CA CA - Anaheim, Male Skeletal UP11570, 40-70, along 91 Freeway, May'07

Shadow205

Reaction score
May 20, 2007, 2:21 PM PDT

Authorities say they are treating their investigation of the human bones found in Anaheim along the Riverside Freeway as a potential homicide.

The remains were found yesterday by a work crew.

Authorities say they appear to the leg bones of an adult and that they had been buried ten to 20 years. There's no word yet on the person's gender.

Police say they're treating their probe as a possible murder investigation because they don't want to overlook possible evidence that could help solve a cold-case homicide.

Officials say they're confident they'll be able to determine the person's identity.

I wonder why LE is so confident that they will determine the person's identity?

http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/ktla-ocbones,0,4817292.story?coll=ktla-newslocal-1

The link is no more. Is this it?

Caltrans crew unearths old human remains
IN BRIEF The Region / ANAHEIM
May 18, 2007|From Times Staff Reports

Caltrans workers fixing a fence Thursday alongside the 91 Freeway uncovered human remains that may have been there for 20 years.

"We're treating it as a possible homicide," said Anaheim Police Sgt. Rick Martinez.

The bones, believed to be those of an adult, were buried in the eastbound shoulder near the ramp to the 241 toll road.
http://articles.latimes.com/2007/may/18/local/me-rbriefs18.2

The addresses given are different but Riverside Fwy seems to be just another name for 91, according to Google maps.

I wonder if it could be one of Randy Kraft's victims. He disposed of other victims along freeways in Anaheim, possibly the 91. I would like to know if there are any updates since the bones were found in 2007.

NamUs #UP11570 Male, Uncertain
Date Body Found May 17, 2007
Location Found Anaheim, California
Estimated Age Range40-70 Years
Circumstances of Recovery - Bones and clothing discovered by a worker south of 91 freeway
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains Head not recovered One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

While no PMI is given in Namus, the article in post 1 of this thread said 10-20 years which puts date of death around 1987-1997.

Copied below are extracts from a 17 May 2007 article which provide more detail on the exact location of the bones (www.ocregister.com/2007/05/17/human-bones-found-near-91-2/):

ANAHEIM – Bones found Thursday along the eastbound 91 freeway in Anaheim Hills are confirmed to be human, possibly the victim of foul play, authorities said today.

Caltrans workers discovered the remains about 3:30 p.m. while digging a trench in a dirt shoulder near the southbound 241 toll road on-ramp. Numerous bones were discovered, although not enough for a complete set, Martinez said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back