1001 users online (161 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Tahoe Vista, woman's decomposed body, May'07 - Victoria Rider

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Placer County Sheriff's detectives are asking for the public's help in identifying a woman whose badly decomposed body was found Monday in the Lake Tahoe area (in a field). A passerby located the body about 25 feet from National Avenue in Tahoe Vista Monday afternoon.
    The woman was between 5-feet 10-inches and 6-feet tall, with dark hair falling just below her shoulders. She was wearing Tahari blue jeans and gold hoop earrings. She suffered from scoliosis, or curvature of the spine.
    http://www.auburnjournal.com/article...odyfound23.txt
    Rest in peace little Marcus.

Where is Jaycee Lee Dugard?

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    I wonder if they have a age/weight/eye color on this woman.

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Hopefully since she's so tall and has the spine problem someone will recognize her soon.

She has money or access to it-Tahari jeans run around $189.00, and she was wearing gold hoops . I would think someone would miss her.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Quote Originally Posted by t93 View Post
    She has money or access to it-Tahari jeans run around $189.00, and she was wearing gold hoops . I would think someone would miss her.
    I was just going to say the same thing. Tahari is high end clothing. Doesn't seem like someone that was living a very low-profile life.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by t93 View Post
    You're kidding? I've been living on the farm TOOOO long. Levi's boot cut $19.99 on sale.

Seriously though, I've looked around for more information and they don't even reveal her skin color, only her height and hair color. They are requesting help from the public but they give only a few details on the victim. I have a couple of tall dark haired cousins by Tahoe who I can't reach today. (I'm sure they are at work, but still for anyone seriously wondering)

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Interestedwoman, I sure hope you reach your family so you can put your mind at ease

Maybe they're being vague on purpose? (To elicit clues or whatever) Also, they say the body was badly decomposed - I'm wondering how long they think the victim has been deceased.

Body discovered in North Tahoe field

~snip~

"Somebody was walking by on foot, there was an odor, so they went to see and saw that it was a body and they called immediately," Savage said.

~snip~

The woman's body had not been discovered before Monday, either because she was hidden behind a tree or because it wasn't there before. Officials won't know until further investigation, said Placer County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Dena Erwin.

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/art...NEWS/105230050

I'd say she was white, in her thirties or fourties. (Older and they would mention grey in her hair; younger and she wouldn't have been wearing Tahari jeans. Borderline momish.)

http://www.placer.ca.gov/upload/srf/press%20release/documents/05-22-07.pdf

This is the official PCSO press release. Doesn't say anthing new.

She could have goten the eans at a thrift store. There are some that I know around here that only sell name brands. They seem to want to pull in the college student who wants to shop but has no money. As for the scoliosis if she were wealthy would't she have gotten that fixed as a child. I know when I was a kid they put you in those back braces, and now they have surgery and electronic muscle stimulation.

They've announced that they are treating this case as a suspicious death but no new info. It drives me nuts that so many people in this world are not missed when they go missing.
    http://www.theunion.com/article/20070525/NEWS/105250162

UID female near Lake Tahoe

North Tahoe body treated as suspicious

Placer County investigators are trying to discover the identity of a woman whose body was found this week at North Lake Tahoe.

They are treating the case as a suspicious death with a full investigation, sheriff's reports said.

An autopsy performed this week revealed the woman was between 5-feet-10-inches and 6 feet tall and had dark hair falling just below her shoulders.

The woman was wearing Tahari blue jeans and gold hoop earrings, said sheriff's reports. She also suffered from scoliosis, a curvature of the spine.

http://www.theunion.com/article/20070525/NEWS/105250162

Awww, how sad! <sigh> Who wouldn't immediately recognize this description if they knew her tho?! It even reminds me of a friend I had long ago with a harrington rod which ended her Ballet career. I swear when are they going to get a television station that will run missing info day and night?! Without getting national attention, people simply don't know where to look.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast