Thread: What if there was no ransom letter?

Hybrid View

What if there was no ransom letter?

Ok, in my opinion, an IDI. But I go back and forth sometimes. I can see where all yall RDI's are coming from. I think Patsy wrote the letter, but did not necessarily kill Jon Benet. I still haven't come up with a good reason why Patsy would manipulate the scene and stage the "ransom letter", not having killed JonBenet.
    But what if there was no letter left? What do you think would have happened? Would everyone be so focused on the Ramseys? Ok, if IDI, and Patsy had gone to wake JonBenet up and not found her, then called 911 to say that her child was missing...would they have searched the house for JonBenet? Would they have maybe considered that a pedophile got her?
    If RDI and no letter was left, would that have worked out better for them?

If there was no fiber or other evidence,yes I think so,b/c as far as that note goes,Patsy might as well have just signed it, "Love,Patsy".
    But that would also depend on their behavior,as such, it's so obvious they're not really trying to find any killer,and never were.Even bf the note was released,I was,as everyone else was too..baffled as to why they weren't angry.It just didn't fit in with being innocent.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes View Post
    Ok, in my opinion, an IDI. But I go back and forth sometimes. I can see where all yall RDI's are coming from. I think Patsy wrote the letter, but did not necessarily kill Jon Benet. I still haven't come up with a good reason why Patsy would manipulate the scene and stage the "ransom letter", not having killed JonBenet.
    But what if there was no letter left? What do you think would have happened? Would everyone be so focused on the Ramseys? Ok, if IDI, and Patsy had gone to wake JonBenet up and not found her, then called 911 to say that her child was missing...would they have searched the house for JonBenet? Would they have maybe considered that a pedophile got her?

If Patsy woke up and found her child gone, you have to ask whether the house would be searched?

The Rs needed the ransom letter to explain how their daughter ended up dead in their basement. Without it, all suspicion would have fallen directly onto them...instead of on them and some anonymous kidnapper supposedly representing a foreign faction.

The RN didn't do them much good anyway - FBI spotted it as bogus and suspicious right off. They knew they'd be finding a body. French didn't open the wine cellar door when searching the basement early that morning because he was searching for an entry/exit for the kidnapper - had he been searching for a missing child, he would have opened that door and found her right away.

I can't believe they didn't search the house top to bottom regardless of whether an RN was found or not. The fact that they claim not to have searched leads me to believe they already knew she was dead in the wine cellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter View Post
    The Rs needed the ransom letter to explain how their daughter ended up dead in their basement. Without it, all suspicion would have fallen directly onto them...instead of on them and some anonymous kidnapper supposedly representing a foreign faction.

The RN didn't do them much good anyway - FBI spotted it as bogus and suspicious right off. They knew they'd be finding a body. French didn't open the wine cellar door when searching the basement early that morning because he was searching for an entry/exit for the kidnapper - had he been searching for a missing child, he would have opened that door and found her right away.

I can't believe they didn't search the house top to bottom regardless of whether an RN was found or not. The fact that they claim not to have searched leads me to believe they already knew she was dead in the wine cellar.
    Of course they knew...one of them would have been tearing that house apart, while the other one was calling 911...(and all of their friends). And then after the 911 call, and the phone -a- friend calls....the other one would have helped in the search. It wouldn't have taken them so long to find her, if an intruder had of really killed her, because the house would have been turned upside down, by the Ramsey's AND their friends. They would have probably found the body BEFORE the cops arrived....I mean, IF there had of been a REAL intruder. Even if I had gotten a note, saying that my child had been kidnapped....(which technically means...taken out of the house)....my time STILL would have been spent tearing the house apart...just in case. Shoot...what ELSE did the Ramsey's have to do, after they had called everyone over for a block party? Besides sitting on the couch, surrounded by all of her friends, and taking a walk down memory lane, while looking at photos of JB.....every single one of them, would have been searching that house....inside AND OUT. NOPE...they knew where she was ALL ALONG. I am 110 % sure of it...(so I am not even going to end this with an IMO).
    "This time we get it right."

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    Of course they knew...one of them would have been tearing that house apart, while the other one was calling 911...(and all of their friends). And then after the 911 call, and the phone -a- friend calls....the other one would have helped in the search. It wouldn't have taken them so long to find her, if an intruder had of really killed her, because the house would have been turned upside down, by the Ramsey's AND their friends. They would have probably found the body BEFORE the cops arrived....I mean, IF there had of been a REAL intruder. Even if I had gotten a note, saying that my child had been kidnapped....(which technically means...taken out of the house)....my time STILL would have been spent tearing the house apart...just in case. Shoot...what ELSE did the Ramsey's have to do, after they had called everyone over for a block party? Besides sitting on the couch, surrounded by all of her friends, and taking a walk down memory lane, while looking at photos of JB.....every single one of them, would have been searching that house....inside AND OUT. NOPE...they knew where she was ALL ALONG. I am 110 % sure of it...(so I am not even going to end this with an IMO).
    right on Ames,I'd said b/f that I have a relative w/ bpd,well,I knew he'd ran off (several times actually),and wasn't there,but I was still frantic and tearing thru the house,looking for every little thing he might have taken that could give me a clue as to where he might have gone..ripping the house apart and turning it upside down,inside and out.
    The R's are in just no way believable,and I don't buy the old excuse of everybody acting differently,bc there are some things you do without question,and not being **passive** is one of them !!
    As far as looking at the pictures,that's something ppl do after the death of a loved one,bc they feel like the pics are one of the few things they have left of them,and they become very treasured mementos(I wonder how many Aunt Pam carted out of the house..I suspect they were one of the things the R's didn't want to leave behind in case they decided to skip the country).
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778 View Post
    right on Ames,I'd said b/f that I have a relative w/ bpd,well,I knew he'd ran off (several times actually),and wasn't there,but I was still frantic and tearing thru the house,looking for every little thing he might have taken that could give me a clue as to where he might have gone..ripping the house apart and turning it upside down,inside and out.
    The R's are in just no way believable,and I don't buy the old excuse of everybody acting differently,bc there are some things you do without question,and not being **passive** is one of them !!
    As far as looking at the pictures,that's something ppl do after the death of a loved one,bc they feel like the pics are one of the few things they have left of them,and they become very treasured mementos(I wonder how many Aunt Pam carted out of the house..I suspect they were one of the things the R's didn't want to leave behind in case they decided to skip the country).
    I know alot of pro-Ramsey posters that say "well, they DID think that it was a kidnapping. So whats the use of them searching the house?" But, I say, "so the h*ll what!" They still could have looked for her....JUST IN CASE. They could have searched outside, and all around the house....(John spending ...and I quote from his interview...."30 seconds" outside, checking on a door, does NOT count!) They should have been scouring the place....and what is funny....is that not only did the Ramsey's (and their friends) NOT look for JB, they didn't even search the house for clues. Now....what does THAT tell you?? They should have been turning that house upside down, looking for HER...AND for CLUES! But no....they think that its more "productive" to sit and go down memory lane....looking at pictures of a child...that "supposedly" could still be alive. Yeah...now THAT does everybody alot of "good"....doesn't it. They sure were making themselves "USEFUL". Sorry, but...if my child had of been kidnapped...I wouldn't have been able to sit still, not for a MINUTE. And I know that some pro-Rams will say..."well, maybe they didn't want to disturb any evidence". And I say....bull...hockey. The Ramsey's not wanting to disturb evidence??? And these are the same people that ripped off tape from their dead child's mouth, tried to untie the wrist ligature and picked her up and carried her upstairs and laid her on the floor, and then fell across the body!!!!! Yeah, right...they didn't want to disturb any evidence!?!?!?!

The Rs needed the ransom letter to explain how their daughter ended up dead in their basement..
    Ransom note does no such thing.
    The RN didn't do them much good anyway - FBI spotted it as bogus and suspicious right off.
    Any FBI agent at the secene that morning failed to control a crime scene they had every reason to take over. I still wonder why such a power hungry organization steped back on that fateful morning.
    They knew they'd be finding a body. French didn't open the wine cellar door when searching the basement early that morning because he was searching for an entry/exit for the kidnapper - had he been searching for a missing child, he would have opened that door and found her right away.
    HOGWASH! How would French know the layout of the Ramsey basement on his frist trip downstairs? How would he know which door was which? Lets face it theres no good excuse for anyone R or LI not to have looked in that room.
    The only question is which "they" knew she was down there. LI or R's.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    I'm not sure how they could have known she was already dead in the basement. Unless things went down VERY differently from what we know. Either someone from LE was there when she was killed (extremely unlikely), the Rs called their high-powered political cronies who called the LE before any officer was sent and they were ordered to pretend it was a kidnapping or they were told immediately upon arriving at the R home that morning, and ordered to pretend it was a kidnapping. We already know that very early that day, the DAs office was TOLD by a higher power to "treat those people like victims and NOT as suspects. One thing the latter scenario explains is why there wasn't more shock and horror when a dead JBR was brought up from the basement. To be honest, since none of us were there, we base our opinion on what happened that day and who did what and who reacted how on the testimony of a few people- LA primarily, and the "breakfast club" of R friends and supporters invited in that morning. None of them are really forthcoming about a whole lot. And LA now has "amnesia".
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Not for lack of trying.

Any FBI agent at the secene that morning failed to control a crime scene they had every reason to take over. I still wonder why such a power hungry organization steped back on that fateful morning.
    They had a lot of reason to play it safe.

Lets face it theres no good excuse for anyone R or LI not to have looked in that room.
    I think that was NP's point.
    All posts made by me are MY exclusive property, and are NOT to be used or reproduced without my permission. DAVE SMASH THIEVES!

Quote Originally Posted by 4sure View Post
    HOGWASH! How would French know the layout of the Ramsey basement on his frist trip downstairs? How would he know which door was which? Lets face it theres no good excuse for anyone R or LI not to have looked in that room.
    .The only question is which "they" knew she was down there. LI or R's.
    4Sure.

The FBI did arrive and JonBenet had been found. Since it was now a murder and not a kidnapping, their services had to have been ASKED for. They were told by Eller I believe, "no thank you". Also fyi, when Agent Wood ARRIVED ON THE SCENE he checked out the basement and on his way out, he said "look at the parents". John Ramsey swears the FBI was not there that morning. Why would Ron Wood lie? He wouldn't. John just needs a reason not to take a lie detector test administered by the FBI and this is it.

But what if there was no letter left?
    No part of the body staging pointed to an offender from outside the home, the RN is what did that. Without it, Patsy would have been dead in the water.

But, we have to go on facts...and there WAS a ransom note left.

On FFJ, Jayelles posted a quote by an FBI Handwriting expert...he said that the note was bogus...which we already know...but, he also said the quote below....and truer words have never been spoken.

"When there's a note at the Ramsey residence, there shouldn't have been a dead child. When there's a dead child at the residence, you shouldn't find a note," he said. "It's totally stupid."

So, probably if the fiber evidence wasn't found...and there had been no note...then the Ramsey's wouldn't STILL be under an umbrella of suspicion. BUT...there WAS a note...and a dead girls body left inside of the house....which, in the FBI'S handwriting expert's words....is "totally stupid".

I think it would have. I think as time goes by and especially after John dies, the overwhelming consensus will be that there was no intruder. The ransom note will be one of the major reasons.

The ransom note should have landed Patsy in jail and would have in most communities. The ransom note is really outrageous. I assume one of the reasons it was written was so there would be something to hand the police when they arrived. If JonBenet had really been missing, an empty bed would have been enough.

On a side note...

I saw Dominick Dunne's show last night about Claudine Longet. The show had a great quote, "when celebrity comes in the front door, justice goes out the back". You can add wealth and status to that in Boulder. That farce was 20 years earlier but still in Colorado!!! Thirty days in the hole for killing a guy, but folks, the skiing is great.

Most children found dead from violence in their home die at the hands of a parent. The abscence of a ransom letter wouldn't cast a lot of doubt in my mind.

A normal ransom letter ("We have your daughter. No cops. Stay by the phone.") really would have. I'd still be scratching my head and going, "Why did they kill her and leave her in the basement?" but I would be far more likely to give Patsy and John the BOD.

Quote Originally Posted by lilywhite View Post
    Most children found dead from violence in their home die at the hands of a parent. The abscence of a ransom letter wouldn't cast a lot of doubt in my mind.

A normal ransom letter ("We have your daughter. No cops. Stay by the phone.") really would have. I'd still be scratching my head and going, "Why did they kill her and leave her in the basement?" but I would be far more likely to give Patsy and John the BOD.
    Me too...that dumb RN did it for me too. As one expert put it..."if there was a ransom note...there should have been no body....since there WAS a body, there shouldn't have been a ransom note". An intruder, IF there had of been one...and he had written the note beforehand, which is what the Ramsey's are saying...that he camped out in their house, for hours...looking around the place, and penning the RN.....he would have taken the darn thing with him, after he had killed her. Why leave that much evidence behind, if it meant NOTHING....no purpose in it. LA even commented that after the 10:00 deadline had past...when the KN was supposed to call...that the Ramsey's didn't even mention it. If it had of been a REAL kidnapping....they would have said...."why didn't the kidnpper call when he said he would"?...and they would have been frantic.

Me too...that dumb RN did it for me too. As one expert put it..."if there was a ransom note...there should have been no body....since there WAS a body, there shouldn't have been a ransom note". An intruder, IF there had of been one...and he had written the note beforehand, which is what the Ramsey's are saying...that he camped out in their house, for hours...looking around the place, and penning the RN.....he would have taken the darn thing with him, after he had killed her. Why leave that much evidence behind, if it meant NOTHING....no purpose in it.

right,and if he'd laid it out on the stairs while 1- carrying JB on the way down (or 2- bf he went up the get her),this doesn't work either way...in no. 1,he'd have to put JB down right below the stairs while he laid out the note,and then he'd scram out of there ASAP with her! Lord knows she might wake up from that 'stun gun' attack ! Scenerio 2 doesn't work either..he'd have to step over the note while carrying JB ! nope,didn't happen,either of the 3 ways.no intruder.
    only other thing I would say about that is,isn't there a door right by where the RN was 'found'? So why would said intruder bother to take her down to the basement,even if he does plan to molest her in addition to KN'ing her? that's too risky...he'd get her OUT of the house,either way,via that door ...ASAP! ...as soon as he'd laid that note out !! nope,no going to the basement to try to molest her and then push her out a small window he had to climb to get into.
    LA even commented that after the 10:00 deadline had past...when the KN was supposed to call...that the Ramsey's didn't even mention it. If it had of been a REAL kidnapping....they would have said...."why didn't the kidnpper call when he said he would"?...and they would have been frantic.
    right on,neither ask LA,'what should we do???? the KN didn't call!!! find out,call someone and ask!! ' JR just *disappears for awhile.hmmmm
    his excuse for that in DOI is that he doesn't know if 'tomorrow' meant that day or the next.uh yea.in that case he still would have been asking LA what to do next!! is there anything they can do at that point instead of just waiting a whole day to see if they'll call tomorrow!! !
    something to ponder:

right,and if he'd laid it out on the stairs while 1- carrying JB on the way down (or 2- bf he went up the get her),this doesn't work either way...in no. 1,he'd have to put JB down right below the stairs while he laid out the note,and then he'd scram out of there ASAP with her! Lord knows she might wake up from that 'stun gun' attack ! Scenerio 2 doesn't work either..he'd have to step over the note while carrying JB ! nope,didn't happen,either of the 3 ways.no intruder.
    only other thing I would say about that is,isn't there a door right by where the RN was 'found'? So why would said intruder bother to take her down to the basement,even if he does plan to molest her in addition to KN'ing her? that's too risky...he'd get her OUT of the house,either way,via that door ...ASAP! ...as soon as he'd laid that note out !! nope,no going to the basement to try to molest her and then push her out a small window he had to climb to get into.
    right on,neither ask LA,'what should we do???? the KN didn't call!!! find out,call someone and ask!! ' JR just *disappears for awhile.hmmmm
    his excuse for that in DOI is that he doesn't know if 'tomorrow' meant that day or the next.uh yea.in that case he still would have been asking LA what to do next!! is there anything they can do at that point instead of just waiting a whole day to see if they'll call tomorrow!! !

Yep, you are right...there IS a door right next to where the rn was found. Remember, one of the Ramsey friends that came over that morning....(can't remember who, was it Fleet?) said that he could read the note through that glass door. You have a good point there....if the intruder had penned the note, while he was alone in the house for hours, and then kidnapped JB from her bed...he could have left the note, and left through that glass door. But NOOOOO...he leaves the note and then takes her down into the cellar. Makes no sense....what IF the Ramsey's had of gotten up early, and found that note...and went looking for JB while he was still down there killing her? If he had of kidnapped her, as you said..from her BR, after putting the note on the stairs, he would have had to step over it, while carrying her. If it had of been a real intruder...my guess is that he would have placed the note somewhere else...like in JB's bed, or something...on her pillow. He would have stun gunned her, placed the note on her pillow and then got the heck outta there. It just makes absolutely NO SENSE that after he wrote the note, he decided to kill her...but he left a RN anyway. A ransom note..is just THAT...asking for ransom money. Why bother leaving that, if she was already dead in the basement?? Why risk leaving behind the handwriting evidence? Why lay the note on the stairs...and then keep on going down to the cellar to kill her, molest her...or both...and risk the parents waking up early to search for her??? And why would an intruder leave the note AFTER he killed her. He sat at the kitchen table, penned the note...hid it somewhere away from the Ramsey's....after the Ramsey's went to sleep, he kidnapped JB, took her to the cellar and killed her, and then came back up and LEFT the Ransom note. WHY would he do that? And if he left it there BEFORE he killed her....or took her from her BR...how did he get around it? Patsy said herself that she had to hold onto the rail and LEAP over it, because if she had of stepped on it, she would have went flying...(those are her words). The WHOLE RN makes no sense at all. Whether it was left before the killing or after the killing, or in between the killing....etc. It makes no sense to still leave it, after she was killed. It also makes no sense that a real kidnapper would have left it on the stairs....how did he know that the Ramsey's always came down, in the morning...using those particular stairs....there WERE TWO SETS of them in that house. He just happened to choose the right one. YEAH RIGHT....and if you believe that...I have some swamp land that I would just love to sell you.

Yep, you are right...there IS a door right next to where the rn was found. Remember, one of the Ramsey friends that came over that morning....(can't remember who, was it Fleet?) said that he could read the note through that glass door. You have a good point there....if the intruder had penned the note, while he was alone in the house for hours, and then kidnapped JB from her bed...he could have left the note, and left through that glass door. But NOOOOO...he leaves the note and then takes her down into the cellar. Makes no sense....what IF the Ramsey's had of gotten up early, and found that note...and went looking for JB while he was still down there killing her? If he had of kidnapped her, as you said..from her BR, after putting the note on the stairs, he would have had to step over it, while carrying her. If it had of been a real intruder...my guess is that he would have placed the note somewhere else...like in JB's bed, or something...on her pillow. He would have stun gunned her, placed the note on her pillow and then got the heck outta there. It just makes absolutely NO SENSE that after he wrote the note, he decided to kill her...but he left a RN anyway. A ransom note..is just THAT...asking for ransom money. Why bother leaving that, if she was already dead in the basement?? Why risk leaving behind the handwriting evidence? Why lay the note on the stairs...and then keep on going down to the cellar to kill her, molest her...or both...and risk the parents waking up early to search for her??? And why would an intruder leave the note AFTER he killed her. He sat at the kitchen table, penned the note...hid it somewhere away from the Ramsey's....after the Ramsey's went to sleep, he kidnapped JB, took her to the cellar and killed her, and then came back up and LEFT the Ransom note. WHY would he do that? And if he left it there BEFORE he killed her....or took her from her BR...how did he get around it? Patsy said herself that she had to hold onto the rail and LEAP over it, because if she had of stepped on it, she would have went flying...(those are her words). The WHOLE RN makes no sense at all. Whether it was left before the killing or after the killing, or in between the killing....etc. It makes no sense to still leave it, after she was killed. It also makes no sense that a real kidnapper would have left it on the stairs....how did he know that the Ramsey's always came down, in the morning...using those particular stairs....there WERE TWO SETS of them in that house. He just happened to choose the right one. YEAH RIGHT....and if you believe that...I have some swamp land that I would just love to sell you.
    That was Fernie that said he could read the ransom note from the door

Yeah, like if it was a real kidnapping, they would say..."OH WELL...the kidnapper didn't call at 10 today, maybe he meant 10:00 TOMORROW morning".