1146 users online (225 members and 921 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    OK..I looked back at my original post and I thought I was clear, sorry if you misunderstood Interesting, we are not hiding any vital info:

We have NOT found Rose, we are NOT close to finding Rose. However, there may be some amazing people getting involved that have resources we can not even begin to get our hands on.
    I will keep you posted as I know more.

I have been in contact and working with Yanette, Shadow, and HOT.

Thank you everyone for what you are doing...people have noticed!

YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!

ALL OF YOU!

Group Wedding Photo

I don't think the woman in the group wedding photo is Rose. The Synanon.org site had other pictures that appear to be from that same group wedding --one of them is of the woman in the floral dress that looks like Rose in profile, but from the front there doesn't seem to be the same resemblence --this woman is more full in the face.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    This is I believe the last picture of Rose taken. I cropped her brothers out so you can see her face better
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by palmerk View Post
    I don't think the woman in the group wedding photo is Rose. The Synanon.org site had other pictures that appear to be from that same group wedding --one of them is of the woman in the floral dress that looks like Rose in profile, but from the front there doesn't seem to be the same resemblence --this woman is more full in the face.

I am in agreement with you, I do not believe that to be her either. I say that for 2 reasons, 1, it doesn't look like her to me, and 2nd, I have notes some where from a Synanon contact (maybe posted here somewhere) stating that Roses age at the time or length there or something would rule her out for being at that picture...dang, I wish I could remember!!!

Anyone remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    This is I believe the last picture of Rose taken. I cropped her brothers out so you can see her face better
    I have not been following this case but this picture sure looks a lot like this girl:

OMG. I can't remember my photobucket password and I can't find a way to link. Rose looks so much like one of the girls on the alcala links and I don't know how to post the photo!

http://www.ocregister.com/news/alcal...article-photos

ETA - The VERY LAST photo of this link. In fact, if you click back "previous" on the arrow when the first picture appears, you will see the photo that I am referring to...

Interestedwoman - Can you help us to do a side-by-side???
    Last edited by Pink Panther; 03-19-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Possible Rose?

[QUOTE=Pink Panther;4949399]I have not been following this case but this picture sure looks a lot like this girl:

Pink Panther.. I believe this is the photo you speak of being a possible Rose.
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

The Three Photo's

[quote=SideKick;4951554]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    I have not been following this case but this picture sure looks a lot like this girl:

Pink Panther.. I believe this is the photo you speak of being a possible Rose.
    Sorry, not sure how to do the sidebyside without the link.
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

[quote=SideKick;4951575]
    Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post

Sorry, not sure how to do the sidebyside without the link.
    Thanks for doing this SideKick. I have posted about this on the Alcala link as well and have asked if anyone there can help with doing a side-by-side.

Punklove did it and you can see it blown up here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=rodney+alcala

On post #502.
    Last edited by Pink Panther; 03-19-2010 at 08:57 PM.

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    Someone was asking when the wedding photo was taken. In this slide show there is a newspaper with the date at the top. It is coverage of the wedding. It looks like the date is August 7, 1972 or 1973. I could not isolate the pic. to zoom in but maybe someone else can.

Also there is another pic. of a group of members with shaved heads. Has anyone looked closer to see if one could possibly be Rose. Just some thoughts I had. I'm also only on thread one halfway through so maybe this has been addressed. It's 3 a.m. here so I need to turn off the computer. I will finish reading this weekend.

RockYou.com - Photo sharing, MySpace slideshows, MySpace codes, MySpace music
    Last edited by KateB; 04-13-2015 at 11:54 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep -Romans 12:15

Posts are my opinion only. Please direct all complaints to the Borg DebraAngel

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    I know this is not the place to ask and again I am still catching up but I was wondering what Rose's home life was like? In my experience kids just don't start doing drugs and running away from home because everything is peachy there. She also seemed concerned about Jesse and what was going on at home that would make him want to leave in that one letter. She asked over and over if something was happening. Why was she asking this? Did she know things were not quite right there? Her father comes across callous to me stating not to bother looking for her soooooo my main question would be what was her relationship like with him? Okay I'll probably read the answers to these questions tomorrow in which case I'm sorry. I just wanted to get this post out while it was fresh in my head. Night all and I hope someone reads this and it helps somehow, someway.

Forgive me, grasping at straws here I know! Also that could be a boy.

I am sorry I did not check out this thread earlier, it looks like I am no longer receiving updates when there is a new post--I will change that.

You guys have been busy, and the one girl from Alcala thread does have similarities to Rose Cole.

I remember the wedding photo but do not recall if we were able to determine the date it was published, I will look at this closer. As far as the shaved people photo, I know that girls used to shave their heads, not sure if boys did--it does appear that majority of people in the photo look like females, so perhaps that is Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    I am sorry I did not check out this thread earlier, it looks like I am no longer receiving updates when there is a new post--I will change that.

You guys have been busy, and the one girl from Alcala thread does have similarities to Rose Cole.

I remember the wedding photo but do not recall if we were able to determine the date it was published, I will look at this closer. As far as the shaved people photo, I know that girls used to shave their heads, not sure if boys did--it does appear that majority of people in the photo look like females, so perhaps that is Rose.
    Thanks for answering. I was thinking the females shaved their heads also. I was looking for a girl with a somewhat reluctant smile/shy looking KWIM. That face stood out to me and than the nose. I guess this wouldn't much help in locating her but it would show us that she had shaved her head. Perhaps a UID with a shaved head. I really hope and pray she is living a grand life with grandchildren running around somewhere.

*Does anybody think she was forced to write those letters? The whole not writing again til she's 18 is kinda strange. That would give the cult 2 years before her family would start to wonder and by than maybe they would just forget/assume she had runaway.

Here is the newspaper

Okay I did a check and in the month of August in 1972 the 7th was on a Monday! So since we can clearly see Monday August 7th I think it is okay to assume that the year is 1972. Of course this is just my unproffesional ameaturish opinion.

Enlarged picture

IMO, it was worth taking a closer look but I don't think that it is Rose. The eyes, mouth and cheeks are not right. Thanks for posting the picture though. I don't remember seeing that one before.
    Retired 08/03/03

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast