question

Hi
Thankyou.I believe some other pictures with this one had palm trees and a beach in them.where can that be?I think it is somewhere in florida?

suzanne

I have some tree books at home...I'll try to look it up. Could be any of dozens of species...

hubby thought maybe a evergreen ?? and there's something on the ground by those big green trees... I think we got some things that look like that in our yard (have to check tomorrow) hubby threw out a name spanish bay-o-nets (dont know how to spell it) he's not really sure either.. But they do look like ones we have... so maybe they are florida pictures

Hi
Is it ok to ask where in florida do you live?I am thinking this picture was taken in florida.I'm not sure though or where it could be.I think in other pictures that were from the same roll of film there are palm trees with it too and a beach.I am just curious where it could be.

suzanne

Those trees look fake or something. Are they those antenna trees?
Why are the Pine needles upside down?

Hi
I think it is a recreation area somewhere.Near a beach?

suzanne

I live in sw florida (lee county) ..I moved from brevard county.. and I know when we first moved over here I was amazed at the difference in plants/flowers that was over here and not over where we use to live..

Those two trees in that picture though, for the life of me I cant remember if I've seen them over here or not... Will keep my eyes open though .... I tried to search a little bit.. If we could find out the real name of it then we might be able to pin point where they're supposed to grow hehe.. If you got any more pictures that might help! ya might try that!

Hi
I have looked at sooo many pictures of trees.I can't find this tree.:confused: I did not know there were that many types of trees out there.I do want to know.

suzanne

Looks like something you'd see here in parts of California. I've seen Christmas trees in the lot that look like that - in fact, my step-mom used to get them like that but I couldn't tell you what they were called anymore. And the smaller plant in front looks similar to something at my grandma's (and all over Los Angeles). I know I'm being no help. Whatever the answer is, they've deffinitly been planted and are not part of the natural habitat. One is a forest tree, one is a desert plant. And the trees in the background look like Oak.

Okay, well maybe not Oak in the back, but they deffinitly look like "neighborhood" trees (as opposed to forest and desert trees...).

Noble Fir! It could be any of the Fir family really but the Noble Fir is what my step-mom would get. Pretty much all Fir variations are native to the NorthWest but like I said, those ones they're look out of place. (I've looked at a picture of a Noble fir again and I don't think they quite match).
Try this: http://www.arborday.org/trees/treeID.cfm It will be hard to answer some of the questions because all you have is the picture, but it will narrow it down some.

Noble Fir! It could be any of the Fir family really but the Noble Fir is what my step-mom would get. Pretty much all Fir variations are native to the NorthWest but like I said, those ones they're look out of place.
As soon as I looked at the pic I thought Douglas Fir. We get them for xmas and that is what it looks like to me.

Wow, using my photo editor, I realized this is a picture of a rainbow. I don't think its at a park though - the grass is not well kept. The only parks I've seen with grounds that look like that are monument-type parks with huge grounds. To the left of the trees (or the tree's right) it looks like there is a wall, either stone or shrub. And I really want to know what the brownish thing is sticking out of nowhere in front of that wall. Also, it appears that there is a big house behind the wall.

Hi
Oh no.You didn't go overboard.You did great.You were trying to help.very good questions.Thankyou very much.

suzanne

Hubby has been in landscaping design for 25 years. He says the quality of the pic is not that great but he says from what he can see it is either a spruce or a fir.

When we blow the picture up the quality is too poor for him to see the needles clearly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back