Former Member
Reaction score
4= Miss USA
3=Miss Korea
2=Miss Venezuela

Runner-up=Miss Brazil
Winner=Miss Japan

Hi Dark_Shadows!

Did you see the pageant? Did anyone see Miss USA fall flat on her arse? OOOPSIE! Poor gal tripped on her dress. That was a first!

And did you hear all the Mexican people booing at Miss USA? WTH was that all about???

Hi Dark_Shadows!

Did you see the pageant? Did anyone see Miss USA fall flat on her arse? OOOPSIE! Poor gal tripped on her dress. That was a first!

And did you hear all the Mexican people booing at Miss USA? WTH was that all about???

For those who missed it, here it is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZZd9UGV0uI

I think that she did a fantastic recovery. She hardly missed a beat and did not even appear to be shaken.

Hi Dark_Shadows!

I felt so bad for her when she fell. I know I wouldn't have been able to make such a graceful recovery!

I couldn't figure out what all the booing was about, either.

Bless her heart. That had to be so embarrassing but you're right she handled it well.

I read on yahoo that the booing was from people from Mexico who were unhappy with our policy on illegal immigrants. What does this girl have to do with US policy?

Mexicans booing Miss USA? Well I boo them right back and I'll do with my vote. Rude.

We were very disappointed in the results. Last year I picked the winner and I believe Miss Japan was runner up. Last year's Miss Japan was much prettier.

Is Miss Japan the most beautiful woman in the Universe? I don't think so. I thought Brazil should have had it, then Venezuela, then it was a toss up from there.

They hate us -- but they're coming here in droves. :waitasec:
I heard they were booing because we have laws about how to enter the country legally and because we frown on those who enter via the back door. It makes me want to round 'em up (all 12+ million) and ship 'em back. I hate to see politics spill over into a totally unrelated venue like this. Poor Miss USA. Must've sucked being her last night.

Some news channels (FOX for one) are reporting that the booing was also because Miss USA didn't answer the panel's questions in Spanish! :doh:
The nerve! :hand: That really PO'ed me because ya know they aren't coming here and answering us in ENGLISH! :banghead:

fwiw, I think our girl did a fantastic job! After the fall and the booing, she should have won just for being under so much more pressure than the rest and still maintaining her smile and composure, imo. Heck, she even tried to appease the crowd by saying "Thank you" to them. I think I would have thrown the finger! :silenced:

Why should she have to speak Spanish? It's not her native language. I can think of time when they actually had a translator because the contestant didn't speak English.
After being booed my legs would have been shaky so it's no wonder that she fell.

I heard they were booing because we have laws about how to enter the country legally and because we frown on those who enter via the back door. It makes me want to round 'em up (all 12+ million) and ship 'em back. I hate to see politics spill over into a totally unrelated venue like this. Poor Miss USA. Must've sucked being her last night.

I actually got the top three order correct, but it was tough to pick them. I was really rooting for Miss Brazil but Miss Japan answered her question very poignantly, and she seemed to have a flair abut her when she did her final walk and twirled around. I think that won it for her at the end. She was not as pretty as Miss Brqaazil but she seemed to have a really great personality.

Hard to tell with these pageants.

What did you think of Miss Australias choice for the swimwear section.?

Excellent post. I agree with everything you said.

Some news channels (FOX for one) are reporting that the booing was also because Miss USA didn't answer the panel's questions in Spanish! :doh:

NOOOOOO --pleaseeeee tell me that's a joke!
Do you know how many illegal immigrants live in my city that can't speak an entire sentence in English?!?!?:doh::banghead::mad:

Why should she have to speak Spanish? It's not her native language. I can think of time when they actually had a translator because the contestant didn't speak English.
After being booed my legs would have been shaky so it's no wonder that she fell.
All the girls had translaters except for Ms. USA, even though some of them did speak English (at least during the highlight interviews from the week). I knew after USA fell and made it to the next phase and Ms. Mexico didn't that she would never win; that's when the booing started. I believe it was all politics when it came to chosing. Can you imagine what would have happened if USA won after all the booing?

Hi Dark_Shadows!

Dear sweet Liz,:blowkiss: :blowkiss:
I watched the entire pageant. I saw Miss USA trip and fall.
Sorry, but Miss USA rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I was sure that Miss Brazil would win.
All of my Love and Respect to you Liz,
dark_shadows

What did you think of Miss Australias choice for the swimwear section.?
Very tastefulll...next year you will win Dingo...
With your new makeover, that I am doing for you........:blowkiss:
I saw Miss USA trip as it was on our news(!) poor girl but she recovered well..:woohoo: :rolleyes:

I actually got the top three order correct, but it was tough to pick them. I was really rooting for Miss Brazil but Miss Japan answered her question very poignantly, and she seemed to have a flair abut her when she did her final walk and twirled around. I think that won it for her at the end. She was not as pretty as Miss Brqaazil but she seemed to have a really great personality.

Hard to tell with these pageants.

Yikes! My apologies for all the typos. I am out of town and not used to this laptop I've been using. Sheesh! Looks like I was drunk or something!! :p :blushing:

Very tastefulll...next year you will win Dingo...
With your new makeover, that I am doing for you........:blowkiss:
I saw Miss USA trip as it was on our news(!) poor girl but she recovered well..:woohoo: :rolleyes:
You think I will look that good Kazz...I better start practicing the walk:D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back