1172 users online (197 members and 975 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 493
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    57
    Hi Liz,

    We did the check for Illinois too. November through January rabbit season. Poaching here too. Strach was wondering about the weapons LE had recovered, if they had been fired recently. He would also have to used a different weapon then the ones he was picked up with before by LE. None of those would be used for upland game hunting (pheasant, quail, rabbit). The police know this & I'm sure that's one of the things that they have locked in on CS story not being kosher. I'm sure they tested all his firearms to see if they have been fired recently & to see if any new ones have popped up or disappeared.


    JP76ER
    JMHO

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    173

    My theory

    I have been following this story from the start. I live only about 8 miles from the Stebics. Don't know them, but this story is just a little too close to home.

    Here's what I think may have happened: Lisa was probably getting ready to go out for the evening and she and Craig probably got into an argument. I'm guessing his anger got the best of him and he did her in, hid her body in the back of his pickup in the tarp (in the garage) and sent the kids away for the candy run so he could figure out what to do next.

    My guess is he panicked and called his father and his dad agreed to help him out. When the kids went to bed, he met his dad 1/2 way and did a transfer of the body, which his father promptly transported to one of the mines on their property in the north woods.

    Whatever really transpired, I'm 99% sure Craig has something to do with it. After watching that 12-year old video clip of his arresting officer, I'm closer to 100% sure - scary to think someone with that kind of violent potential could be living that close to us.

    I'm praying for Lisa's family and kids, and I sure hope this case produces some answers soon.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,189
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Maybe it isn't that far fetched, but I don't know that his father could hide his involvement after they have already scrutinized him and his property. He didn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box. Anything is possible at this point tho.
    I agree- I dont think he is the sharpest tool in the shed either- dont think he is involved, but certainly a good thought

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Maybe it isn't that far fetched, but I don't know that his father could hide his involvement after they have already scrutinized him and his property. He didn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box. Anything is possible at this point tho.
    It doesn't sound that far fetched to me either his father was with him when he had the run in with the Conservation Officer and is up holding his son and as stated he did talk about Lisa in the passed tensed. I hope and pray now that the conservation office has come forward LE will look very close into this OB.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    57
    Hi Lisa Too,

    I'm thinking like you. That's close to my opinion on what happened. I hope we are wrong.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    What about "bow hunting?" Would/does CS own a bow? There are several kinds now, some of which appear to be pretty lethal. It could explain hunting without firing a gun. Also, if they are poachers, bow hunting is much quieter.

    Salem

  7. #37
    Strangulation is a common method for husbands because it is up close and personal, but then he could have bashed her over the head just as easily. There was blood present on the tarp.

    I don't believe he used a gun or bow tho. I agree that the houses are too close together for a gunshot not to be heard in the evening while people would be home.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    57
    Hi Salem

    I bow hunt too & I'm also disabled with Multiple Sclerosis. All modern hunting bows are very lethal. Because of my disability, I qualify to hunt with a crossbow. To show you how lethal it is, a bunch of us hunted up at Ted Nugent's Sunrize Acres & I shot my Russian boar quartering away & he just flopped over dead. No running at all. Broke my bolt (arrow) by just falling over. They are big animals & almost the entire group that day took hogs by bow. You can murder some one with a bow but it would be a bloody scene. Arrows kill by cutting arteries, lung tissue & heart muscle. Basically cause the game to quickly bleed to death. We take as much safety training & shooting practice with our bows as our firearms. Safety is first & the most important part of the hunt. One could have been used but the death scene would have been bloody & clean up would be a very big chore. They are definitely a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands, i.e. a murderer.

    JP76ER
    JMHO

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Too View Post
    I have been following this story from the start. I live only about 8 miles from the Stebics. Don't know them, but this story is just a little too close to home.

    Here's what I think may have happened: Lisa was probably getting ready to go out for the evening and she and Craig probably got into an argument. I'm guessing his anger got the best of him and he did her in, hid her body in the back of his pickup in the tarp (in the garage) and sent the kids away for the candy run so he could figure out what to do next.

    My guess is he panicked and called his father and his dad agreed to help him out. When the kids went to bed, he met his dad 1/2 way and did a transfer of the body, which his father promptly transported to one of the mines on their property in the north woods.

    Whatever really transpired, I'm 99% sure Craig has something to do with it. After watching that 12-year old video clip of his arresting officer, I'm closer to 100% sure - scary to think someone with that kind of violent potential could be living that close to us.

    I'm praying for Lisa's family and kids, and I sure hope this case produces some answers soon.
    OhMyGosh Lisa, I never thought him meeting his dad 1/2 way! Remember Janet March. After her husband murdered her, his dad helped him get rid of the body! The dad finally admitted it, but 10 years later and couldn't remember exactly where she was placed.

    Let's hope LE gets some type of evidence soon on this case so it doesn't go on for as long as Janet's case. It took 10 years for justice for Janet,......please don't let that happen here.

    JMHO
    fran

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,593
    Fran, that's the case I was thinking about also.

    JP76ER, I think Salem meant using the bow to hunt not as a murder weapon. My brother bow hunts and I thought he said something about there being a bow season? Meaning I guess different days before the regular one opens up.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    OhMyGosh Lisa, I never thought him meeting his dad 1/2 way! Remember Janet March. After her husband murdered her, his dad helped him get rid of the body! The dad finally admitted it, but 10 years later and couldn't remember exactly where she was placed.

    Let's hope LE gets some type of evidence soon on this case so it doesn't go on for as long as Janet's case. It took 10 years for justice for Janet,......please don't let that happen here.

    JMHO
    fran
    Fran,

    Read my earlier post on this thread, at the end of page one. I think that he may have even told his dad that he accidentally did it in a fit of rage. Perhaps he told his dad that nobody would ever believe it was an accident so he needed his help in getting rid of the body. That would explain why his dad used Lisa's name in the past tense during an interview. He also plays way too dumb, stating he only gets news when he hears people talk about it. Give me a break...if this happens in your family, you are going to be searching every angle to get all the information available. Dumb like a fox!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    173
    Fran & JP76ER,

    I'm also thinking he strangled her. I agree that gunshots would have been too noticeable in that neighborhood and at that time of the day. Someone surely would have had recollection of hearing "fireworks". And gunshots would have been too messy - remember the kids were around at this time.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    173
    Just found this link to a new article that appeared yesterday:


    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/p...ASE_S1.article

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    173
    And this one appeared today:
    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/n...ING_S1.article

    What's interesting here is the Afterward section at the bottom of the article. Now, Joe Stebic (Craig's Dad) is call LE liars!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Too View Post
    And this one appeared today:
    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/n...ING_S1.article

    What's interesting here is the Afterward section at the bottom of the article. Now, Joe Stebic (Craig's Dad) is call LE liars!
    I can envision this becoming like the Perry March case. No body found. Shady soon-to-be ex and shady father-in-law.... I'm pretty sure they won't make it to Mexico though. (IMO)

    I'm so sorry for those children.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Help Find Missing Lisa Stebic Website
    By CW in forum Lisa Stebic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 09:09 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 12:12 PM
  3. Who Is Lisa Stebic ?
    By CW in forum Lisa Stebic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 12:57 AM
  4. Replies: 396
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 02:13 AM
  5. Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2
    By Mom2threestooges in forum Lisa Stebic
    Replies: 377
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 11:06 AM

Tags for this Thread