IN - Harpal Singh, 38, & Lisa Mora, 32, shot to death, Warsaw, 23 May 2007

Jolynna

Reaction score
http://www.goshennews.com/breakingnews/local_story_144084552.html

Sadly, Singh, of the victims, leaves behind a wife and two young children. Mora, the man LE is looking for, also had two young children.

My husband and I own the service station Singh was buying through a lease/purchase agreement.

We knew Singh as K.J. This is the first business K.J. owned. Prior to coming to Indiana K.J. drove a taxi in New York. He combined years of money saved from driving the taxi with money borrowed from relatives to make an initial down payment and was a very proud and hard working store owner.

While he owned the store, despite having no retail background, K.J. increased the profits of that business by 25%. He changed the store layout so that customers had to walk past tempting snacks to pay for their gas. He introduced new sandwiches to the deli. He planted flower beds. He was personally at the store from opening until close.

I liked him. He was personable and friendly and so proud to be a business owner and to be living here in the U.S. He just bought a new house. Just last weekend his family celebrated the birth of his sister's new baby girl.

He had a lot going for him. And a lot he was planning to do.

Mora, the man who shot K.J., was caught on video asking employees where K.J. was. Video also caught his vehicle, including the license plate, so there is no mystery over who did it.

It was definitely not a robbery. Before, he was shot in the back five times, K.J. threw a bank bag containing thousands of dollars to Mora.

Mora left the bag lying in the back parking lot.

And then drove to his home and shot his wife.

--jolynna

Mora still has not been found. I think Mora has a brother who is a policeman in a nearby town. If so, Mora's parents and some other siblings live in Mexico and I am thinking that would be where he would go.

Crazy! What in the world would his motive be????

Jolynna, this isn't too far from me. I am about the same distance from the border as Warsaw, but in Michigan.

Jolynna, this isn't too far from me. I am about the same distance from the border as Warsaw, but in Michigan.

Hi neighbor!

I think members of the same Singh family either are buying or are trying to buy convenience store/gas stations in Michigan. I will ask my husband.

Two Families Torn Apart in Fatal Shootings

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/7659447.html

Two people were shot and killed in Warsaw and police say the investigation shows that jealousy was the motive.

The first shooting took place just after 5 o-clock, at the Phillips 66 station on Center Street, just off U-S 30.

The Kosciusko County dispatch center received a call just 15-minutes later, of a shooting that took place in the 18-hundred block of Vicky Lane in Warsaw.

Now, two families now torn apart.

Doug Wise says now two families are paying the price for Omar Mora's actions.

He says, “ I never thought Omar was capable of this which makes this weird. He’s so laid back and so quiet.”

Police say Mora shot and killed his wife Lisa inside their Warsaw home. Now, his two young boys are without their mother.

Wise says, “This is just bad. Somebody had a meltdown today over something that's probably nothing. now, everybody's world is rocked.”

Mora's first stop was at Phillip's 66 on East Center Street. Police say he was looking for one of the gas station owner's who he believed his wife was dating.

Now, two more little boys are without a parent. Their father, 38 year-old Harpal Singh known as KJ in the community. KJ’s brother Kulgit Singh is devastated as he prepares to break the news to his nephews.

One of KJ's employees, Marinder Murtani, was working when Mora walked in. It all happened within seconds. Another worker saw it all.

Murtani says, “He said call the cops, call the cops.”

But, it was too late. Multiple shots were fired out behind the gas station. T
hen, Mora took off and fired more shots at his wife at their house.

Murtani and all of these customers who come here to see KJ often say Mora couldn't have taken the life of a better man.

Murtani says, “KJ was a good guy. He knew everyone in Warsaw. Everyone respected him.”

Wise has the same regards for Lisa Mora. he says, “Something bad happened today an he just went off the deep end.”

Jolynna,
I am originally from Warsaw and now live in Florida.
Let me say that Lisa comes from a great family. I know her sister, and my husband at one time worked with her father.
My understanding is that there is a history her of domestic violence.
We have just seen it here at it's worst!!!!!!
My understanding is that Omar was an extremely jealous and controlling person. I also have been told that most did not know this about him. Lisa was good at covering for him. I have also been told that Lisa was not invovled in a romantic relationship with Singh that this was something that Omar created in his own mind. I do know that Lisa had given this marriage all she could and was ready to get out. As you know Warsaw is a small tight knit community. People are absolutely devastated. Pray for the Bowdler family and all four children who have been left without a parent.

Also thought that I would post that this man shot his wife in front of his two young children!!!!!

Hi Sleuth,

Singh's brother-in-law told my husband that Lisa and KJ were not having an affair. The family is extremely upset that the media is saying they were.

Store employees said that Mora had threatened KJ last week.

I didn't know that Lisa had been shot in front of her children.

Both families and especially the four children are in my prayers.

Jolynna - I also do not believe that an affair was going on from all of the information posted. You have a jealous, controlling husband who is looking for any reason other than himself as to why his marriage is breaking down. What a friggin' loser. No, he couldn't just take his own life. He is way too selfish for that. He has to ruin two families. To shoot his wife in front of his children shows you just what kind of guy this Omar is. I hope to hell they gun him down when they find him. I'm not sure if he will take his own life because he sounds like a real coward.

I feel really sorry for Singh and Lisa and their families. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Hi Sleuth,

Singh's brother-in-law told my husband that Lisa and KJ were not having an affair. The family is extremely upset that the media is saying they were.

Store employees said that Mora had threatened KJ last week.

I didn't know that Lisa had been shot in front of her children.

Both families and especially the four children are in my prayers.

Joly,

That is what I was told also that they were NOT having an affair.

I was also told about a confrontation last week that happened after Lisa and Omar bought 29.00 worth of gas from KJ. Lisa was apparently friendly to KJ and Omar beat her when they got home.

My understanding was that both children were in the room when Lisa was shot 3x's. Her mother walked in right after it happened. Her mom ran across the street and called 911. She and the neighbor then went in and got the children and took them to another neighbors house.

I was just told about 5 minutes ago that they believe that he also intended to kill the children. He has not been found and the children are in protective custody.

So very very sad!!!!

Thank heavens, Lisa's children are ok.

I am sick about this.

Unfortunately, I think KJ's being good looking and a friendly person may have been what triggered the jealousy.

I find it ironic that KJ was killed in Warsaw, IN, after years of driving cabs in the worst parts of New York. KJ moved here with the dream of owning his own business and raising his kids in a small town where his family would be safe.

I think LE got the information that KJ and Lisa were involved from what they were told by an employee who does not speak or understand English very well.

I think that employee did not understand the meaning of what he told the police and that LE also read more into his words than what he meant.

But, now it is in all of the newspapers.

Joly,
Thank goodness her children were not harmed. I don't know the exact details as to how they got them out of the house but, people are saying that they can't believe that they were able to do it.
I think that anyone who knows Lisa or KJ will know that those rumors are not true about them having an affair.
It is ironic that KJ was killed in Warsaw Indiana after living in NYC.
We actually lived in a small town about 20 min from Warsaw.
Alot of our friends live in Warsaw and our children went to school there.
I absolutely love Northern Indiana and we still spend our summers there. It is a great place to raise children, there is something very wholesome about it.
This is just a tragedy. Not just for these two families but the community as well. Innocence lost I guess you could say.
I can tell you that Lisa's children will be loved and cared for by some of the most wonderful people that I know. I pray that because of the people who will ralley around them they will grow up to be wonderful loving adults who will be able to move past this. These are people that I would go to in a time of crisis.

What a sad and tragic story. I spend alot of summer time down in Warsaw, really beautiful area. One of those places you never hear anything bad about. I hope this man is caught and her children are safe.

Hi neighbor!

I think members of the same Singh family either are buying or are trying to buy convenience store/gas stations in Michigan. I will ask my husband.

A Singh family (very nice people) used to own the one by my lake but they sold it and moved on to bigger stores in Kalamazoo. I understand Singh is a pretty common name. After 9-11 they put a sign on their door saying they were shieks, not muslims.

A Singh family (very nice people) used to own the one by my lake but they sold it and moved on to bigger stores in Kalamazoo. I understand Singh is a pretty common name. After 9-11 they put a sign on their door saying they were shieks, not muslims.

My husband said the Singh's related to the man who was killed just bought a convenience store in Benton Harbor.

Singh does seem to be a very common Indian name.

K.J. was Sikh also.

Sounds like the murderer is still at large.
"Two people are dead and a Warsaw man remains at large following separate shooting incidents Wednesday evening in Warsaw."
Link: http://www.timesuniononline.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=224&ArticleID=26310

His brother is not the policeman from Goshen.

However, there is a policeman in Goshen whose last name is Mora. He is friends with relatives of my sister-in-law. The night of the murders, he called my sister-in-law and was questioning her to find out what she knew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back