994 users online (210 members and 784 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    03-27-2006, 08:40 AM
    Shadow205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadow205
    A possible Jane Doe at doenetwork

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/324ufca.html

The girl was found in 1979. The estimated age could be right.
    If you clink on the link http://www.western-project.com/svenson/sve_img.html it will bring up this picture. I can see some likeness with Rose.

This is amazing what this man Arne Svenson
    has done with these recontructions.
    <snip> from the article

Svenson: "I wanted them to be looking at us as if they're saying, 'Find me,' and also as if they're looking at their killer."
    I submitted the possible match for this person. Received an email that said she has been identified. It is not Rose. The lady that contacted me said the website needs to be updated. She didn't give me the identity of the woman.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    I don't remember this UID ever being discussed. The first link is the Doe network drawings of her, and the 2nd link is the LV coroners morgue UID picture. Since we never really know how tall Rose grew, (and without proper nutrition is probably not as tall as she might have grown with a stable healthy diet)and eye color is hard to distinguish between brown/green/hazel after death, you never know.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/58ufnv.html

Warning, not for the squeamish
    http://www.co.clark.nv.us/coroner/un...dv_79-0968.htm

IW, your Doe had dentures. Did Rose have dentures?

I have looked at this girl before simply because having a full set of dentures at such a young age should make her easy to ID. Never had seen the morgue photo.

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV View Post
    IW, your Doe had dentures. Did Rose have dentures?

I have looked at this girl before simply because having a full set of dentures at such a young age should make her easy to ID. Never had seen the morgue photo.

Thanks for the link.
    No Rose didn't have dentures when she left, (but then again not many 17-21 year olds do either). Little or no money, and living on the streets can change a lot of physical aspect's of a person. I could see how Roses dental health could have declined quickly. I can see all sorts of plausible explanations such as a free clinic, or a Dentist "Client". Also there are tons of periodontal diseases. I wonder if gum disease ran in her family.

You know, after really studying the doe network sketches, and looking at the actual morgue picture, it's no wonder this girl has never been identified. The pictures look nothing like the victim. Even the ears which are clearly visible in the morgue pic are completely different than in the sketches.

After rotating and enlarging the morgue pic and putting it side by side with all of Roses pictures, I keep thinking I'm seeing similar mole and freckle patterns. If you look at a close up of the side view of Rose with her Brothers and the morgue picture, there is a skin bump in the exact same location. (among other stuff I think I'm seeing) I'll write to the LV NV coroners office tonight and have them take a look. I'll let you all know if i hear anything.
    Last edited by iNTERESTEDWOMAN; 08-06-2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: I typed NY instead of NV for Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    You know, after really studying the doe network sketches, and looking at the actual morgue picture, it's no wonder this girl has never been identified. The pictures look nothing like the victim. Even the ears which are clearly visible in the morgue pic are completely different than in the sketches.

After rotating and enlarging the morgue pic and putting it side by side with all of Roses pictures, I keep thinking I'm seeing similar mole and freckle patterns. If you look at a close up of the side view of Rose with her Brothers and the morgue picture, there is a skin bump in the exact same location. (among other stuff I think I'm seeing) I'll write to the LV NY coroners office tonight and have them take a look. I'll let you all know if i hear anything.

I agree with this completely.

As gruesome as they can be, I prefer to look at an actual morgue photo whenever possible.

I agree with this completely.

As gruesome as they can be, I prefer to look at an actual morgue photo whenever possible.
    This is scary for me to say, but I am almost 95.999% positive that the above UID is Rose, (I'd bet the farm, but I really live on a farm, and I'd hate to lose it ) I wrote the NV coroners office last night, and spent several hours today enhancing, cropping and filtering the UID pic and Rose's side view pic. (The one with her brothers and showing the same side of her face as the LVNV UID.) I hope I'm wrong, because this UID was brutally murdered, I'd hate to think of Rose ending up like this.

I remember reading about a ring that Rose wore, any family remember what it looked like?

This is scary for me to say, but I am almost 95.999% positive that the above UID is Rose, (I'd bet the farm, but I really live on a farm, and I'd hate to lose it ) I wrote the NV coroners office last night, and spent several hours today enhancing, cropping and filtering the UID pic and Rose's side view pic. (The one with her brothers and showing the same side of her face as the LVNV UID.) I hope I'm wrong, because this UID was brutally murdered, I'd hate to think of Rose ending up like this.

I remember reading about a ring that Rose wore, any family remember what it looked like?
    I am so confused, imagine that! Which doe are you refering to, can you post pics here and links? Thanks!

WOOT! It's so nice to see people interested in Rose and her case...she is loved by so many and doesn't even know it!

I don't remember this UID ever being discussed. The first link is the Doe network drawings of her, and the 2nd link is the LV coroners morgue UID picture. Since we never really know how tall Rose grew, (and without proper nutrition is probably not as tall as she might have grown with a stable healthy diet)and eye color is hard to distinguish between brown/green/hazel after death, you never know.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/58ufnv.html

Warning, not for the squeamish
    http://www.co.clark.nv.us/coroner/un...dv_79-0968.htm

Christine - it's the one IW spotted and posted in this post.

Second link is a morgue photo, it's not that bad, but it is what it is.

I've looked a little harder at her too and think that it is possible.

PS Sorry for answering for you IW.

anyway you can post a side by side pic of the rotated morgue pic and one of Rose? THANKS

Christine - it's the one IW spotted and posted in this post.

Second link is a morgue photo, it's not that bad, but it is what it is.

I've looked a little harder at her too and think that it is possible.

PS Sorry for answering for you IW.
    No problem Lisa, and thanks. I've checked my e-mail 20 times in the last few days to see if the cold case coroners office would write back. I assume they are heavily back logged, and if they did think the 2 where a match, they would contact the family and not me. Hopefully if the family hears anything they will post asap.

This Doe has brown eyes, Rose had Green, olive eyes. But, it could be a misprint/mistake, I have see that a thousand times!

I wonder if this NV Doe has DNA in CODIS, if so, it should have hit when Rose's was entered. Jesse’s DNA sample was profiled and added to CODIS 10/06. The way the CODIS database works, we will only be contacted by the DNA laboratory if there is a potential match to Rose found in the system.
    Each time a new DNA profile is added to the database, the computer will automatically compare it to Jesse’s profile, so the search for Rose in the DNA database will never end unless she is found.

I agree that the morgue photo looks like Rose. So much of Rose's story troubles me and keeps me awake at night. Being sent to Synanon was so unfair. She was truly a lost soul.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    This Doe has brown eyes, Rose had Green, olive eyes. But, it could be a misprint/mistake, I have see that a thousand times!

I wonder if this NV Doe has DNA in CODIS, if so, it should have hit when Rose's was entered. Jesse’s DNA sample was profiled and added to CODIS 10/06. The way the CODIS database works, we will only be contacted by the DNA laboratory if there is a potential match to Rose found in the system.
    Each time a new DNA profile is added to the database, the computer will automatically compare it to Jesse’s profile, so the search for Rose in the DNA database will never end unless she is found.
    I know what you mean about the eyes. Remember "DOA cop", aka Mr. Harris who posted here for a while? I think he was the one who originally helped Isabella with getting Rose listed, anyway here is a quote from him on eye color on 4-6-06

doa cop said:
    Eye color is difficult - as there are factors that can effect what you see at a post-mortem examination; decomposition, excessive heat, fire, dependant lividity can really make it difficult as well because the eye becomes so conjested and tardeau spots start to appear.

My eyes are very hazel, way more green than brown, and are listed as brown on my drivers licence. Looking at Roses pictures I would see how someone would call them brown as for a lack of a better description, especially post mortem.

I don't know if LV NV Jane Doe has DNA...did they even take samples in 1979? They do have finger prints, but dentals are out. First off Roses have been mixed up/and or lost and LV Jane Doe had dentures.

If Rose was put in the court system, her finger prints are probably somewhere, but since she was a minor when she was originally processed I would suspect they where never entered into any national data base for criminals. This will be a tricky one to rule out if no DNA was taken from the UID. Usually they tell you if DNA is avalible, but this one didn't on either of the web sites.

I stand to be corrected...the Doe Network said DNA WAS available. I wonder how we can tell if it was entered into CODIS? Who do we ask?

ETA: I just wrote again to the LV Coroner and asked they please let me know if this UID has been entered. Hope it pans out.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast