Reaction score
Jeffrey Andrew Dupres
Missing since April 24, 1980 from Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: March 16, 1977
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 3 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0; 35 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Curly, dark blonde hair; gray eyes
  • Medical Conditions: History of poor eyesight runs in the family, therefore Jeffrey probably wears glasses. Blood type A-positive.
  • Marks, Scars: Dupres has flat feet and wore orthopedic shoes at the time of his disappearance.
  • Clothing: Jeffrey was last seen wearing rust colored pants, a long sleeve beige t-shirt with brown trim and dark brown shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dupres was abducted from outside his family's Slave Lake, Alberta home on April 24, 1980. A White female was seen leading the child into a car driven by a White male. The vehicle was described as a 1979 or 1980 model Chevrolet truck, light to dark blue in color.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
877-318-3576
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.
NCIC Number:
M-054299039
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information: The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/117dmab.html

Denise McKee says she'll never forget that panicked feeling in the pit of her stomach when she discovered her three-year-old son had vanished from the family's Slave Lake home.

More than 27 years later, that feeling of dread persists.

"It was an instant realization that something was wrong," she recalled. "I've never been able to get past it because it never got better."

Jeffrey Dupres, who would now be 30 years old, has never been found.

His mysterious disappearance is believed to be one of the oldest missing children's cases in the country.

Shortly before 1 p.m. on April 24, 1980, Dupres told his mother he was going with his five-year-old friend, Rodney, to play next-door at his house, McKee told Sun Media.

McKee and her son were both outside at the time in the small town, 251 km northwest of Edmonton. McKee said she took the opportunity to go back inside her home to transfer a load of laundry from the washing machine to the dryer.

About 20 minutes later, Rodney showed up looking for his playmate, McKee said. That's when McKee realized the horror of the situation.

She can only guess at what happened - that Dupres wandered off instead of going to his childhood friend's home, and then someone snatched him.

"No one knows what happened," she said in a phone interview from her Ottawa home. "He could've been taken by aliens."

McKee, now 53 years old, said RCMP initially accused her of being involved in her son's disappearance.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2007/05/20/4194560-sun.html

Who lets a 3 year old go outside alone?

We can't judge her too harshly. It was different in the 1980s. As late as 1990 my mother would let me ride my bike around the streets of our neighbourhood alone and this was perfectly normal for the time. If my 11 year old niece and 9 year old nephew wanted to do that now while she babysitting there is no way she would let them. He was a beautiful little boy. Since there was a couple involved I am hoping that he was taken by them out of desperation over childlessness. Its the best of bad scenarios.

Who saw the woman leading the little boy into the car? Was it the five year old playmate or someone else?

Still thinking about Jeffrey Dupres. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. May he come home someday soon.

Jeffrey Dupres was a three-year-old boy living in Slave Lake, Alta.

On April 24, 1980, Jeffrey was playing outside with his neighbour friend. At around noon that day, his friend went home for lunch. Jeffrey never arrived back home.

Police and volunteers searched the area with hopes of finding Jeffrey. It is believed that Jeffrey may have entered a truck driven by a man and a woman. The truck was dark blue with a light blue stripe in the middle. It is possible that the truck had American license plates.

It has been 32 years since Jeffrey was last seen. He would be 35 years old today.

If you have any information on Jeffrey's disappearance or his whereabouts, please call Cpl. Chris Murphy of the RCMP K-Division at 780-849-3999 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

{Age-enhanced photo at link}

http://news.ca.msn.com/missing-children-nine-canadian-cases?page=3

Another face I remember well from Child Find posters. Sad that there has been no answers. I've read elsewhere that the mother suspected her ex-husband had a hand in Jeffrey's disappearance.

Jeffrey was such an adorable little boy. The 80s were indeed a different time, even looking back on my own childhood, I doubt kids today would have the same kind of unsupervised activity.

http://canoe.com/news/world/crime-h...ener/wcm/eb073cac-9347-4dc4-9d75-05502e8f43ab
Dec. 30 2017
One of the websites I periodically turn to is called doenetwork.org. The site is a catalogue of human misery and specializes in unidentified and missing persons.

A lot of them are kids. But they are also old, black, white, Indigenous and Asian.

The contents will send shivers down your spine and your head spinning in a quest for answers.
fcb48a643cb52d104561a2979e98f417-e1514585127880.jpg
Jeffrey Andrew Dupres at the time of his 1980 disappearance and how he might look today

On Apr. 24 of that year around 1 p.m., Jeffrey Andrew Dupres told his mom he was going to play with his friend next door. She used the opportunity to skip inside to throw in a load of wash.

Twenty minutes later, his young pal showed up looking for the three-year-old boy.

The only clue was a white woman leading the child into a pickup truck whose driver was a white male. It was a light blue 1979 or 1980 Chevy

Bumping for Jeffrey. I’ve just recently learned about this case and I can’t find much information at all. Where was his father in all of this? I can’t find his name or a photo of him anywhere? The Facebook page is run by his mother and 2 brothers. I saw a comment somewhere where the mother suspected the father but I can’t find where that was posted now either.

A couple of new articles published today. His mother hasn't given up and is still looking for him.

It's been 42 years since Jeffrey Dupres disappeared from his home in northern Alberta.

He was just three years old and living in Slave Lake, Alta., at the time.

His mom Denise McKee hasn't given up, recently releasing an age-progression photo of what Jeffrey might look like as a middle-aged man.

There's also a new tip line and a $5,000 reward for any information that helps find him.

Eleven years ago, McKee, an Ottawa resident since 1993 (and earlier — Jeffrey was born at the Grace hospital here, in 1977), created a Facebook page, “What Happened to Jeffrey Dupres?” with the hope of crowdsourcing a solution to the mystery. Last month, she started a campaign to raise funds so a private investigator could set up a tip line (recoveragency.com), as well as examine possible theories and old leads, re-interview people who knew Jeffrey, raise awareness about the case, and employ means unavailable or not used in the early 1980s, including commercial DNA analysis and genealogy websites. Anything to uncover Jeffrey’s fate and his possible whereabouts today.

The Alberta RCMP is also seeking the public’s assistance in locating Jeffrey Dupres, 45, who may now be going by a different name.

Dupres went missing from the Slave Lake area April 24, 1980.

He went to play at a friend's house and was last seen in his front yard by his mother. He was wearing a long-sleeved beige T-shirt with brown trim, rust-coloured pants, and dark-brown orthopedic shoes.

Anna J. James is a private investigator in BC and took on Jeffrey's case. She works for Recover Agency, which is a media agency.
James is charging McKee only 10% of the total fee for her work and is determined to find her vanished son.

"We have, quite interestingly, a couple of men who have come forward and claim to be Jeffrey. I'm in the process of sending out DNA kits to them and working with two genealogists."

James' supervisor gave her the green light to share photos of "Clint" with the Western Standard

"Clint reached out to our Facebook page in 2020 and claimed to be Jeffrey. He has since deleted his account. We've tried several methods to identify him: yearbook photos, reverse image search, Reddit, other P.I.s - to no avail."
63f918f3e8b72.image.png

"Clint" claimed to be Jeffrey and sent these photos with the tip to James but has since disappeared off social media.

James said she would like to speak with him. "Clint" sent a tip to James and claimed he was Jeffrey. It was shared exclusively with the Western Standard, but will not be included until "Clint" is contacted.

"I've been working with the original lead investigator on the case. He's now retired, but I've been calling him to verify a few things. And basically, there was a person who saw him being coaxed into a blue Chevy or GMC truck by a young couple, a young couple in their mid-20s, 30s."

The description offered at the time was a blue truck picked the young boy up, the man driving had red hair and the woman had brunette hair and was attractive.

"That tip came from a brother and sister down the road in a trailer park."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back