Spain files claim over FL shipwreck treasure

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
"TAMPA, Fla. - The Spanish government has filed claims in U.S. federal court over a shipwreck that a Florida firm found laden with colonial-era treasure, an attorney said Thursday.

If the vessel was Spanish or was removed from that country's waters, any treasure would belong to Spain, said James Goold, an attorney representing the government."

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_on_re_us/spain_treasure_ship

Interesting....

I'd like to file a claim too.

It's mine I tell you , ALL MINE!

There was some jewels, and coins. yeah, lots of coins and jewels. LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That reminds me of that cartoon with Daffy Duck when we finds all that treasure....

I'd like to file a claim too.

It's mine I tell you , ALL MINE!

There was some jewels, and coins. yeah, lots of coins and jewels. LOL

Stupid Spanish government--They enslaved and destroyed 2 great civilizations(OK the Aztecs did a lot of human sacrifices but besides that),the Spanish murdered and worked to death thousands of Aztecs and incas by forcing them to work in mines and ,many more thousands died from the European Diseases of which the Aztecs and Incas had no immunity from--If ANYBODY deserves some of this,its the countries of Mexico and Peru,not Spain--

Well, they cant be that stupid.... they knew enough to file a suit just in case it is a Spanish galleon.

This seems backwards to me... Spain is basically saying, "Prove that it's NOT ours..." when in reality, they should have to prove why they think it IS there's...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back