Actor Charles Nelson Reilly dies at 76

Just recently I extended my cable service and so now get the Game Show Network. As a result, I have rediscovered Match Game which I had not watched sinced the early 80s. What a fun show! Charles Nelson Reilly, Brett Somers, and Gene Rayburn are the regulars that keep everybody laughing. I also very fondly remember Reilly guest starring in a number of TV shows in the 70s. He is definitely a memorable character from my childhood.

RIP Charles. We'll miss you!

Just recently I extended my cable service and so now get the Game Show Network. As a result, I have rediscovered Match Game which I had not watched sinced the early 80s. What a fun show! Charles Nelson Reilly, Brett Somers, and Gene Rayburn are the regulars that keep everybody laughing. I also very fondly remember Reilly guest starring in a number of TV shows in the 70s. He is definitely a memorable character from my childhood.

same here Cypros....i occasionally catch the old Match Game also...i always get a kick out that crew, even to this day.....

RIP Mr Reilly......

Wasn't he in the TV version of the Ghost & Mrs Muir? (Question for the older posters)

Wasn't he in the TV version of the Ghost & Mrs Muir? (Question for the older posters)

Yeah.... but he wasn't the ghost. He was the agent of Mrs Muir? Something like that.

RIP Charles.

Did anyone ever see Alec Baldwin do the imitation of CNR on SNL? It was classic.
I grew up on CNR on the Love Boat , Match game, Ghost and Mrs Muir.
RIP.

Yeah.... but he wasn't the ghost. He was the agent of Mrs Muir? Something like that.

RIP Charles.

Yeah she was an author? Artist? Something like that. And I think the ghost was played by Edward Mulhern? Not sure where the heck out of the dark recesses of my brain that came! Oops, close Edward Mulhare.

He was also a survivor of the Hartford circus fire years ago that killed so many people.

I enjoyed his humor. An old boyfriend of mine got his autograph for me about 20 yrs ago. He signed a stuffed alligator wearing a little t-shirt for me! It got ruined in a flooding situation here. :(

I'm glad he lived a long life. RIP CNR.

I loved CNR on Match Game. He used to make me laugh all the time.

Remember when Richard Dawson was allowed to smoke on the show? Good grief, how times have changed!!!!

RIP, Charles, we will miss you!

Cypros,
The Match Game was one of my favorite shows during the 70's. Wayyyyyy back then, I run into the house after school, turn on the TV and watch the Match Game before dinner. Reilly was a great comedian known for his one liners. He will be missed.
May he rest in peace.

I LOVED Charles on Match Game! I grew up on this show and was thrilled when Game show network came out and had the old reruns of Match Game..... Charles and Brett.... oh how they cracked me up!

It is sad that this 'era' is slowly dying...... Gene Rayburn passed away a few years ago and now Charles.... I have to say that Charles was 'gay' before 'gay' was cool.... (no offence intended to anyone) I am just trying to make a point that he didn't care back in the 70's that people knew he was gay..... he was who he was...... a man before his time!

May he dance with the angels and make them laugh all day! ;)

I LOVE the Match Game.
RIP Charles Nelson Reilly

Maybe it's just me and I don't care much for game shows, but I remember him for the Puff N Stuff show or whatever it was called way back when. Seems like he was the evil villain in those days but I could be wrong :waitasec: So many great actors and actresses got their start on whatever channel our antennaes would pick up back in those days, doing kid shows. Morgan Freeman & Rita Moreno were both on the Electric Company. I don't know his name right off the rip, but another from the Electric Company moved onto the Sopranos for a few episodes.

I guess I just wanted to add a program that was overlooked because it tells most folks age :crazy: and wish him well in heaven.

I, too, loved watching cnr on the match game and other game shows - richard dawson smoking - that brings back memories!!!
He was also a tony award nominee (i think once a winner, too), for the plays he produced. I saw one, almost thirty years ago, in d.c., called The Belle of Amhearst with Julie Harris - playing Emily Dickenson - Charles and Julie were close friends - I remember meeting Julie Harris backstage afterwards and getting her autograph...
r.i.p. charles

HR Puffinstuff, who's your friend when things get rough? HR Puffinstuff, can't do a little cos he can't do enough.

Was he on that? I do remember the show.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back