1009 users online (214 members and 795 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsreenw View Post
    According to Yannette Rose didnt have any cavities. This person had dental work
    Both UID's I've been checking out have had extensive dental work. While it appears that Rose did not have any dental work done when she left in 1972, these girls where not found until 1976 & 79. As far as Rose's dental records, this is all we really know for sure:

Posted by Isabela PR on 11-19-06 # 138
    She visited the Moss Dental Clinic in Flint MI. I obtained dental records to be compared with Jane Doe in CA. These were not a match. However, her stepmother (Opal) and step sisters (Brenda & Norma) are certain that the dental records were switch at one point. They think the records I obtained are Norma’s since Rose had no dental work done. The dental work show in the records matches Norma’s dental work.
    Do you by chance know when the last time she had x-rays and an exam? I'm thinking she might not have been to the dentist for several years before she was sent away. My niece (14yr) goes to the dentist every 6 months. She has never had a cavity until her last visit and she had 4. IMHO until Roses dental Charts can be located and positively identified to be hers, Dental records are not a reliable method to ID Rose.

It is also my understanding that there was a medical and dental ward at the synanon. She could have been extensively treated there upon her arrival. I was just reading a study the other day about long term residents of the synanon having less cavities than the general public because refined sugar was not allowed. (from 1978 up) It appears that good oral hygiene was important there at least for awhile.
    http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...?artid=1651087

The waiting is killing me!
    Has anyone heard anything? I left messages at both LE agencies I have been in contact with, but no calls have been returned...

Any news from itsreenw? Any updates on the Media coverage, or your UID?

I am right there with you...just got an email yesterday from the person helping on my end with trying to pull the story together for the national side and she is BACK in the hospital, please keep her in your prayers.

I emailed Isbella a couple of times and no response. I think her computer may be down again.

I recently reformatted my desktop and backed everything up to disk, that is where her phone # is, I will have to try and find the time to go through the cds this weekend and find her #..I think Shadow may have it too...I'll call her before I go crazy looking.

There are so many cases that we are just waiting on...then things heat up we get excited, then wait wait wait again. It can be so frustrating!!!!

Rose Cole and 584UFCA

Unidentified White Female
    • The victim was discovered on September 5, 1973 in La Habra Heights, Los Angeles County, California
    • Estimated Date of Death: 30 to 90 days prior
    • Cause of death: Gunshot wound to head.

Vital Statistics
    • Estimated age: 14-19 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 100 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length, light brown hair. Pierced ears. Her fingernails were painted orange.
    • Dentals: Available
    • Clothing/Jewelry: Green turtle neck, long sleeve sweater, size large; blue/pink & yellow halter top; light blue corduroy, medium size, pants with initials "S J" on the right rear pocket; blue tennis shoes with white bottoms, size 6M. Victim had pierced ears and was wearing gold metal earrings with peace symbol and a blue stone.
    • Fingerprints: Not obtained

Case History
    The victim was located lying in an open grave 12" deep, 69 " long and 27" wide in a hilly area, near a fire road, East of Skyline Drive.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    LASD Homicide/Cold Case Unit
    Richard Kennerly
    323-890-5500

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
    Coroners # 73-14553
    NCIC Number:
    N/A

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
    LASD Homicide/Cold Case Unit

Rose Lena Cole
    Missing since the July 1, 1973 from Oakland, Alameda County, California
    Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: December 23, 1956
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"-5'6"; 120 -130 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White Female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
    • Dentals: Not Available
    • DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Cole was last seen in Oakland, California in the summer of 1973.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Oakland Police Department
    510-777-3333
    or
    510-238-3641

Agency Case Number:
    07-017109

NCMEC #:
    NCMC706857

NCIC Number:
    M-026674029

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
    National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
    CA DOJ

http://doenetwork.org/cases/584ufca.html
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2368dfca.html

Height is a bit off but the hair color matches. The victim probably weighed more previously because at 100 pounds, she was actually underweight

Wonder if we could find out what size shoes Rose wore. My daughter wears a 6 and she's only 8! I pretty much wear the same size now that I did as a teenager, and it sure wasn't a 6!!!
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

Is this recently added Doe too tall to be Rose?

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase797.html

Quote Originally Posted by rmf View Post
    Is this recently added Doe too tall to be Rose?

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase797.html

It sure could be Rose. Problem is if no DNA is available chances are she was cremated, so we might never know. I'm so fed up with LE and all these Jane Does. I just want to cry or scream...or both. They put them out there to see, read about and to sleuth, but Lord forbid you call them and suggest a match. Then you get the same old song and dance about how back logged they are. They never follow up, they don't return your calls, they treat you like you're a suspect.... It's just a wasted cause. Unless it's a little podunk one horse town, with one UID a century, they simply don't give a rats hind end.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to go histerical. It's just SSSOOOO frustrating.

i wish a they had released a composite of rose with long gray hair. that's probably how she most likely would look if she ended up homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by reb View Post
    i wish a they had released a composite of rose with long gray hair. that's probably how she most likely would look if she ended up homeless.
    Send SieSie a PM! I bet she can do it!

First off, I wrote to this lady today, but have not received a reply yet. I've Googled Rose Cole a hundred times and never remember seeing this site. According to the 3rd link, (a poem this Rose wrote when she was 15), she is 2 years younger than "Our Rose" . But the poem depicts what Our Rose may have been going through at that time. The last link is a paper she wrote when she was 13, and also quite interesting.

Her picture in the first link resembles the age enhanced pic of Rose, except the eyes don't quit look the same. According to this site, she never finished high school, but did later get her GED and is now attending college. She lives in Canada. From what I can gather, she is not married, but has a male partner. She has a set of twins, (Girl/Boy). The girl has an uncanny resemblance to Rose, IMO. I ask that not every one contacts her, as I have already. I don't want to scare her off, but I do value others oppenion. Let me know what you think.

http://rosecole.ca/index.html
    http://rosecole.ca/gallery/index.shtml
    http://rosecole.ca/odds_n_ends/time.shtml
    http://rosecole.ca/odds_n_ends/liberation.shtml

Well, I guess I must be entertaining myself. Received a nice response from the other Rose Cole:

Dear Lori,
    No, I'm sorry that person is not me. I was born in Canada in 1960 and my middle name is Mary. I have seen information about this missing person, I wish you luck in your efforts to find her.
    Regards,
    Rose Cole

I guess the good news is she has seen info on Rose, so the word is getting around!

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    Well, I guess I must be entertaining myself. Received a nice response from the other Rose Cole:

Dear Lori,
    No, I'm sorry that person is not me. I was born in Canada in 1960 and my middle name is Mary. I have seen information about this missing person, I wish you luck in your efforts to find her.
    Regards,
    Rose Cole

I guess the good news is she has seen info on Rose, so the word is getting around!
    Good for you on contacting her!

This Jane Doe has been mentioned as a match before, surely, but I didn't see her on here (I may have missed it though):

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/209uftn.html

She looks an awful lot like Rose. Height and hair color are a match. She was likely homeless/transient.

I have read every post in this case. I could feel everyone's highs and lows throughout these many, many days all of you were looking so hard for Rose. I would so love to find that she really is still alive somewhere out there living a wonderful life.
    I started reading yesterday and finished today. I am in awe of the work that has been put into finding Rose.
    I appreciate having been able to read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I have read every post in this case. I could feel everyone's highs and lows throughout these many, many days all of you were looking so hard for Rose. I would so love to find that she really is still alive somewhere out there living a wonderful life.
    I started reading yesterday and finished today. I am in awe of the work that has been put into finding Rose.
    I appreciate having been able to read this thread.
    Poor Rose, I feel bad we all abandoned her. When her family quit posting, I think many people just gave up. I think of Rose a lot, and think her and Pose have reunited and started a new life without all the baggage.

I have this happy little daydream that Pose and Rose live in the same neighborhood and have each others families over for backyard BBQ's every weekend. They drink a few beers, the kids and the grand kids stop by to visit and play, and they eat Ribs and chicken and play cards til late...and thank the Lord they found peace...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast