FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a PI should have been hired by at least four weeks after the abduction. Nobody needs hindsight to know the investigation was in trouble after a month and no arrest.

Remember also the lead detective said this early on; 'this is as close to a vanishing as I have seen.'
That statement told us how difficult the case was.

We must remember we don't really have an obvious crime scene, we don't have a time for the crime, there is no physical evidence, there are no witnesses and if it's a homicide there is no body.
Can anyone think of a more difficult case to work on?

Come to think of it what do you work on?
The CCTV pictures I guess. Of course these aren't exactly easy either.
Would you bet your house that the suspect is either male or female?
Then there is the annoying problem of the suspects face being obscured in one set of photos and looking like an ant at 30 yards in the other set.

This is one tough case.

In March 2006 we knew Jennifer had vanished and we had those two pictures of a POI.
In May 2007 we know Jennifer has vanished, we still have two pictures of the POI, and now we know the POI is the suspect and the suspect parked her car.

I doubt even Sherlock Holmes would want this case landing on his desk.

LOL I am sure you are right about Sherlock! This IS one tough case!

All the more reason I don't get why a PI wasn't hired early on. I think many times, LE discourages it in an effort not to thwart their investigation, but in a case such as this...obviously it would be a help not a hinderance to them. If the Kesse family can raise the money for that reward, they can hire a PI. I would certainly encourage them to do so.

(I believe now I read they thought about it, but the police had asked them not to in the beginning. I will try to find the story later...since I will have to scour thru the first thread and many links.)

Mystery

Agree.

The case was made a lot tougher when the car was not found for two days. Plus, that lousy video. Why have a horrible camera? It seems that camera was only there to keep an eye on that pool, probably for insurance reasons.

I agree this is a tough case.

The public will solve this case with a tip.

that is why I would offer a large dollar amount, 100,000 just for the correct identity of the POI, and proof he is the POI.

talk about incentive.

left

This time, I was thinking something totally different. I used to live in Altamonte Springs, and know Orlando pretty well. That area is just so-so. There are alot of older homes, apartments nearby. (As well as 33rd street prison isn't that far off either.) Anyway, I was a college student in an apartment in Altamonte Springs. So it got me thinking. I recall quite frequently these like traveling magazine salespeople. They would be dropped off near a few complexes, knock on everybodys doors, and give their spiel. Some of them were downright scary. Saying they were trying to win a trip or something, and needed so many points from magazine sales. The companies would put these less than desirables up at cheap area hotels, and send them out selling. Then, they would move on to another location. I'd be curious to know if anyone in her complex, or the ones on Americana, or other nearby complexes bought any magazines from these "traveling" salespeople about the time she disappeared. I don't know how you would locate them, receipt perhaps? Just a thought. Maybe he saw her that Monday when she came home. Could have set out early for his "sales" and dropped the car off near where he was being picked up or within walking distance to where he was staying, or expected to be canvassing. Just a thought. I'd still want to know who the carrier was on that route for the Orlando Sentinel. But this latest thought makes me think that's why no one has recognized him. Hmm...

I just noticed thread #2 on Jennifer was viewed 17,222 times! Amazing! I think that is great! I hope that means someone might actually pay attention to our theories and possible directions for more leads.

something I think we're overlooking

the FBI and other LE say that the suspect is between 5'3"-5'3"

it's likely a male. most males are A LOT taller than that. This can really help narrow it down or at least a place to begin when looking for this guy, many agree he is from around the area, and most of us agree this has to do with Mosaic in some way. Most guys are much taller than that. This should help LE, i guess it hasn't yet although perhaps they are watching certain people or have their eyes on a few suspects.

I know leftcoast thinks this person may be taller and I'm not saying they should only focus on short guys but I would hope if they put up posters stating the suspect's height and the FBI concluded the 5'3"-5'5" I would hope they were able to accurately determine the height.

Yes SS and sometimes a PI can go about an investigation a little differently shall I say.

You have a good original idea there Shower Singer.
We have talked about the idea that someone 'noticed' Jennifer somewhere.
This type of 'noticing' is different to the way we would notice someone.

Left is right about the car. If the suspect dropped it at HOTG to 'buy time' it worked big time.
The investigation didn't even really getting going until the critical 48 hours was up.

Also a good reward should be set up to find Jennifer dead or alive to put in bluntly.
This condition of 'if she is returned safely' or whatever the terms are wont achieve anything. Anyway a similar ploy was tried last year with no result.

This case is awfully close to the last hurrah and the investigation and rewards should be no holds barred.

something I think we're overlooking

the FBI and other LE say that the suspect is between 5'3"-5'3"

it's likely a male. most males are A LOT taller than that. This can really help narrow it down or at least a place to begin when looking for this guy, many agree he is from around the area, and most of us agree this has to do with Mosaic in some way. Most guys are much taller than that. This should help LE, i guess it hasn't yet although perhaps they are watching certain people or have their eyes on a few suspects.

I know leftcoast thinks this person may be taller and I'm not saying they should only focus on short guys but I would hope if they put up posters stating the suspect's height and the FBI concluded the 5'3"-5'5" I would hope they were able to accurately determine the height.

Enrique

You are correct. That height is only about 5% or so of men. You would think it would be easy to locate such a small man.

Yes, I am less than 100% confident in the height. However, after seeing that LE has the POI leaving the car, walking the entire distance, the infamous shot in front of the pool gate, and next to that palm tree, it's hard to imagine they got it wrong.

It's funny, but when LE used that gate shot to attempt to estimate the height, it was telling that the picture in front of the gate was LE's best photo of the POI.

I sure would like a re-enactment of someone parking the car, getting out, and repeating the walk past the gate with several officers. Including short, average, tall, men and women. I think it would give enormous clues as to the sex, etc. Sure, it wouldn't be conclusive, but maybe everybody appears the same height since the camera's are so high above the POI.

I think someone called the view, the POI looks like an ant.

I have full confidence in LE, I was just gasping at reasons why the case wasnt' solved.

Many cases go unsolved because LE makes mistakes, and eliminates the actual perp., due to eyewitness accounts, alibi's that weren't checked, and just plain human error.

good thoughts Enrique

left

Yes SS and sometimes a PI can go about an investigation a little differently shall I say.

You have a good original idea there Shower Singer.
We have talked about the idea that someone 'noticed' Jennifer somewhere.
This type of 'noticing' is different to the way we would notice someone.

Left is right about the car. If the suspect dropped it at HOTG to 'buy time' it worked big time.
The investigation didn't even really getting going until the critical 48 hours was up.

Also a good reward should be set up to find Jennifer dead or alive to put in bluntly.
This condition of 'if she is returned safely' or whatever the terms are wont achieve anything. Anyway a similar ploy was tried last year with no result.

This case is awfully close to the last hurrah and the investigation and rewards should be no holds barred.

As we have stated numerous times, some good PI's will get people to talk, that wouldn't talk to LE due to lack of trust, deportation issues, or because they have a record.

Also, imagine how famous a pi who breaks this case will be. that is incentive enough to make that pi have enough business for the rest of his or her life.

I do think that car was dropped to buy time. the poi wanted it to go wiithout being noticed for some time. The poi guaranteed this by backing up, and making sure the car was straight. Amazing.

yes, a reward, dead or alive, or 'give up the POI, for say 100,000 is ideal.

Hopefully something will break over the holiday weekend.

There is a dirty little secret in LE. Many LE organizations don't get along. Local cops don't care for FBI, locals dont' usually like PI's, and some counties fight over jurisdiction. Hopefully, in this case, everbody has checked their ego at the door. however, it is amazing in national cases how the cops fight over who gets to take credit when a perp. is caught. That Charles Moose in Washington spent all his time on tv. How in the world could he have done any investigating?

left

Sharp Eyes Needed...Checking the suspects height!

Firstly go back to the site below and select police release video. Then right click on the screen and slect full screen.
http://www.local6.com/news/13338700/detail.html

Then just after the half way point when the Kesses are being interviewed we get two shots of the suspect standing by the car. Of course its like looking at a ghost through a mirage but there the suspect is!
Can we check his height against the car?
You can pause the video and most eyes here are younger than mine.

Please see what you come up with.

Sharp Eyes Needed...Checking the suspects height!

Firstly go back to the site below and select police release video. Then right click on the screen and slect full screen.
http://www.local6.com/news/13338700/detail.html

Then just after the half way point when the Kesses are being interviewed we get two shots of the suspect standing by the car. Of course its like looking at a ghost through a mirage but there the suspect is!
Can we check his height against the car?
You can pause the video and most eyes here are younger than mine.

Please see what you come up with.

Mystery

Even in that video, the POI looks average height to me. Maybe I am stuck on this, or have tunnel vision.

I found the dimensions of the 2004 Lumina http://www.automallusa.net/2004/chevrolet/malibu/specifications.html

the car is 57.5 inches tall. So, if the POI is 5"3, he would only be 6-8 inches taller than the car.

It's hard to say with the video and all. The POI could be 5"3_5"5. It is difficult to determine.

left

My eyes must be older than yours! >wink<

I do like the idea of having pics taken with various people of different heights standing at the gate in the same place as the suspect tho. It would make more sense instead of measuring the gate and the way they seemed to go about it. I think they are off by a couple of inches and
maybe more.

My eyes must be older than yours! >wink<

I do like the idea of having pics taken with various people of different heights standing at the gate in the same place as the suspect tho. It would make more sense instead of measuring the gate and the way they seemed to go about it. I think they are off by a couple of inches and
maybe more.

SS wow, we do agree on something!!!!!

If you had to guess, what height would you say the POI is?

Also, did you review my work months ago, where I showed a link to a video, and how the terrain where the POI is standing is much lower than that cooldeck. It also shows how the police used a rope, a female detective, and a yard stick to estimate the height.

I really hope they verified it with a laser, a human model, a surveyor, etc.

It really wouldn't be such an important item, but, LE put the exact height on that flier. So, in essence, they basically only asked for leads of people who fit that height.

Even if the POI is 5'3-5"5, which he probably is, I still wouldn't have painted myself into such a corner. I would have said "do you recognize this person", and leave it at that. Maybe later on, I might add the height, but, only if I was 100&#37; certain. So, maybe LE is 100% certain.

left

ps Everyone here knows my guess at the height, and trust me, I'm NOT confident with my estimate at all. I was just eyeballing it.

My guess would be around 5' 6"-5' 8". His shoe size is much too large for smaller person, in my opinion. He would be out of porportion if he were any less than 5' 6" plus. His shoe is very visable.

I found a very clear pic on CTV and played with it a bit. I am convinced that is no baseball cap turned any way on his head. It looks to me like either a "doo-rag" with a thicker roll around his head or possibly a knit cap rolled there. I don't see ballcap whatsoever. I think LE missed the boat on that, too.

My guess would be around 5' 6"-5' 8". His shoe size is much too large for smaller person, in my opinion. He would be out of porportion if he were any less than 5' 6" plus. His shoe is very visable.

I found a very clear pic on CTV and played with it a bit. I am convinced that is no baseball cap turned any way on his head. It looks to me like either a "doo-rag" with a thicker roll around his head or possibly a knit cap rolled there. I don't see ballcap whatsoever. I think LE missed the boat on that, too.

My guess is 5:8-5"10. But, i would be a fool if I said I was convinced. I compared his height mentally to the male police officer who was doing the estimating, and the POI seemed a tad under his height. The POI seemed much taller than the female officer. Not even close in my mind. One would assume she was 5:2 or so.

AS for his head, you don't see a possibility of a helmet, bicycle perhaps, or one of those small skate board helmets? I saw a kid tonight with a skateboarding helmet, and it looked liked a possible.

That is why a re-enactment with both male and female, tall, short, wearing hats, skateboard helmets, construction helmets, berets, hats-backward and forward, do-rags, different pants, sweats, tennis shoes, bicycle shoes, etc., would just be so valueable and so inexpensive to do. Why haven't then done this (assuming it hasn't been done)? Just do the experiment at noon, and try to duplicate the circumstances.

It's weird, in the first picture, it looks like a beret or hat to me, in the second, it looks like whatever is on his head is elevated, meaning not stuck to the head. Which could mean do-rag, which are used by many.

left

ps SS. Originally, LE thought the POI had a "funky" haircut and LE went to different hair salons trying to get someone to i.d. the haircut.

Sometimes I think the suspect is taller and other times I pereceive him to be around 5' 5". So my thoughts aren't worth too much.

Today it is Wednesday and the new video was released last Thursday.

This case needs something to happen and happen very soon.

If they have in fact got any worthwhile leads and there hasn't been an arrest by the end of next week it's curtains for this case.

It seems every lead single effort has produced a nil result. Late last year the playing cards featuring Jennifer Kesse were distributed to the local prisons and you guessed it..........no result.

Everytime I look at the suspect I think 'beret.'

For what it's worth I reckon it took the suspect 8 seconds to exit the car after it was parked.
He most likely glanced around and wound the drivers window up.

I have decided (for the umpteenth time) the suspect is male. Sometimes I forget it was the length of the stride that convinced me of this.

I thought about bicycle helmet, but the top isn't right. The top of it looks to be laying onto his head and not raised as a hat, helmet, etc. Another thing I thought of is a motion blur of sorts. Maybe he was turning his head towards the cam at the time it was taken and it makes the headwear look strange. I still think doorag or knit cap. Weird..knit cap in Florida..but I know they wear them here in the summer.

I don't think they spent that much time on sizing up this photo in my personal opinion. They measured this and measured that...but they didn't go to any great lengths (like we would) to get this right! Remember, it was local LE doing this prelim work. So no fancy equipment nor did they spend hours and hours on it. The idea of different hats, different sized people, and whatever wasn't in their budget!

You know, your estimates on how tall he is might be correct. Like I said, if you look at the size of that shoe...it would match. As an artist, proportion is important and their estimate is way off.

Hahahahaha! I remember them doing that with the stylists. I thought it was ridiculous then, too!

I have decided (for the umpteenth time) the suspect is male. Sometimes I forget it was the length of the stride that convinced me of this.

Funny you should mention that...because when I was playing with that photo...I thought the same exact thing! He even walks like a taller, male person!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni