Man Eats Dog As A Protest In Britain

White Rain

Reaction score
sickening! :sick:

LONDON — A British performance artist has eaten part of a corgi _ the breed of dog that is the favorite pet of Queen Elizabeth II _ to protest the alleged mistreatment of animals by the royal family.
Mark McGowan set up a table on a London street Tuesday and dined on what he said was the meat from a corgi in hopes of drawing attention to media reports that Prince Philip, the queen's husband, had beaten a fox to death during a hunt.
McGowan's protest was broadcast on a live radio program.
"We love our animals in Britain," McGowan told AP Television News. "Why is it then that we then allow people _ especially people who are supposed to be ambassadors for this country _ to treat animals with such disrespect?"
Buckingham Palace declined to comment, and Britain's top animal-protection charity said there was no evidence to support the claim that Prince Philip abused the fox.
To make the corgi more palatable, it was mixed with apple, onion and seasoning, turned into meat balls, and served with salad.
McGowan said the corgi he consumed had died recently at a breeding farm and had not been killed for the purposes of the protest. He did not say how the dog had died. (more at link)
http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May30/0,4670,BritainManEatsDog,00.html

Hey I have a corgi, that poor little doggie:(

And can someone explain how eating a corgi is treating animals with respect? WTF! A stupid publicity stunt! Whilst i do not agree wit the Aristocracy hunting foxes and the like I fail to see how eating a dog makes any pertenant point....

And can someone explain how eating a corgi is treating animals with respect? WTF! A stupid publicity stunt! Whilst i do not agree wit the Aristocracy hunting foxes and the like I fail to see how eating a dog makes any pertenant point....

LOL-

Those royals and their hunting is just wrong but tit for tat never works

Mark Mcgown is a waste of oxygen and should be locked up.

Yoko Ono also supposedly ate a bite or two and then got a "strange look on her face." LOL

She should be locked up too....I though her and John were all about love and peace...hes proberly doing somersaults in his grave as we speak.

In fairness, the artist did NOT kill the dog. He just ate the dog (or said he did) after it died of natural causes. And the point is to revolt people and then get them to associate that revulsion with the hunting practices of the Royal Family.

But this is--by my count--about the 25th thread where we "shoot the messenger." Must be something in the water.

Taste like chicken? :silenced:

He didnt kill the dog but ugh I cant even imagine eating it. Poor pooch, he should have been respectfully buried. Not cooked and eaten :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back