1233 users online (177 members and 1056 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KY - Pervert is allowed to keep custody of child

A friend of mine posted this today on another board. THIS IS STUPID! That judge needs to be thrown off the bench!
    -------

A judge (UNNAMED in the article, as are the names of the family members including the husband) ruled that a pervert, convicted as a SEX OFFENDER, was ALLOWED to keep FULL CUSTODY of his child over that of his ex-wife! This is as outrageous at it gets.

Link: http://www.wpsdtv.com/news/local/sto...d4ea40&rss=672

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    A friend of mine posted this today on another board. THIS IS STUPID! That judge needs to be thrown off the bench!
    -------

A judge (UNNAMED in the article, as are the names of the family members including the husband) ruled that a pervert, convicted as a SEX OFFENDER, was ALLOWED to keep FULL CUSTODY of his child over that of his ex-wife! This is as outrageous at it gets.

Link: http://www.wpsdtv.com/news/local/sto...d4ea40&rss=672

Does this judge have kids? Jesus, just what we need to protect out kids, judges like him. Unbelievable.

He re-married and lives with his son and new wife's three children in west Kentucky.
    wonder if any of those 3 kids are a 15 year old girl...

<snip from article linked above>
    "....In 2003 this mother divorced the father of her son. The pair had joint custody but both agreed he would be the primary parent....."

"....We are not revealing individual identities to protect the couple's 9 year old son....."

"....But the judge says he based his decision on statements from the ex-husbands probation officer,his counselor, The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services- all three said his conduct posed no danger to the child....."

Their WHOLE system is screwed up if all these people/agencies claim this pervert should retain custody....

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    <snip>
    Their WHOLE system is screwed up if all these people/agencies claim this pervert should retain custody....
    I agree, this is totally outrageous. I am mortified, but even more than the judges decision, to the low life new wife that brings her children into the home of a pervert. I know a lot of people don't like Dr. Laura, but I'd be with her all the way on this one! Needy women who care more about themselves than the welfare of their children make me ill.

I can't get over this. I would have never thought something like this could happen. This judge needs to let this guy care for his kids/grandkids if he thinks this guy is so fit. Even if he never physically does anything his attitudes and feelings about this sort of thing will be convayed to his son. Leading to the cycle of abuse.

I sent my daughter to Texas to visit her father. Upon her return, I found out he was convicted as a sexual offender prior to my sending her down there. No one told me.

Since then, I found out that it doesn't take much to be convicted of a sexual offense. Urinating outside a bar in a parkinglot, sleeping with a 17 year old girl who looks, acts 21, etc. What this man did by going to the websites looking for young girls is pretty distasteful - but it doesn't have anything in it to say he'd have an incestual relationship with a 9 year old boy. It's just not the same thing. His SON - a BOY. Way different than an oversexualized teen stranger girl, actively on the internet searching for older men. Worlds apart, in my opinion.

I'm inclined to wonder why Mom was not so concerned with custody of her son as to agree to let him have primary custody of him to begin with. Maybe she has some prescription addiction, or questionable habits of her own that the article didn't know about. Perhaps the court, the judge, the probation officer, the therapist DID know about it and we don't.

It's sad to think that a guy who would be looking for teens on the internet could be a better parent than the mother - but just scroll around awhile and see what some choices for Mothers are. It may be he's the best of the two.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    It may be he's the best of the two.
    Alas, you may be right.

And you are right that we can't just lump all "perversions" together (much less so-called "sex offenses") and pretend they are the same.

he tried to meet what he thought was a 15yr old for sex more than once. he did not think she was 18 or 21 or even 17. he went to a site for old pervs to pick up young girls. he agreed to meet a girl he thought was 15. he went to the location to meet for sex and was arrested. the fact he trolled for a 15year old online for sex does not mean he will have sex with his son. he does mean can not control his sexual urges. he can not see the line between adult and child. he should not have moral and legal rights over a child.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    he tried to meet what he thought was a 15yr old for sex more than once. he did not think she was 18 or 21 or even 17. he went to a site for old pervs to pick up young girls. he agreed to meet a girl he thought was 15. he went to the location to meet for sex and was arrested. the fact he trolled for a 15year old online for sex does not mean he will have sex with his son. he does mean can not control his sexual urges. he can not see the line between adult and child. he should not have moral and legal rights over a child.
    If he tried to meet her "more than once" he would be considered a child predator, which is a different classification. The way I read it, he was arrested the first time he went to meet someone he thought would be willing to sleep with him. Yes, 15. But... a girl. Not his child. Not forced.

It does make you wonder what was so wrong with the mother though, doesn't it?

If he tried to meet her "more than once" he would be considered a child predator, which is a different classification. The way I read it, he was arrested the first time he went to meet someone he thought would be willing to sleep with him. Yes, 15. But... a girl. Not his child. Not forced.

In a sworn statement from a Decatur Police Officer it says the ex-husband had been going to a web-site- "Girls Who Like Older Men."
    The police officer pretended to be a 15 year old girl and said, "Over the next few weeks he contacted me and each time he spoke to meeting and having sex."
    The ex-husband ended up in Decatur where he thought he was meeting the young girl- instead he was arrested by the under cover police officer.
    he spoke about meeting her several times. he only went to have sex with her one time. sorry if i was not clear on that point.
    The way I read it, he was arrested the first time he went to meet someone he thought would be willing to sleep with him. Yes, 15. But... a girl. Not his child. Not forced.
    many so dont force the kids. when his son is 15 will he then be in danger? for some so it is the age for some it is the sex of the child for some both and for some neither just the power they have over them. unless we say it is not a crime for a grown man to look for a child to have sex with or we say 15 is not still a child he is still a sex offender imo. that should deny him the right to parent.

I agree, Glitch. Judges have to make tough custody decisions everyday. I generally give them the benefit of the doubt - that they are concerned about the child and know all the relevant details concerning the parents.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

he spoke about meeting her several times. he only went to have sex with her one time. sorry if i was not clear on that point. many so dont force the kids. when his son is 15 will he then be in danger? for some so it is the age for some it is the sex of the child for some both and for some neither just the power they have over them. unless we say it is not a crime for a grown man to look for a child to have sex with or we say 15 is not still a child he is still a sex offender imo. that should deny him the right to parent.
    My ex husband is a convicted sex offender. He dated a 16 year old that he thought was older because she worked for him with a fake id. The parents didn't want them dating anymore and had him arrested. He's a sex offender. The girl was 16. I think he's a pig (but I thought so before, anyway!) HOWEVER, he has remarried and has three young stepsons who adore him. He's a wonderful father to them. I don't think there is any corrolation to his past offense and how he raises those boys. I don't let Donna go see him because the last time she went he wouldn't return her - but he isn't going to molest her just because she is a 15 year old girl. It's his DAUGHTER. There's a major difference in his eyes.

Maybe for some people there isn't a difference. But for some people there is. That's all I'm saying.

My ex husband is a convicted sex offender. He dated a 16 year old that he thought was older because she worked for him with a fake id. The parents didn't want them dating anymore and had him arrested. He's a sex offender. The girl was 16. I think he's a pig (but I thought so before, anyway!) HOWEVER, he has remarried and has three young stepsons who adore him. He's a wonderful father to them. I don't think there is any corrolation to his past offense and how he raises those boys. I don't let Donna go see him because the last time she went he wouldn't return her - but he isn't going to molest her just because she is a 15 year old girl. It's his DAUGHTER. There's a major difference in his eyes.

Maybe for some people there isn't a difference. But for some people there is. That's all I'm saying.
    huge difference in your case and this 1. your ex was not trolling for a kid. this man was looking at what he thought was a 15yr old and getting so turned on he went to meet her for sex. fake id vs i know she is 15. if this was a case of a 18 yr old who had sex with a 15 yr old girlfriend i would agree it does not affect him as a parent. i am speaking to the facts of this case. he thinks she is 15 and goes to meet her for sex after looking for a young girl.

huge difference in your case and this 1. your ex was not trolling for a kid. this man was looking at what he thought was a 15yr old and getting so turned on he went to meet her for sex. fake id vs i know she is 15. if this was a case of a 18 yr old who had sex with a 15 yr old girlfriend i would agree it does not affect him as a parent. i am speaking to the facts of this case. he thinks she is 15 and goes to meet her for sex after looking for a young girl.
    Sherri, I think we'll all agree his conduct was despicable. But it isn't clear that his despicable conduct predicts that he will molest his own children, particularly one of his own sex. (There are molesters who have no preference for gender, of course, but they tend to be drawn toward children who haven't reached puberty and acquired all the gender characteristics that go with sexual maturity. It isn't defending sex with a 15-year-old to point out that most teens that age are clearly of one sex or the other.)

And we don't know what the mother is like. Glitch is just saying she may be even worse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast