CA CA - Woodside, WhtMale Child 771UMCA, 9-12, near Huddart Park, Sep'75

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/771umca.html

Unidentified Male
  • The victim was discovered on October 13, 1975 inSan Mateo County, California
  • Estimated Date of Death: 1 - 3 years prior to discovery.
  • Skeletonized, partial remains

Vital Statistics
  • Estimated age: 9 - 12 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 4'10"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown
  • Dentals: Available
  • Clothing: Dark blue sweater/jacket with snaps. Red, green, black, and gray vertical striped sweater/jacket liner. Brown boots with 3 hooks, 4 eyelets with white oblique angled striping on soles (size 7 - 7.5).
  • Jewelry: Wooden rosary with back to front clasp, corpus missing "Italy."

Case History
On October 13, 1975, the remains of a male juvenile were found 1/4 mile south of the entrance of Huddart Park on Kings Mountain Road in San Mateo County.
The remains were approximately 300 yards up a steep and heavily wooded gully west of Kings Mountain Road.
The skeletonized, partial remains bore no identification.
He may be part of a migrant family working the circuit of seasonal harvests.

Doe Network added a little more.
He died of a skull fracture.

He does have a NAMUS profile as well, https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10524
His NAMUS profile says he was found between October 13 and October 20. They think he died between 1972 and 1974.
His body appears to be missing, and DNA was not taken at the time of discovery, so definite ID might be nearly impossible unless they find his remains.

I've copied the text of this message over from Sammy & Alfred's thread.

CA - CA - Alfred Grimes 14, & Sammy Jackson 14, Monterey, 14 Dec 1968

894DMCA - Sammy Lloyd Jackson

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Sammy has 15 Virginia exclusions listed on his NamUs profile.

I wonder whether Sammy Jackson wore a rosary as part of his daily outfit. The timeline of his disappearance is about 4 years earlier than the estimated YOD of this unidentified young man but his physical description is mostly a match. Sammy and Alfred disappeared Dec. 14, 1968 and this UID was located on October 20, 1975 in Woodside, CA. There were partial skeletal remains and clothing found along with the rosary. According to The Doe Network profile the skeleton had "extensive decay in the lower teeth suggesting the child had poor or no dental care prior to his death." The profile also suggests that "he may have been part of a migrant family working the circuit of seasonal harvests."

Sammy's picture posted on his profiles doesn't show his teeth which would help in determining whether he had any decayed/decaying teeth and what type of dental care he might have had during his lifetime. I wish there were more information about what they were wearing that day or what they usually wore when going out to fish. This UID little man wore "Dark blue long-sleeved sweater/jacket with snaps and a reg/green/black/gray verticle striping; long-sleeve jacket liner, 7 or 7.5 sixed boots with 3 hook and 4 eyelet lace openings; laces missing; white oblique striped sole pattern on forefoot and tranverse striping on heel, and Wooden rosary beads with cross pendant with white metal clasp; body/corpus missing and some wood beads missing; "Italy" inscribed on cross". His remains were found just about 2 hours away "1/4 mile south of entrance to Huddart Park 1100 Kings Mountain Road Woodside, California 94027 San Mateo County".

His physical stats are:
Male, White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Range (Years) 9-12
Estimated Year of Death 1972-1974
Estimated PMI Years
Height 4' 10"(58 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Unfortunately we may never know who this UID is because supposedly "Fingerprints: Not Available DNA: Not Available. Sample not retained and location of remains unknown."

I'm wondering whether Phillip ran away from home and had access to someone who provided for him for a while at least. This would explain the different clothing found with JD. If my mapping was done correctly,he was reportedly last seen about 32 minutes from the location where these remains were found. JD's rosary and the possibility that he might have been part of a migrant worker family made me wonder whether he's White/Hispanic. Phillip is not a close physical match but the circumstances and timeline lead me to think he's a slight possible match.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Phillip Alfred Montoya – The Charley Project
Original

• Age14 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white shirt, a green tanker jacket, blue corduroy pants, a maroon baseball cap and a silver heart ring.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic male. Brown hair, brown eyes.

Phillip was last seen after school in Fremont, California on March 29, 1974. He lived with his mother and stepfather in the 40600 block of Valero Drive.

Snip

Phillip told two classmates that he planned to run away, but he does not fit the profile of a typical runaway teen.

Some friends of Phillip's older brother reported seeing him in the Warm Springs, California area a few months after his disappearance.

I did a lot of research a few years ago on missing siblings from Puerto Rico. I thought this Doe could be John: John Colonna Aponte – The Charley Project

A man thought to have been involved in their kidnapping killed himself in Florida 8 months later so I thought they could have ended up on the main land.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back