-3576
    All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.
    NCIC Number:
    M-054299039
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information: The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/117dmab.html

Time Sheds No Light On Mystery

Denise McKee says she'll never forget that panicked feeling in the pit of her stomach when she discovered her three-year-old son had vanished from the family's Slave Lake home.

More than 27 years later, that feeling of dread persists.

"It was an instant realization that something was wrong," she recalled. "I've never been able to get past it because it never got better."

Jeffrey Dupres, who would now be 30 years old, has never been found.

His mysterious disappearance is believed to be one of the oldest missing children's cases in the country.

Shortly before 1 p.m. on April 24, 1980, Dupres told his mother he was going with his five-year-old friend, Rodney, to play next-door at his house, McKee told Sun Media.

McKee and her son were both outside at the time in the small town, 251 km northwest of Edmonton. McKee said she took the opportunity to go back inside her home to transfer a load of laundry from the washing machine to the dryer.

About 20 minutes later, Rodney showed up looking for his playmate, McKee said. That's when McKee realized the horror of the situation.

She can only guess at what happened - that Dupres wandered off instead of going to his childhood friend's home, and then someone snatched him.

"No one knows what happened," she said in a phone interview from her Ottawa home. "He could've been taken by aliens."

McKee, now 53 years old, said RCMP initially accused her of being involved in her son's disappearance.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmo...94560-sun.html

Bumping.

Missing 28 years today.

Dupres told his mother he was going with his five-year-old friend, Rodney, to
    Who lets a 3 year old go outside alone?

"He could've been taken by aliens."
    Um, yeah, okay. Strange....

Quote Originally Posted by anthrobones View Post
    Who lets a 3 year old go outside alone?
    We can't judge her too harshly. It was different in the 1980s. As late as 1990 my mother would let me ride my bike around the streets of our neighbourhood alone and this was perfectly normal for the time. If my 11 year old niece and 9 year old nephew wanted to do that now while she babysitting there is no way she would let them. He was a beautiful little boy. Since there was a couple involved I am hoping that he was taken by them out of desperation over childlessness. Its the best of bad scenarios.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 05-02-2015 at 01:40 AM. Reason: broken quote

Who saw the woman leading the little boy into the car? Was it the five year old playmate or someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by hmg View Post
    Who saw the woman leading the little boy into the car? Was it the five year old playmate or someone else?

I don't know hmg, I can't find very much on this case.

http://www.ourmissingchildren.gc.ca/...d=135&lang=eng
    Case Number: 8912589

Missing Since: 24 April 1980
    Missing From: Slave Lake, Alberta, CANADA
    Details: Jeffrey was taken by a couple driving a 1979-80 blue chevy truck.

Still thinking about Jeffrey Dupres. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. May he come home someday soon.

Missing children: Nine Canadian cases

Jeffrey Dupres was a three-year-old boy living in Slave Lake, Alta.

On April 24, 1980, Jeffrey was playing outside with his neighbour friend. At around noon that day, his friend went home for lunch. Jeffrey never arrived back home.

Police and volunteers searched the area with hopes of finding Jeffrey. It is believed that Jeffrey may have entered a truck driven by a man and a woman. The truck was dark blue with a light blue stripe in the middle. It is possible that the truck had American license plates.

It has been 32 years since Jeffrey was last seen. He would be 35 years old today.

If you have any information on Jeffrey's disappearance or his whereabouts, please call Cpl. Chris Murphy of the RCMP K-Division at 780-849-3999 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

{Age-enhanced photo at link}

http://news.ca.msn.com/missing-child...n-cases?page=3

Another face I remember well from Child Find posters. Sad that there has been no answers. I've read elsewhere that the mother suspected her ex-husband had a hand in Jeffrey's disappearance.

Jeffrey was such an adorable little boy. The 80s were indeed a different time, even looking back on my own childhood, I doubt kids today would have the same kind of unsupervised activity.

Facebook page "What Happened To Jeffrey Dupres?"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/What-...=photos_stream

There hasn't been any recent activity but I think the page is run by his mother. There's a very nice photo of the two of them together.