FL FL - Indian River Co., WhtFem 520UFFL, 21-35, in canal, 2 C-sections, Sept'82

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
http://www.tcwatch.org/crimes/showpicalpha.php?picid=586900108

Case ID: 1982-19860
Info: Victim was found floating in the canal west of 512 on SR 60. She had been shot 4 times in the chest. She was 30 to 35 years old, approximately five feet six inches to five feet eight inches tall, 130 to 140 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She had 2 6" scars above and below her naval area. She was wearing a short sleeved, pullover terry cloth blouse with gold fringe on the bottom and blue jeans. She wore a gold and silver wedding ring on her left hand and a large turquoise ring on the right hand.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200503387S

Name:Linda Rachel Pleva
Classification:Endangered Missing Adult
Alias / Nickname:Racheal Richardson
Date of Birth:1949-07-24
Date Missing:1981-04-01
From City/State:Eugene, OR Missing From (Country):USA
Age at Time of Disappearance:31
Race:White
Height:66 inches
Weight:135 pounds
Hair Color:Brown
Hair (Other):Curly.
Eye Color:Brown
Complexion:Light
Identifying Characteristics:Cesarean section scar on abdomen, hysterectomy scar. Circumstances of Disappearance:Unknown. Linda went missing between April 1981 and June 1981 from Eugene, OR.
Investigative Agency:Lane County Sheriff's Office Phone:(541) 682-4167 Investigative Case #:81-6101 NCIC #:M-184788596

I would say this is very possible. Have you contacted them yet? Good find.

I did a transparency of the UID and overlayed it on the photo of Linda, Looks like a good match to me. If the drawing of the UID is done to proportioned right it matches the photo of Linda Pleva pretty darn close!
Send that one in as a match!

teon...you da bomb girl!!!
A200503387S_3378.jpg

(can't post the UID, too big for this forum)
http://www.tcwatch.org/crimes/showpicalpha.php?picid=586900108

Thanks richandfamous! I sent in a tip at crimestoppers at the UID site, and I am going to contact the police who are doing the investigating for Linda, today.

the Doe page had pictures of her jewelry. pretty impressive wedding band if you ask me.

am I seeing things or does there appear to be some engraving on the inside of the ring?

520UFFL1.jpg

Here's the pic for you guys to examine.

I have the phone number for the cold cases volunteer at Lane Co. I'll give her a jingle next week and see what she thinks.

there is definitely something engraved or etched in the inner circle. whatever it is breaks up the smooth reflection of light on the inner gold surface. you would think that would have been clue #1 as to her identity.

leaving a ring like that behind you know robbery was not the motive for this homicide. makes you wonder if the husband didn't do her in and just not report her missing. (that of course brings up the question of her family but stranger things have happened)

Talked to Lane County Sheriff cold case person today and she said they are pretty sure Linda's remains are close to home. However, she will have her dentist compare with the dentals on record for the UID in Florida just to make sure.

outside of someone identifying the jewelry, i.e. knowing what the engraving is, I don't know how they are going to identify this UID. they have no dentals, no DNA and no fingerprints.

The '2 C-section scars' header is VERY misleading. When a repeat C-section is performed, the surgeon removes the old scar when he/she makes the incision. I've had four and yet have just the one scar. My friend who has had seven also has one scar. If the victim had also had a hysterectomy, the surgeon would also use the C-section scar to access the pelvis.

The UID had scars above and below her umbilicus (belly button). Believe me when I tell you that a C-section is NOT performed above the umbilicus. The vertical scar above is most likely from 1) exploratory laparotomy 2) bowel obstruction / Crohn's or 3) gunshot wound.

Could it have been from having her tubes tied? I have a scar right above my belly button from this. I have had 5 c-sections and I have 2 distinct scars bc I wasn't always cut in the same spot.

Was the wedding ring real gold? I have seen cheap plated ones that look exactly like it, two-tone and diamond cutting and all. It may not be an expensive ring and not worth stealing. Her wearing a wedding ring makes me think a husband killed her and never reported her missing.

The '2 C-section scars' header is VERY misleading. When a repeat C-section is performed, the surgeon removes the old scar when he/she makes the incision. I've had four and yet have just the one scar. My friend who has had seven also has one scar. If the victim had also had a hysterectomy, the surgeon would also use the C-section scar to access the pelvis.

The UID had scars above and below her umbilicus (belly button). Believe me when I tell you that a C-section is NOT performed above the umbilicus. The vertical scar above is most likely from 1) exploratory laparotomy 2) bowel obstruction / Crohn's or 3) gunshot wound.

You can have two c-section scars if one c-section was an emergency c-section. Today they are often able to make the c-sections in the same place despite it being an emergency but that was not always the case in the past. A friend of my sister has two c-section scars for this reason. I am not entirely sure when she gave birth but I think it was in the 80s both times. One was a planned c-section and the other one was an emergency c-section for a ruptured placenta where every second counted.

Body in 1982 cold case in Indian River County to be exhumed in search for new clues

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/crime/indian-river-county/body-in-1982-cold-case-in-indian-river-county-to-be-exhumed-in-search-for-new-clues-2fd2cdce-a437-4f-374797511.html

A "Jane Doe" buried in Winter Beach was a married woman who had at least one child.

She had also attracted the scorn of someone who shot her four times and dumped her body along State Road 60 about 5 miles west of Interstate 95 about 34 years ago. Now, the Indian River County Sheriff's Office wants to exhume her body to see whether more information can be determined about her to help them identify her.

"It's a last-ditch effort," said Robin Pettey, a former crime scene technician for the Sheriff's Office.

Back then they also did vertical incisions more often during a cesarean. A vertical incision could still very well be from a cesarean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back