1060 users online (218 members and 842 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What should we name GA's new NPO for the Missing and Unidentified

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • GAMU- Georgia Advocates for the Missing and Unidentified

    47 47.00%
  • MGOM-Missing Georgians On My Mind

    6 6.00%
  • CSI GA- Case Support and Information GA

    4 4.00%
  • MAP GA - Mising Advocacy Project GA

    7 7.00%
  • GA LAMP - Located And Missing Persons information and Support

    33 33.00%
  • GUM - Georgia Unidentified and Missing

    5 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387

    Please vote-Non Profit GA Missing and UID Organization, Need Name.

    Please vote for the NPO being started in honor of Tybee, Joyce, of WS in GA.


    Here are the suggested names...sincere thanks to each of you, for your support. It's been overwhelming the last 48 hours my email, myspace, phone, Pm's have gone off the hook!!!!!!!!!




    Thread to discussion about starting NPO in GA
    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49685

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,749
    Aw, shucks, I'm too late:
    http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=63

    Good luck and may the best name win.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,206
    I voted for GAMU- Georgia Advocates for the missing and unidentified. To me that sounds very professional.

  4. #4
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    Please vote for the NPO being started in honor of Tybee, Joyce, of WS in GA.


    Here are the suggested names...sincere thanks to each of you, for your support. It's been overwhelming the last 48 hours my email, myspace, phone, Pm's have gone off the hook!!!!!!!!!




    Thread to discussion about starting NPO in GA
    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49685
    I like the first name on the poll. It wouldn't let me vote so guess I'm too late. : )

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    I like the first name on the poll. It wouldn't let me vote so guess I'm too late. : )
    You are NOT late...it's open for 2 days...if you have trouble casting, tell it here, I will count it!!!!

    I don't know why, maybe that's what Kelly meant..TRY AGAIN.

    I just opened poll about 1 hour ago, and put it up for 2 days....Mods??

  6. #6
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Ok, now it let me vote..lol. I don't know why I was disallowed the first time.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by WindChime View Post
    I voted for GAMU- Georgia Advocates for the missing and unidentified. To me that sounds very professional.
    I agree. I voted for that one also, Christine.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,647
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    You are NOT late...it's open for 2 days...if you have trouble casting, tell it here, I will count it!!!!

    I don't know why, maybe that's what Kelly meant..TRY AGAIN.

    I just opened poll about 1 hour ago, and put it up for 2 days....Mods??
    Hi CHristine, thanks for messaging me, otherwise I might have missed your poll. I've had some computer problems and haven't been around very much.

    I voted for GUM, - Georgia Unidentified and Missing. I think GUM is easy to remember, and catchy, as in 'gum' a word familiar to all of us.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    You are NOT late...it's open for 2 days...if you have trouble casting, tell it here, I will count it!!!!

    I don't know why, maybe that's what Kelly meant..TRY AGAIN.

    I just opened poll about 1 hour ago, and put it up for 2 days....Mods??
    I meant too late to get my suggestion in the running.

    Of the other ones, I like LAMP because it makes me think of lighting the way in the darkness which can seem like the reality here sometimes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    602
    The only problem with the first one is that it sounds like it is only advocates from Georgia involved - obviously there are sleuthers from all over everywhere here at WS!


  11. #11
    poco's Avatar
    poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Flora-frickin-duh
    Posts
    38,905
    Quote Originally Posted by WindChime View Post
    I voted for GAMU- Georgia Advocates for the missing and unidentified. To me that sounds very professional.

    Haven't voted yet - still trying to figure out if this is National or just Georgia. If you are going to go National it should be name that can go with all STATES. As for GAMU, sounds like a University to me, lol - I graduated from GAMU.....

    I guess I'm going to vote for LAMP because it can go with any state.....

    So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    Haven't voted yet - still trying to figure out if this is National or just Georgia. If you are going to go National it should be name that can go with all STATES. As for GAMU, sounds like a University to me, lol - I graduated from GAMU.....

    I guess I'm going to vote for LAMP because it can go with any state.....
    Hiya Poco I am starting this org. in GA, for GA...my hopes is that others do the same...I think GAMU can go with any State (that's kinda why I wanted to add another A GA AMU, It could be for any state WA AMU, TX AMU yada yada). BTW, what r you doing up so early??? LOL, and the cat is drinking beer already this morning?????

  13. #13
    poco's Avatar
    poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Flora-frickin-duh
    Posts
    38,905
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    Hiya Poco I am starting this org. in GA, for GA...my hopes is that others do the same...I think GAMU can go with any State (that's kinda why I wanted to add another A GA AMU, It could be for any state WA AMU, TX AMU yada yada). BTW, what r you doing up so early??? LOL, and the cat is drinking beer already this morning?????
    I'm an early bird - up by 5 at the latest.
    As for the cat - he doesn't stop drinking. Did a few AA meetings, but didn't help........

    Good luck with your project.

    So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    I voted for LAMP as I agree it is universal and significant.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    I voted for LAMP as I agree it is universal and significant.
    Me too and I see it the way Kelly does- with the LAMP illuminating the way.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2015, 12:07 PM
  2. Your Vote can Help the Missing and Unidentified
    By Kelly in forum Missing Archives
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 12:19 AM
  3. Star Jones accused of taking money from a non-profit organization
    By dark_shadows in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 01:23 PM
  4. Missing Persons Organization
    By LaDonna Meredith in forum Missing Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 05:15 PM
  5. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 03:23 PM