FL - Police Officer Kills K-9 Partner

KrisNine

Reaction score
What a worthless SOB!! These dogs put their lives in danger DAILY, and happily I might add, and this coward does the unthinkable. I hope charges are pressed and he is punished to the fullest extent! Most LE officers treat their K-9's with honor and respect...not this waste.

http://www.nbc6.net/news/13416672/detail.html?subid=10101481

Can you tell I'm mad?

What a worthless SOB!! These dogs put their lives in danger DAILY, and happily I might add, and this coward does the unthinkable. I hope charges are pressed and he is punished to the fullest extent! Most LE officers treat their K-9's will honor and respect...not this waste.

http://www.nbc6.net/news/13416672/detail.html?subid=10101481

Can you tell I'm mad?
I cant even read the article- just what you had to say has me smoking----:banghead:

I don't blame you...I wish I hadn't read it!

there a alot of articles I cant bring myself to read, when they are presented- so many times I have, and then was just sick for reading them, and sorry I did- just the name of threads will make my blood boil-:furious:

I cant read it either..these stories stay with me long after I have logged off and sometimes hubby doesnt understand why I am so unhappy for no apparent reason.
I hope he has his badge taken off him and gets some same jail with the big boys.
Im sure his fellow officers would hold him in the same contempt as we do.
This makes me:mad:

there a alot of articles I cant bring myself to read, when they are presented- so many times I have, and then was just sick for reading them, and sorry I did- just the name of threads will make my blood boil-:furious:

I'm sorry...I hate to be the one to put one of those threads up :( I get so upset when I see one like that. The kind that just sticks in your head. Hopefully, this man will go to jail. I believe there are strict penalties for harming a K-9 Officer, as there should be.

Oh boy....I feel so bad. :( I was just so angry when I read it that I had to post it here. It just infuriates me. Sorry guys!

The officer has been arrested.

I'm sorry...I hate to be the one to put one of those threads up :( I get so upset when I see one like that. The kind that just sticks in your head. Hopefully, this man will go to jail. I believe there are strict penalties for harming a K-9 Officer, as there should be.

oh no- dont be sorry--- :blowkiss:

Oh boy....I feel so bad. :( I was just so angry when I read it that I had to post it here. It just infuriates me. Sorry guys!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

I know in Florida a guy killed both a k9 and his partner- he will be tried for both deaths

Thank goodness. He SHOULD be arrested. I doubt he would ever have seriously considered kicking his human partner to death. Most officers DO value and respect their K-9's as much as they do their human partners. Perhaps the K-9 senseless death did serve a purpose in the end - removing a man unfit to be an officer from the profession! I just can't believe that this incident took place in June 2006 and he was just NOW arrested, though he was removed from duty immediately.

This happened in June 2006 and he's just now being charged?

I didnt mean to make you feel bad Kris...Im sorry.......these stories should be bought to light and they should cause outrage and sadness....that shows that humanity still exists.
I dont believe in shooting the messenger:blowkiss:

Didnt they pass a law that if a K-9 is killed its the same as if an officer is killed and the person who did the killing will be charged the same as if the k-9 was an actual officer?(two legged officer)

Didnt they pass a law that if a K-9 is killed its the same as if an officer is killed and the person who did the killing will be charged the same as if the k-9 was an actual officer?(two legged officer)
That's what I thought too. I haven't read the article but I'd bet I'm one of the few that would vote death penalty for the *advertiser censored* that killed the K9. :mad:

I can't read the article, but I heard what the scum did via comments here. He is a ticking time bomb and will or already has hurt others IMO. I hope he goes to jail for the maximum, loses his job, his family, and any sense of happiness he ever had. I mean it. I have no patients with scum like the likes of him.

Lion

It depends on the State law... I searched google, and the only thing I could find was dated 2001 - so the law may have changed...

<snip>
"A violation of Florida&#8217;s police dog law constitutes a third-degree felony, which is punishable by a maximum five-year prison term and a maximum $5000 fine. The trial judge sentenced the defendant to eleven months and twenty-nine days in jail and ordered restitution in the amount of just over $4000."

http://www.animallaw.info/journals/jo_pdf/lralvol_7p141.pdf

This makes me sick. Police dogs become k9 officers because they are dogs that are submissive enough to train that deeply. That dog was beaten to death by it's pack leader. The person that is supposed to protect him.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]Here's a snippet without details of WHAT he did:

Cockfield faces one charge of offense against a police dog and one charge of cruelty to animals.

The officer has been relieved of duty since the onset of this investigation.

After the case was reviewed by the State Attorney's Office, an arrest warrant was issued. Cockfield surrendered Wednesday afternoon to investigators at the Turner-Gilford Knight Correctional Center where he was booked.
[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back