EEK!! 60 year old has twins

I don't have kids but I have 2 dogs and it's hard enough to keep up with 2 dogs let alone 2 HUMAN BABIES at my age ... EEK!!!!

I don't have kids but I have 2 dogs and it's hard enough to keep up with 2 dogs let alone 2 HUMAN BABIES at my age ... EEK!!!!

lol...Like you I also have two fur babies and that is enough for me at 52...Did she not realize when they are 18 she will be 78...PD darlin either we are wimps or this woman is nuts...your choice:D hugsss sweet one

lol...Like you I also have two fur babies and that is enough for me at 52...Did she not realize when they are 18 she will be 78...PD darlin either we are wimps or this woman is nuts...your choice:D hugsss sweet one

LOL, we are both Sassy.. hehe :D We be wimpy nuts.. hehe :D

I think it is very selfish of her to give birth at age 60. Sometimes mother nature does know best, and it is wise not to mess with it.

Wow is all I can say. Im 25 and if I had twins I would lose my mind lol

I had my twins when I was 27, and I felt too old and tired THEN! I can't even imagine.

She's not the only one:

Coincidentally, Tuesday was the birthday of twins born one year ago to a 59-year-old woman — also to a New Jersey woman. Lauren Cohen gave birth to Gregory and Giselle on May 22, 2006, at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia.

(from Paper Doll's link)

I think it is very selfish of her to give birth at age 60. Sometimes mother nature does know best, and it is wise not to mess with it.
Too true, I would like to know how much quality time these parents will have with their new additions, like spending time playing sports with them when they get older, handling the sleepness nights whilst they are still babies, they are going to have their handfuls, hope the children live happy lives and have their parents around long enough to see them graduate, get married and be grandparents if they are not already with their older children. It baffles me why at that age they wanted to start a new young family. Everyone to their own I guess.

She's not the only one:

Coincidentally, Tuesday was the birthday of twins born one year ago to a 59-year-old woman — also to a New Jersey woman. Lauren Cohen gave birth to Gregory and Giselle on May 22, 2006, at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia.

(from Paper Doll's link)

All I can say, is don't drink the water in NJ :D

All I can say, is don't drink the water in NJ :D

I don't think it's the water. I think it's the IVF in South Africa, the socio-political statement the mother is trying to make, and the records she was aiming to break.

All terrific reasons to have kids, don't you think?

Oh, and so her 6yo son could have siblings closer in age than her 29 yo and 33 yo children!!!

I would imagine if she can afford to go to south africa to get in-vetro fertilization that she will probably have a Nanny or two taking care of the kids. I can't help but to think of the heartache these little guys will go through since their mother will probably die while they are still young. It seems really selfish to me.

OK I feel better now, I was watching this on TV this morning and just thought was an absolutely selfish thing to do. These parents are to old to be having babies. She will be 80 when they are 20.
I guess each to his own, but really!!! Y'all have made me feel better.

"EEK" is right! I'm just now enjoying a little spare time because my babies ~sniff~ are growing up and are getting a little more independent AND I LOVE IT!

I'm not even close to 60 and I got tired just imagining this woman with twins. God bless her, she's going to need it. (or a nanny, cook, and maid!)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back