835 users online (183 members and 652 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Seven is offline 1984 All Over Again:The Collective Rules

CA - Jay, 56, & Karishma Dhanak, 20, murdered, Anaheim Hills, 21 May 2007

May 22, 2007, 9:08 AM PDT

Authorities tried to determine today if a link exists between a suspicious fire at Anaheim home and the discovery on a nearby lawn of a woman in her 50s bearing signs of a severe assault.

The fire broke out around 11 last night ... Firefighters had the blaze under control at 11:37 p.m. When responders arrived at the home, they found a severely assaulted woman on the lawn of the home next door, said Anaheim Police Sgt. Rick Martinez. He said her injuries were not life-threatening.

A family of four resides at the home that caught fire, he said, adding that one man and two girls were unaccounted for this morning, and that the injured woman appeared to be the fourth family member.

Police were unsure of the connection between the fire and the woman's injuries this morning, and arson and assault detectives were at the scene, Martinez said.

http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-anahei...ll=ktla-home-1

Resistance is futile!
    You will be assimilated!
    By the Collective!

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    What's even more disturbing is the discovery of the two burned bodies on the bike path in Irvine! Wondering if it has anything to do with the missing girls from this house???

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1702750.php

Cool

looks like they are about 21 miles appart Could be.

Very close and there is little to no crime in Irvine. Especially anything that would be so random.

if i was the mom i am not sure i would ever want to wake up.

This story is leading our news out here. What a sad story

So far they have identified the lady on the lawn as the mother. She was being beaten by two men according to neighbors who witnessed the crime last night. The mother is in the hospital in critical condition. The bodies found in Irvine, one has been identified as the 20 year old daughter. The father is still missing and could be the other body. They have found the other daughter and she is alive and well.

They are saying at this point that the other body is that of a man.

Seven is offline 1984 All Over Again:The Collective Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    This story is leading our news out here. What a sad story

So far they have identified the lady on the lawn as the mother. She was being beaten by two men according to neighbors who witnessed the crime last night. The mother is in the hospital in critical condition. The bodies found in Irvine, one has been identified as the 20 year old daughter. The father is still missing and could be the other body. They have found the other daughter and she is alive and well.

They are saying at this point that the other body is that of a man.
    Thanks for connecting these up for us, Kris!

i havent seen the local news, so this is all i know so far .... but it is soooooo strange. when i saw the video at the first link you posted, the LE was saying that the bodies were so badly burned that identification would be difficult .... now to find out they are connected .... since the fire in the house in anaheim was extinguished within a half-hour, it doesnt seem likely the bodies could have been burned there .... and i wont be surprised if there is a UC Irvine connection, because of the two being dumped at the path near that university.

obviously, the witness of the neighbor w/b significant timing-wise, but i almost wonder whether there were two perps involved .... my first hunch is a possible connection with some kind of gang activity (russian or vietnamese, depending on the nationality of the victims) .... witness might be the only reason the woman is still alive ....

God bless both of them!

this is a bad one .... might be a revenge killing!

p.s. what tv channel have you seen most of the coverage on, Kris? ktla?

Resistance is futile!
    You will be assimilated!
    By the Collective!

This was on our own local KCAL news at noon. The stories are confusing, IMO. What they said in our news was that the father and daughter were seen being ushered away from the home by two men in a car.

They said they think the man is the father but he was too badly burned to tell for sure.

They also said when LE were coming up from the side of the road after discovering the burned bodies, they were carrying large 'bolt cutters,' and bags of evidence.

From what it looked like, the officer also had a piece of chain or padlock in his hand.

I haven't read the other articles. Gotta run daughter to work, I'll check in a little later.

JMHO
    fran

Found Karishma's myspace but it is set to private. A picture of two girls who look very much alike.

Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205 View Post
    Found Karishma's myspace but it is set to private. A picture of two girls who look very much alike.

No doubt about it, they were beautiful girls. now 1 Here's a link of the latest story from our local paper. I'm sure tomorrow it'll be more detailed.

JMHO
    fran

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1702730.php

............snip..............

Earlier across the street, neighbor Linda Tufts said she and her son came out to the patio after they noticed a fire was raging. She saw someone rolling something on the ground like sod, but she found out later it was the woman.

When a man spotted them, he called out something like, “They are out in front,” and then two people jumped in a van and took off, Tufts said.

Ironic point, the OCRegister Online this morning's big headline was something like "Irvine still on top list of Safest Cities."

Irvine is where they found the two charred remains.

fran

What a tragic story! Prayers for the mother's condition to improve, and for the family and friends of this family.

From article linked above:
    Traffic surveillance cameras monitor the intersection adjacent to where the bodies were found, but it's unknown if they were recording the events at the time before and after the fire, Handfield said.
    More at OCRegister.com

Hoping that the surveillance cameras were recording during that time, to give LE some more evidence.

Here's a picture of the 20 year old daughter, Karishma, (what a beautiful young woman), may she rest in peace.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Thanks for connecting these up for us, Kris!

i havent seen the local news, so this is all i know so far .... but it is soooooo strange. when i saw the video at the first link you posted, the LE was saying that the bodies were so badly burned that identification would be difficult .... now to find out they are connected .... since the fire in the house in anaheim was extinguished within a half-hour, it doesnt seem likely the bodies could have been burned there .... and i wont be surprised if there is a UC Irvine connection, because of the two being dumped at the path near that university.

obviously, the witness of the neighbor w/b significant timing-wise, but i almost wonder whether there were two perps involved .... my first hunch is a possible connection with some kind of gang activity (russian or vietnamese, depending on the nationality of the victims) .... witness might be the only reason the woman is still alive ....

God bless both of them!

this is a bad one .... might be a revenge killing!

p.s. what tv channel have you seen most of the coverage on, Kris? ktla?

You know what's really strange, Seven, is that the surviving daughter is thought to be a student as UC Irvine. That's what they were saying on the news. I wonder if they were heading that way?

I was watching the coverage on KNBC, believe it or not.

Sorry to say this, but IMHO, it looks like the dad may have gotten into business with the wrong people. There are some people you just don't mess with. They don't just want revenge on you, they'll take out the whole family.

What a shame, a senseless crime. I pray LE keeps the remaining daughter safe.

fran

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1702876.php

Tuesday, May 22, 2007
    Father of slain woman was jailed for fraud
    Anaheim Hills resident Jayprakash Dhanak served time in prison for mail fraud.
    By Gwendolyn Driscoll
    The Orange County Register
    An Anaheim Hills man described as "softspoken" and "very devout" but who also had a history of legal problems and debt is at the center of an unfolding mystery involving suspected arson, assault and murder.

Jayprakash Dhanak, 56, an Indian immigrant who served more than two years in prison after pleading guilty to mail fraud in 2003, is missing after a fire broke out around 11 Monday night at his East Camino Correr house in Anaheim Hills.

The body of his daughter, Karishma Dhanak, 20, has been identified as one of two bodies discovered near an Irvine bike trail early this morning after a fire. Police have not said if the other body is Dhanak's.

Dhanak's wife, Leela, 53, was found badly beaten near the couple's burning home last night. Another daughter, Shayoma, was living elsewhere and is alive.

Dhanak pleaded guilty to one count of mail fraud in 2003 for illegally overbilling the U.S. Postal Service for millions of dollars of mail he handled as a manager of a Santa Ana direct mail business, Mastersort. According to his lawyer at the time, Rafael Bernardino, he served up to two and a half years in prison and faced a $2.5 million fine. The company, for which both he and his wife worked, agreed to repay the $3 million that prosecutors say the company netted from 1995 to 1997.

The couple lived in a two-story, 2,000-square-foot house that they bought with a $510,000 loan in 2005.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast