Identified! MN - Battle Lake, WhtMale 975UMMN, 45-55, alias 'David Erickson', May'05 - Paul Adam Matthews

The only way of possibly ID'ing him aside from DNA/Dentals is possibly the custody case. Given his estimate age, wouldn't he be a little young to be living in a nursing home? I'm curious as to what he died from...

Is this the same guy?

http://info.doc.state.mn.us/PublicViewer/Inmate.asp?OID=163447

I wonder why they did not uncover the false name back in 2002? If it is the same person, then I wonder if the child involved in that conviction was his daughter? She could be 15 years old (13 or under in 2002). I'm guessing she was too young to know anything specific.

As for why he'd be in a nursing home, he could have been recovering from surgery or in hospice care because of a terminal illness (cancer, AIDS, etc.). The closest nursing home to that town provides subacute and hospice care as well as care for the elderly.

Is this the same guy?

http://info.doc.state.mn.us/PublicViewer/Inmate.asp?OID=163447

I wonder why they did not uncover the false name back in 2002? If it is the same person, then I wonder if the child involved in that conviction was his daughter? She could be 15 years old (13 or under in 2002). I'm guessing she was too young to know anything specific.

As for why he'd be in a nursing home, he could have been recovering from surgery or in hospice care because of a terminal illness (cancer, AIDS, etc.). The closest nursing home to that town provides subacute and hospice care as well as care for the elderly.

Well that is interesting! Same name. Looks a lot like him, and also looks like a different person in some ways. I also wondered why in a nursing home. When I worked in a nursing home we had some younger patients (30's and 40's)who had had a stroke and no family to care for them/couldn't care for themselves. Or possibly liver failure or some chronic disease where he couldn't live on his own.

I also noticed the offender wore glasses, and this John Doe wore no glasses in all three photos probably taken at diffferent times.

I think the eyes look very similar especially in the far left hand picture on Doe. The nose looks very similar in the middle picture. Need somebody to photoshop out the hair...

I wonder if the pictures on Doe are pulled from his residence and are older? They have that look about them... Maybe they think if they post older pictures someone from his previous life will recognize him?

Why did I immediately think of Eric Douglas Nielsen? He's the guy that kidnapped his daughter Genevieve in 1976 when she was a baby. She was recently recovered, an adult who didn't even know she was missing. I thought Nielsen was or at least had been incarcerated. I tried to find a picture of him. Surely the Nielsen case is too famous a case for anything like this to happen.

Non-custodial parents take their kids and disappear all of the time. It is the most common type of kidnapping (over 80% of all kidnappings, to my understanding).

It's not that difficult to assume a new identity, you just need the Social Security info and birth certificate from my understanding. As long as you lived a quiet life and stayed away from being on TV, etc., you could get away with it. Especially if you have not been fingerprinted before.

Nielsen was in prison under as assumed name when a tip led the authorities to his true identity (he must have talked to someone about his former life at some point). If he had a prior criminal record, I can only imagine that it was out of state and his prints/DNA were not run in any kind of interstate or national search. I can imagine three reasons why - 1) a backlog which could run into months or years, 2) budget constraints, 3) his crime, while enough to gain prison time, was relatively minor.

In reading the info on this guy---is the victim the guys whose identity he used (David Charles Erickson) or is the victim the John Doe?

I found an obit for a David Charles Erickson from AZ, but his obit shows he died in 2009, so I am confused.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mo...david-charles-erickson-jus-dave&pid=132501606

Also, how do they know that he was using the Florida guys ID? I am showing several David Charles Ericksons born in Minnesota in the 1940's. (According to ancestry.com)

Yeah, that really is confusingly written! I think the "victim" is the John Doe, and the David Charles Erickson guy is just someone who got his identity stolen, somehow. I'd love to read an article on this story, but it doesn't seem to have gotten any media attention.

What about Ralph Roger Packer?

RRPacker.jpg
975UMMN.jpg

I wonder how accurate the term "nursing home" is in the description. My father turns 50 this year and moved into a group home in January. This particular place serves men with mental illnesses and has a small staff who monitor medication schedules and keep the guys on track with their appointments and such. Could it be a group home? It seems to me that any health condition serious enough to send a middle-aged man to a nursing home might be included to aid in his identification. My own opinion, of course.

Looks pretty close. He assumed the "David Charles Ericson" alias prior to RRP's DLC, but that still probably doesn't absolutely rule him out. He could have established an alternate alias prior to his disappearance.

?? RRP's DLC was 1976. David Charles Erickson assumed his alias in 1990.

In reading the Doe description it identified him as the "victim" who was discovered in 2005 and he died in 2006. It doesn't state where he was discovered or any of the circumstances. I gather that something happened to incapacitate him in 2005 that caused him to be put into a nursing home.

The victim was discovered on May 1, 2005 in Battle Lake, Otter Tail County, Minnesota
Date of Death: May 18, 2006

The victim resided at a nursing home near Battle Lake, Minnesota on May 1, 2005. He died approximately one year later.
It was discovered he had assumed the identity of David Charles Erickson approximately 15 years ago. It is possible the victim resided in Arizona prior to 1989 and possibly was involved in an Arizona child custody case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back