Coming soon...a Harry Potter Theme Park!!!

ember

~*~ Tree hugging dirt worshipper ~*~
Reaction score
:woohoo: Sounds like fun! I can't wait to go!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/31/potter.park.reut/index.html

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- J.K. Rowling, who became the world's first billion-dollar author on the back of Harry Potter's success, has given the go-ahead for the creation of a Florida theme park dedicated to the schoolboy wizard.
"The plans I have seen look incredibly exciting and I don't think fans of the books or films will be disappointed," Rowling said of the Orlando park that is scheduled to open in 2009.
Barry Meyer, chairman and CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment, said: "Over the years we've received thousands of letters from fans around the world wishing they could visit Hogwarts (School) and the wonderful locations described in each of J.K. Rowling's beloved stories."
***end snip***

I've always wanted to visit Hogwarts too! I wonder what all they will have....flying dragons?, mermaids?, scary creatures? and MAGIC!~ ohhhh I can't wait to go! :)

This will be the highlight of my dd's day to read this. She's is a big HP fan, even named her cat "Granger" after Hermonie. She has all 4 HP DVD's and is counting the days to July 13th. We try to have a game night once a week, and usually end up playing the HP DVD game called Sceneit?

This sounds AWESOME! I can't wait. I think I'll buy a ticket for Laura Mallory! lol

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I can't imagine this place really being relevant in 10 years when the final book is released and the buzz subsides.

Now why can't I have a theme park for the Lord of the Rings?

Well don't let that women who was trying to get the books banned because they promoted witchcraft, know, or else she will organize a protest outside the gates. I can just imagine the look on her face when she finds out about a park.

Well don't let that women who was trying to get the books banned because they promoted witchcraft, know, or else she will organize a protest outside the gates. I can just imagine the look on her face when she finds out about a park.

LOL, COMING SOON! Lawsuit re: Harry Potter Theme Parks!

This is great--We are only two and a half hours away by car from Orlando--We are huge Harry Potter fans,especially of the first two films--We will definitely go when it opens in 2009

--lol--yeah, i saw her being interviewed on Fox yesterday--She's not alone,my brother's wife feels the same way and won't let my neices and nephew see the films or read the books either--kids are 12 and 14 years old--Its a shame--She's quite religous and only relunctantly allowed the kids to go out on Halloween these many years,and also will never go to Disney World with her kids because Disney sponsors a GAY DAY there every June--She's quite narrow-minded and unfriendly,luckily the kids are not like her at all--They're perfect!

This is awesome news... my family and I are huge HP fans... can't wait!!! (I did have this written out explaining my fandom, but reread it and it just made me sound crazy. LoL I'm not... I'm just a big kid at heart and when my kids discovered HP, I got hooked... it's nice to have something you can share and do with your children that is both rewarding on a parental interaction and educational level. I've even done photography in some of the places around the UK where parts of the films were shot. You can actually go into to the real dining hall in Oxford that was and still is used for filming Hogwarts Great Hall. I got to have tea there and photographed the places where they did interior shots, like the staircase where they filmed Prof McG greeting the first year students in the first movie.)

To any of yall planning a trip to the UK with our family anytime soon: there are numerous websites online that give walking details of places in London that you can visit that were used in the movies and/or are mentioned in the books. That city has really embraced the HP wave to the point that you can even go to places like Kings Cross Station and find marked spots like Platform 9 3/4.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back