Jericho Fans Say NUTS To CBS!

openminded1

Reaction score
I know how relentless you WSers can be. Join the fight!

Since learning that Jericho was not put on CBS's fall lineup, hundreds of thousands of fans have already banded together in an effort to save the show.

Almost 20,000 pounds of nuts (yes, legumes) and counting have been ordered and are being shipped to CBS headquarters. Fans have been sending letters, postcards, emails, and flooding the offices with calls.

To see pictures of the thousands of pounds of nuts, visit
www.nutsonline.com/jericho

To find out more about the campaign, visit
www.jericholives.com

Ah, can we do something similar for Veronica Mars, as well?

I already sent my nuts. And I check in every day. I am still anticipating the Variety ad.

My hubby started watching Jericho in the beginning, but hasn't watched it lately. It was a good show, he just got interested in other shows.

Oh and
Almost 20,000 pounds of nuts (yes, legumes)
legumes are beans. =)

Thanks for that link, Open. My husband will love it and he has been so upset over that cancellation. My MIL was here yesterday and they were discussing their huge disappointment. I think CBS handled this very badly and must be having tremendous backlash. Booooo to them!

Fans are still going mad about this. Close to 30k lbs of nuts so far. CBS may be close to a decision. We are not giving up!

i';ve been pouring in emails and making all the mandatory phone calls to cbs.....plus i keep posting on the cbs jericho site - cbs did, indeed, handle this whole situation badly. If anyone missed any episodes they are still available free, online, at the cbs site.

wow.. I've never even heard of the show, I'll check out the cbs site and watch an episode tomorrow I think :)

HAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE IT! NUTS TO CBS!!!

I was disappointed to find they cancelled Jericho, too. Loved that show! How dastardly of CBS to get us all involved and then pull the rug out from under us that way! I hope they change their minds. I think the show had the makings of a long running series if the writers kept things fresh and creative.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/05/jericho-back-in-action-thats-nuts/

For all you super-obsessed "Jericho" nuts out there, worry no more!

CBS is steps away from sealing a deal to bring "Jericho" back from the TV graveyard for at least eight episodes, this according to TVGuide.com. An insider was quoted as saying the deal hinges on signing the actors to new contracts and finding a soundstage to house the show's sets. The series, which focuses on a small Kansas town coping with a new reality after a series of nuclear attacks by terrorists, could return as soon as mid-season. Kaboom!

:D :laugh: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ;) :cool:
cbs is bringing back JERICHO!!!!!! iT WILL BE A SEVEN EPISODE MIDSEASON REPLACEMENT - WITH FOR SURE A CHANCE FOR MORE AS LONG AS VEIWERSHIP STAYS HIGH AND STEADY!!!! i WILL CONTINUE TO POST DETAILS INCLUDING THE FACT THAT SEASON ONE IS NOW AVAILAABLE ON DVD (WHICH THEY DO COUNT) AND WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN SEASON TWO WILL BEGIN SO WE CAN ALL GET COMFY AND WATCH JERICHO!!! SEASON ONE EPISODES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE AT CBS.COM AND UNBOX AT AMAzON.

I thought Jericho would have been a much better mini-series than a series. As in, the original and wonderful book, Alas Babylon. (If you love Jericho and haven't read it, you must, must, must read it. It's a classic. You'll never look at salt the same way again.)

I'm glad to see it's coming back, though, because the chances of a much stinkier replacement were high.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back