Church Organist Fired For Selling Sex Toys

White Rain

Reaction score
Shouldn't what she does outside the church be her own business?

NEW FRANKEN, Wis. -- Linette Servais, 50, is in trouble with her priest for playing with more than her organ.

Servais has been canned as the organist and choir director for selling sex toys on the side. Servais said her priest told her the sale of adult accessories isn't "consistent with Church teachings."

Servais had been the organist at at St. Joseph Catholic Parish in New Franken, near Green Bay, for 35 years.

She sees nothing wrong with selling marital aids. She said she got involved with a company called Pure Romance after a brain tumor and treatment left her sexually dysfunctional. Servais said the sex toys can help women with similar problems.

"After I got over the initial shock, I prayed over this a long time," said Servais. "I feel that Pure Romance is my ministry."

Servais sells spa products and sex toys at home parties hosted by women. She's one of 15,000 consultants employed by Pure Romance.

The priest told Servais if she doesn't give up the sales job she must quit working as organist and choir director. Much of her work as choir director and organist was done without pay.

But Servais doesn't think the job is incompatible with her faith and said it's about empowering women and helping them strengthen their marriages. Servais said she feels called as a Christian to help women, especially those who have sexual problems resulting from cancer, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. (more at link)
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13417663/detail.html

ang, is this your neighbor?? LOL--
I read this earlier today and thought of you--
how very silly-- there are days I just :banghead:

was glad to read she kept her job, and gave up the organ....

They were talking about this on the View this am. Joy, who is Catholic, thought it was ridiculous that this was such an issue with the church. She said that since Catholics were so procreational, what did they expect couples to do and that Catholic couples had been using "aids" for years.

I've been to two of these parties, one was done tastefully and the other one was raunchy. I prefer the former but I'm kind of modest anyway.

By looking at the title I thought surely for her to get fired it must have been inside the church she was selling them.

Why do they care what she sells on the side? There is nothing wrong with marital aids, if anything I think it keeps it spiced up so there is less of a chance for boredom and possibly cheating.

I own a couple of um..."marital aids" myself. :blushing:
I just thought the little blushing smiley would be cute here, but in actuality I'm not embarrased at all.

I own a couple of um..."marital aids" myself. :blushing:
I just thought the little blushing smiley would be cute here, but in actuality I'm not embarrased at all.

Me too :D although I lock them up in our gun safe in between use LOL! The thought of my 3 year old or parents when they are babysitting and her finding them would horrify me LOL!

That was my first thought too! But I don't think angarella lives in Wisconsin, does she???

I think this priest has too much free time and not enough parishioners if this is the most important thing on his plate.

:laugh: "She kept her job, and gave up the organ"

Sorry.......but that's REALLY funny when you take into account her job involved sex toys!! :D :D

I admit I am juvenile enough to still snicker at the word "organ."

A dozen dirty jokes flashed through my mind when I read this story's lede.

This thread is going to start going downhill isnt it:p
I had a few jokes myself but I thought I better not:)

i am sorry but where do people get the idea God does not want people to enjoy sex? i would have quit in protest as well. bravo to those members.

yes i said members....

The second thread on Big Girl Toys in a month here at a true crime forum cannot be a good sign of things to come. :angel:

i am sorry but where do people get the idea God does not want people to enjoy sex? i would have quit in protest as well. bravo to those members.

yes i said members....

Funny....especially when you take into consideration how many "Oh, God" comments come out during a round of sex! :woohoo:

Maybe she should have offered her priest a discount on products...Sorry could not resist! My first thought when I hear of someone as uptight as that is that they need a good...ok I am gonna stop or I will be put in time out!

I'm having one of these parties on June 15!! :) If anyone wants to order online, let me know :) hehe

LOL! I could help but laugh when I read this. Given the views of the church, I'd have to let her go too. Not that she is selling anything illegal, but it's not nice to do in the eyes of the church. But the same thing goes for other stuff like...well think of everything you like to do during sex and it will be on the list!

As a guy, I love these parties cause if the miss' goes to one, she comes home feeling in a good mood. The one she went to had a guy come out in a loincloth with the product on a silver platter. Now ladies, does that sound like fun to you?

LOL! I could help but laugh when I read this. Given the views of the church, I'd have to let her go too. Not that she is selling anything illegal, but it's not nice to do in the eyes of the church. But the same thing goes for other stuff like...well think of everything you like to do during sex and it will be on the list!

As a guy, I love these parties cause if the miss' goes to one, she comes home feeling in a good mood. The one she went to had a guy come out in a loincloth with the product on a silver platter. Now ladies, does that sound like fun to you?

Now, pray tell, he wasn't holding the platter in the way I'm picturing? :p

I had one of these parties as part of my bachelorette party. We had a blast and when it came time to actually buy the goods everyone went into a private room one at a time and made there purchases and came back with their items in bags to insure their privacy. The best part was a joke on my mother I had the saleslady tell my mom she was all out of bags and had only one left. Basically all the other ladies were coming out this room with bags the size of lunch sacks and we set me my mom up with the Big Brown Bag from Bloomingdales. The saleslady shoved it full of tissue paper. It was hilarious to see my mom come out with that huge bag and a blush.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back