934 users online (119 members and 815 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 108
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    I stand to be corrected...the Doe Network said DNA WAS avalible. I wonder how we can tell if it was entered into CODIS? Who do we ask?
    Great! Ummm, the investigating agency for the Doe? Or email the doe network and inquire?

  2. #32
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    Good Golly...is every body on vacation or what?? I just called the LV coroners office...Answering machine. Called the Missing Children's clearing house that the UID is also listed on...all on vacation. It'll be some time to find out if DNA has been entered in CODIS I'll keep trying.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    Good Golly...is every body on vacation or what?? I just called the LV coroners office...Answering machine. Called the Missing Children's clearing house that the UID is also listed on...all on vacation. It'll be some time to find out if DNA has been entered in CODIS I'll keep trying.
    LOL! CustomerNOservice!

    How about the FBI? That's who is in charge of CODIS
    http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/codis/index1.htm

  4. #34
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    LOL! CustomerNOservice!

    How about the FBI? That's who is in charge of CODIS
    http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/codis/index1.htm
    Well I did speak to a REAL person at the FBI CODIS number. (In the Brochure section of the site) She was very nice, but said I had to speak to someone on the local level to see if the UID has been entered into national database. She also said that since I was not a family member of either Rose or the UID they might not tell me either way. LOL ...If I was a family member of the UID, she wouldn't be a UID would she?

  5. #35
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    Okay, so this morning I wrote Doe network, called the non-emergency LV police Dept. number and the coroners again. FINALLY, I talked with a man at the coroners office after a lady at the police dept transferred me to a real person. He will call back TODAY with info on the LV UID to let me know if she has been entered. From what he says, I get the impression she has not been.



    12:45PM Central

    ETA: A detective called back, and she has no idea why the doe network says DNA is available. According to their records, DNA is never mentioned. She's going to talk to the head cold case detective, and have him call me back, and possibly contact Flint LE for Roses prints. I'd really like to have him contact Isabella or Brenda.
    Last edited by iNTERESTEDWOMAN; 08-13-2007 at 02:07 PM. Reason: to update

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    Okay, so this morning I wrote Doe network, called the non-emergency LV police Dept. number and the coroners again. FINALLY, I talked with a man at the coroners office after a lady at the police dept transferred me to a real person. He will call back TODAY with info on the LV UID to let me know if she has been entered. From what he says, I get the impression she has not been.



    12:45PM Central

    ETA: A detective called back, and she has no idea why the doe network says DNA is available. According to their records, DNA is never mentioned. She's going to talk to the head cold case detective, and have him call me back, and possibly contact Flint LE for Roses prints. I'd really like to have him contact Isabella or Brenda.

    I will email Isabella and have her check in here to see what has been going on.

    I will ask her to PM you iNTERESTED. Thanks!

  7. #37
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    I will email Isabella and have her check in here to see what has been going on.

    I will ask her to PM you iNTERESTED. Thanks!
    No problem. The detective had asked specific questions I could not answer. The UID must have a few old skin markers that are not listed for identification purposes. If Rose had a scar, or a mole, birthmark etc. somewhere, they could rule her in or out without going through the entire process, from what I understand. The ring that was mentioned by Brenda at one point could also help, if anyone knew what it looked like.

    THe teeth are also a factor, if Rose's family has a history of periodontal disease, that could answer maybe the denture factor. Also, I was thinking about Rose's letter where she said a trucker messed her up when she was hitching a ride. She could have had some knocked out over the years and then found a clinic that helped her to get dentures. I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

  8. #38
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    A detective is going to run the LV UID fingerprints with prints of those of CA Juvenile prints. If Rose got picked up for any crime in CA and printed when she was still a minor, they should still be in separate CA juvy files. (Of course she would have probably given a fake name, but there could possibly be a picture.) He said the UID prints have been run through local and FBI criminal files with no match. His next step if no match will be to contact Flint, MI LE to see if her prints where taken when she was sentenced to the Synanon.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    A detective is going to run the LV UID fingerprints with prints of those of CA Juvenile prints. If Rose got picked up for any crime in CA and printed when she was still a minor, they should still be in separate CA juvy files. (Of course she would have probably given a fake name, but there could possibly be a picture.) He said the UID prints have been run through local and FBI criminal files with no match. His next step if no match will be to contact Flint, MI LE to see if her prints where taken when she was sentenced to the Synanon.
    Fantastic, excellent work IW!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,522

    A reporter contacted me about Rose!!

    Hi All,

    I submitted a possible match for Rose to the Flint MI PD. I haven't heard anything from LE, but a reporter contacted me about it. (I wonder how the reporter found out I contacted the police).

    I left a VM and replied to his email. I will post here when I speaka to him. If anyone can get in touch with Yannette, please have her contact me ASAP!!

    Here is the email I received today:

    Hello --

    I'm a reporter for the Flint Journal in Flint, Mi. I'm trying to reach
    K---- W-------, who recently contacted police about Rose Leanna Cole.

    If I've reached the right address, would you please call me at (810)
    766-6313? I'd like to pursue this as a possible news story.

    Thanks, Ken P.


    The Flint Journal, www.flintjournal.com
    In Touch, In Depth, Involved
    200 E. First St. Flint Mi 48502-1925



  11. #41
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by itsreenw View Post
    Hi All,

    I submitted a possible match for Rose to the Flint MI PD. I haven't heard anything from LE, but a reporter contacted me about it. (I wonder how the reporter found out I contacted the police)....
    Hello --

    I'm a reporter for the Flint Journal in Flint, Mi. I'm trying to reach
    K---- W-------, who recently contacted police about Rose Leanna Cole.

    If I've reached the right address, would you please call me at (810)
    766-6313? I'd like to pursue this as a possible news story.

    Thanks, Ken P....
    Oh how cool! I hope they contact you ASAP, the family must be really busy, or have given up hope, a local story could really lift their spirits as well as stir up some memories for some Flint old timers. Hopefully it all works out. As far as the News guy, that's weird...did you give LE your address & phone number?, maybe your UID turned out to be Rose, and there was a leak to the media... I sent a generic e-mail (no personal info)to the VA LE for a possible match for a different spot light case on Wednesday, and imagine my surprise when the FBI called me on Friday regarding the VA Doe...they knew more about me than I do...LOL (Big Brother is watching you ...LOL)

    Anyway, the tough thing about these older cases is unless the family stays involved and is willing to urge LE to exhume a body and retrieve DNA, they'll never get solved. Even if they turn out to not be matches, at least the DNA will get put into CODIS and possibly be solved for another family.

    What UID did you submit? It would be nice if we could start a sticky no discussion thread dedicated to confirmed rule outs only. (are there any?)Anyway...good luck, keep us informed as you can.

  12. #42
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    I just realized I posted this by accident to the wrong forum. Sorry for the repeat.

    Off Topic: Most of you probably already know this but I found it interesting. This is just FYI, for anyone who would like to know how old UIDs actually end up in CODIS. This cold case detective was very helpful and a really nice guy. I'll paraphrase his comments, as I was taking notes as quickly as I could.

    Quote:
    "We have hundreds of UIDs in our system from the 60's, 70's and the early 80's that have not been entered into the CODIS network, simply because DNA didn't exist to us in that time frame. If the Doe Network or other UID web sites says DNA is available, it usually means that the body was buried and not cremated, in which it can be exhumed to harvest DNA. With time constraints and budget issues we only exhume a body after a preliminary investigation with the family of a missing person and we (LE & family) feels it warranted."
    He went on to say that after the a body is exhumed, and if it's not a match with the intended missing, then the DNA goes into CODIS, and they try to get various sites updated relaying the information.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,522

    I spoke to the reporter

    I spoke with the reporter this evening. A while back I contacted the Michigan State Police and asked that Rose be added to their missing persons database. I initially spoke with Lt. Stephen Sipes who referred me to Sgt Greg Hosmer.

    Sgt Hosmer contacted the reporter, Ken Palmer, and told him he heard from me about a case that he thought might make a good story.

    Since I didn't find Rose, I gave him HoT's hat and the link to WS and some other links with info about Rose.

    He went to the Genesee County court to confirm that Rose was sent to Synanon by the court. He was in disbelief that the courts would send a juvenile cross country to attend a treatment program. Of course he was told there are no records for the case.

    I hope Yannette reads this or someone is able to get in contact with her. We finally have some media attention. We can't afford to let it slip away. I gave him the link to the letters. Those will definitely touch his heart.

    He is going to read about the case and contact me when he is ready to print an article. If anyone has any info they think he should have that has not already been posted, please PM or email me so I can forward it to him

  14. #44
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    I'm still waiting from a call back from the LV detective. He said he'd get back with me the end of this week and so far nothing. I have also sent a couple letters to the Baltimore MD LE for the following Jane Doe.

    http://doenetwork.org/cases/279ufmd.html

    She looks close enough, hair color same...postmortem eye color "brown". Tall & same age group. She was found in 1976 in Maryland and she has a tattoo of the initials J. P. on her arm. (Maybe for Jesse/Pose?)

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,522
    According to Yannette Rose didnt have any cavities. This person had dental work

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Possible Matches for Anna - #1
    By Dr. Doogie in forum Anna Christian Waters Discussion Threads
    Replies: 528
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 12:52 PM
  2. Possible Matches - Post Possible Matches Here
    By Earthbound Misfit I in forum Princess Blue
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 09:33 PM
  3. Possible Matches
    By christine2448 in forum Tawni Lee Mazzone (formerly Maricopa Jane Doe)
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 06:38 AM

Tags for this Thread