831 users online (175 members and 656 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Accused Molester Blames Sleepwalking

Give me a freaking break!

PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. -- A Paulding County man accused of sexual battery said he was walking in his sleep when the incident happened. And his lawyer said you donít have intent to commit a crime if youíre asleep.

Scott Axleburg is on trial in the Paulding County Courthouse for aggravated sexual battery. The defense has said that you cannot be guilty if you donít know what youíre doing.

"And when I woke up, Scott Axelburg had his hands down my pants," said the babysitter.

A then 16-year-old girl described a night three years ago when she was babysitting overnight so the defendant and his family could get an early start to his sonís baseball tournament and she would be there with his toddlers.

As she slept on the couch, she said Axelburg woke her up with his hand in her pants. She said that she jumped.

"He got up off his knees and he buttoned both buttons on his shorts and zipped up his pants and walked into his bedroom," said the girl.

When a detective questioned Axelburg on videotape, he denied anything happened at first.

"I didnít do that. I didnít do anything," said Axelburg.

He also said he had sleepwalked on occasion. His attorney talked about a time at a motel. (more at link)
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13368549/detail.html

Yeah right- sure

Now I have heard it all. Wow

What crappy exscuse will they come up with next?

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Oh, please.
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Eventually, Axelburg said he woke up and found himself touching the girl.....As she slept on the couch, she said Axelburg woke her up with his hand in her pants. She said that she jumped.

"He got up off his knees and he buttoned both buttons on his shorts and zipped up his pants and walked into his bedroom," said the girl.
    let me see if i got this right. a grown man is sleepwalking and wakes to find he is committing the sick crime of sexual assaulting a 16 year old so he goes back to bed with out a word to any1. whats wrong with you guys. totally credible...

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Give me a freaking break!

PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. -- A Paulding County man accused of sexual battery said he was walking in his sleep when the incident happened. And his lawyer said you donít have intent to commit a crime if youíre asleep.

Scott Axleburg is on trial in the Paulding County Courthouse for aggravated sexual battery. The defense has said that you cannot be guilty if you donít know what youíre doing.

"And when I woke up, Scott Axelburg had his hands down my pants," said the babysitter.

A then 16-year-old girl described a night three years ago when she was babysitting overnight so the defendant and his family could get an early start to his sonís baseball tournament and she would be there with his toddlers.

As she slept on the couch, she said Axelburg woke her up with his hand in her pants. She said that she jumped.

When a detective questioned Axelburg on videotape, he denied anything happened at first.

"I didnít do that. I didnít do anything," said Axelburg.

He also said he had sleepwalked on occasion. His attorney talked about a time at a motel. (more at link)
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13368549/detail.html
    "there is no intent to commit a crime if asleep" so if you guys don't see me AROUND for a few months just know I robbed the ATL federal bank, also Wells Fargo, so I am on vacation for awhile! Wish you were here!" Damn I sleep hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    "there is no intent to commit a crime if asleep" so if you guys don't see me AROUND for a few months just know I robbed the ATL federal bank, also Wells Fargo, so I am on vacation for awhile! Wish you were here!" Damn I sleep hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me with you, I sleep like a log, too. In fact, I think I *EAT* in my sleep, yeah, that must be it. I'm a big fat sleep eater, I'm convinced of it!

After watching Dateline it amazes me at the lame excuses sex offenders come up with. What's sad is sometimes people actually believe them.

Wonder how many times he's sleepwalked (sp) and ended up in his children's rooms?

Hey, I wonder if the credit card company would believe me if I said I had made all those charges while sleep walking?

Georgia Sleepwalker Found Guilty of Aggravated Sexual Battery

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,275397,00.html

ďOnce you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.Ē Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

This is right up there with "the dog ate my homework." Glad he was convicted.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

My husband is a sleepwalker. Usually I'll find him sitting somewhere nearby like the edge of the bed or the edge of the soaker-tub or the edge of one of kids beds and I coax him back to our bed, it's been a long standing joke that he's half sleepwalker and half sleepsitter. Ha ha.

Not so funny anymore, last week he woke up down the street , 3:00 AM!!!. He came home to find our front door wide open and one of our cats outside, he said he ran straight up the check on the kids and me and was totally FREAKED out. He had to travel this week and will have to block the door with a chair and other things. Not sure if he turned off the alarm or we hadn't set it. Poor guy, he said it was very frightening to wake up outside in the pitchblack.

Anyhoo, all the reading I've done says sleepwalkers are only a danger to themselves, just avoid being argumentative with them.

Anybody have any sleepwalker advice or stories? Sorry if this seems off topic. I'm just relaying what I know and the sex assault while sleepwalking is BS.

Jubie

guess this guy should hope his cell mate dont sleep walk....

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    guess this guy should hope his cell mate dont sleep walk....
    Ooh, good one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast