IL IL - Haqikah 'Kekah' Suggs, 14, Joliet, 27 May 2007

~snip~
The body of the female was found in an open area on the Pilcher Park Horse Trail near Route 6 and Farrell Road on the town's east side and declared dead about 12:55 p.m., authorities said.
~snip~
Joliet police would not further identify the body, including age and gender, and have said only that they are investigating.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...23.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=2&cset=true

Autopsy will be Tuesday and the ID is held pending notification of next of kin. That's such a standard comment.

I have a gut feeling this is Lisa. I feel horrible for the family. On one hand they'll finally be on the road to some sort of closure, but on the other hand there's no more hope of finding her alive. Prayers!

snip~

The victim had a plastic bag over her head and upper torso and had been set on fire, Hayes said.
“The victim has yet to be identified,” Hayes said. She was wearing a brown button-down shirt with a red tank top.

~Snip

Then HOW do they know it is NOT Lisa? Strange??

Speaking at the conference today, Police Chief Fred Hayes says authorities have not been able to identify the girl who is thought to have been between 13 and 17 years old. Her burned body was found early Monday at Pilcher Park, at U.S. Route 6 and Farrell Road. Two horseback riders came across the body on the ground just before 9 a.m. Monday morning.

Hayes said the body of an African-American girl, believed to be in her early teens, was found at the entrance to the horse trail on U.S. 6 and Farrell, next to Pine Ridge Apartments on Parkwood Drive.

Hayes says detectives believe the girl was shot twice -- once in the head and once in the chest -- and taken to the park where her body was covered with a plastic bag and set on fire.

She was wearing a brown button-down shirt with a red tank top.

The victim was pronounced dead at 12:55 p.m. Monday by the county coroner. An autopsy was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.

Hayes says the girl's fingerprints have not yielded any clues and there has been no missing persons reports matching her description.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_149094118.html

Can we delete this thread since it's not relevant to Lisa?

Why? The person is still a victim and belongs to someone. Just b/c it's not Lisa doesn't mean the person doesn't deserve mention and justice.

Why? The person is still a victim and belongs to someone. Just b/c it's not Lisa doesn't mean the person doesn't deserve mention and justice.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you englishleigh, there are people looking for someone other than Lisa.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thisforum is for all victims & all their loved ones who mourn their loss, deaths, or harm. Thank you for bring us back to our real purpose at WS. Prayers & comfort to the family & friends of this you girl. To the Victim, burned & mutilated." God Bless you & grant you peace. I hope we can continue & find out who you are & who your family is."I hope we can bring the murderer to justice.

Can we delete this thread since it's not relevant to Lisa?

I may be mistaken but I think this thread originally appeared in the Lisa Stebic forum for those of you reading the above comment. I am sure twinkiesmom just meant to delete it from Lisa's forum and now it appears to have been moved to a more appropriate forum.

I may be mistaken but I think this thread originally appeared in the Lisa Stebic forum for those of you reading the above comment. I am sure twinkiesmom just meant to delete it from Lisa's forum and now it appears to have been moved to a more appropriate forum.

OH!! Ok...that makes more sense. Thanks, Gmommy. :silenced:

Twinkiesmom...my apologies.

Speaking at the conference today, Police Chief Fred Hayes says authorities have not been able to identify the girl who is thought to have been between 13 and 17 years old. Her burned body was found early Monday at Pilcher Park, at U.S. Route 6 and Farrell Road. Two horseback riders came across the body on the ground just before 9 a.m. Monday morning.

Hayes said the body of an African-American girl, believed to be in her early teens, was found at the entrance to the horse trail on U.S. 6 and Farrell, next to Pine Ridge Apartments on Parkwood Drive.

Hayes says detectives believe the girl was shot twice -- once in the head and once in the chest -- and taken to the park where her body was covered with a plastic bag and set on fire.

She was wearing a brown button-down shirt with a red tank top.

The victim was pronounced dead at 12:55 p.m. Monday by the county coroner. An autopsy was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.

Hayes says the girl's fingerprints have not yielded any clues and there has been no missing persons reports matching her description.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_149094118.html
The UID girl found in Kilgore TX was burned also...just thinking out loud here.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47950

I just didn't think it belonged in the Lisa folder...everyone visiting would think her body was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back