Wal-mart greeter, possibly stalked, fatally stabbed

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A Wal-Mart greeter who told a neighbor he was being stalked by a shoplifter was stabbed to death Thursday in his Whitehall Township apartment.

The neighbor said he heard Liaquat Habib's wife scream, ''My husband's been murdered!'' and saw her run down a hallway of the Independence Square Apartments along Route 22 across from the Lehigh Valley Mall.

Habib, 51, died two hours later at 4:19 p.m. at Lehigh Valley Hospital, Salisbury Township, the Lehigh County coroner's office said. Police said he suffered multiple stab wounds in Apt. 234.

Whitehall Police Chief Theodore D. Kohuth said Thursday night that detectives did not have a suspect in custody or a suspect description.

story from MCALL.com

Poor Guy! Most of the Walmart greeters are older people who just want to earn a little extra money, stay active to some degree and get out to meet the public. I hope they find the perpetrator.

I shop at walmart all the time. Maybe they shouldn't have elderly people checking people's receipts at the door. I wouldn't think that they are very qualified to be apphrehending shoplifters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back