1159 users online (254 members and 905 guests)  

Websleuths News

east coast

Cruise Ship Jumper Arrested on Sex Abuse Charges

ORLANDO, Florida A man who jumped from a cruise ship off Florida's coast and was rescued about eight hours later by the Coast Guard, was arrested Tuesday on sex charges, authorities said.
    Michael Mankamyer, 35, of Orlando was charged with sexual battery not likely to cause injury and lewd or lascivious molestation on a victim older than 12, said Liz Malavet, of the Orange County jail's inmate records. Mankamyer was being held without bond and his first court appearance is Wednesday, she said.
    The charges stem from an FBI investigation into Mankamyer's fall about 70 feet (21 meters) after jumping from the balcony of his room aboard the Carnival Glory in March, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

More at links.......

Here is the link to when he "fell" off the cruise ship..

and http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,259344,00.html

This creeps me out now knowing he molested at least one of the boys from these cruises he was taking... and makes me wonder if that was the real reason for the argument..
    "Sal Wega, 16, Mankamyer's godson and cruise-ship roommate, argued with him before jumping over the side. Wega wanted to hang out at a teen club but Mankamyer wanted to stay in the room."

Great Lakes
    How creepy.....I hope they investigate his every move....
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

He does sound creepy. I have to wonder what parent would let their teenager go on a cruise with a thirty-five yr. old man? I don't care if he's a friend or not. Maybe if the wife or girlfriend were going along (a big maybe) but not just the thirty-five yr. old and my child.