JFK Terror Plot Foiled - 4 Men Charged

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Three men have been arrested and the 4th is being sought.

Four men allegedly were plotting to blow up the pipe lines from New Jersey to JFK Int'l Airport in NY.

I think the man being sought is in Trinidad. Two others were arrested in Trinidad. I think the mastermind is a U.S. citizen.

News conference to begin in a few minutes, @ 1:15 pm EDT.

Several Arrests Made in Suspected JFK Airport Plot

June 2, 2007 · In New York City, a terrorist plot centering John F. Kennedy International Airport has been foiled, federal officials confirm. At least three people; including one airport employee; have been arrested in connection to the plot, and a fourth person is being sought.

Investigators believe the suspects were going to use explosives to target a fuel line to the airport in New York's Queens borough. The plot did not involve airplanes or passenger terminals, but instead centered on critical infrastructure around the international airport.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10662282

Thanks, Liz for these news reports. I'm so happy these goons were caught!

I've always thought that airport/airline employees need to be looked at and watched very carefully as they have inside access.

Four men allegedly were plotting to blow up the pipe lines from New Jersey to JFK Int'l Airport in NY.

I think the man being sought is in Trinidad. Two others were arrested in Trinidad. I think the mastermind is a U.S. citizen.

News conference to begin in a few minutes, @ 1:15 pm EDT.

--------------
Liz, thank you. I am going to watch it now.

I also posted the article on the Islamic Militants thread on the Political Pavilion

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48967&page=3

Does anyone else think that the timing of the news release hints of pushing Bush's terrorism alarmist tactics. Sorry, but I am becoming so skeptical about almost everything.

Four Accused of New York Airport Terror Plot

NEW YORK (June 2) - Three people were arrested and one other was being sought Saturday in connection to a plan to set off explosives in a fuel line that feeds John F. Kennedy International Airport and runs through residential neighborhoods, officials close to the investigation said. The plot, which never got past the planning stages, did not involve airplanes or passenger terminals, according to the two officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because details of the arrests had not yet been announced.

Details were to be given out at a 1 p.m. news conference. The pipeline takes fuel from a facility in Linden, N.J., to the airport. Other lines service LaGuardia Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport. The arrests mark the latest in a series of alleged homegrown terrorism plots targeting high-profile American landmarks.

A year ago, seven men were arrested in what officials called the early stages of a plot to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago and destroy FBI offices and other buildings. A month later, authorities broke up a plot to bomb underwater New York City train tunnels to flood lower Manhattan. And six people were arrested a month ago in an alleged plot to unleash a bloody rampage on Fort Dix in New Jersey.

YW, IdahoMom! Thank goodness Homeland Security and the FBI were on their toes! Two thumbs up for them!

I also posted the article on the Islamic Militants thread on the Political Pavilion

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48967&page=3

Thanks Buzz! I was suprised no one had posted about it (didn't even think to look in the PP). Hope it's okay but I'm going to leave this thread here for now, since it is "Up To the Minute News" and since the PP is a private forum.

I did debate whether it should go here or in Crimes in the News. But since technically the crime hasn't been committed yet, I chose this forum.

ETA: YW, Nore!

All the more reason for Border Security, and bringing our military home from Iraq, so they can help protect our homeland.

The four suspects are:

Russell Defreitas
Abdul Nur
Kareem Ibrihim
Abdul Kadir

I almost wish the FBI, ATF, and anti-terrorism units, would just continue to do their jobs, rather than use these occasions as a photo, and publicity, op. Seems that they wouldn't want to give any other possibly existing terrorist plots any heads-up on FBI, ATF, Homeland Security tactics, or successes. Too often, these releases are timed, to stir up the public, or overshadow, something else that is going on, that they don't want us to focus on.

I wish I didn't feel this way, not trusting our politicians.

I almost wish the FBI, ATF, and anti-terrorism units, would just continue to do their jobs, rather than use these occasions as a photo, and publicity, op. Seems that they wouldn't want to give any other possibly existing terrorist plots any heads-up on FBI, ATF, Homeland Security tactics, or successes. Too often, these releases are timed, to stir up the public, or overshadow, something else that is going on, that they don't want us to focus on.

Then they wouldn't be politicians.

This is why we can't let the Al Quada go amuck.......
Why we have to nip this where the ROOTS are. We do have to get to the underlining causes........not just here, but right where we are fighting it.
I am in shock.......as today my daughter is traveling to the JFK Airport!
This put my own family in the cross-hairs of this terrorist plot.
Of all the days to learn of this plot.........One of the "few days" my
daughter would even be in that location.
Thank God we have followed this for a long, long time.........since Jan 2006 at the minimum.
Can you imagine that they had surveillance on this line from Allentown to JFK.......
As I have another daughter who lives near the Allentown area also.
As I have said before.......this is coming way to close to home.
The Goldsboro gun training was only a half hour from me.
We DO have to be greatful for this success.........
The day we miss one of these planned strikes is one that will be sorrowful.
These people hate America, they will do all they can to damage us.
Thank God for the brave informant who endangered his own life to get this information to us.
Can you imagine........Blowing up Jet Fuel tanks and Lines......
I have to thank God that my daughter and her son were not in the mist of this plot.
That group worked "extremely hard" at gathering the information they needed........and it was big time.
We can thank our government for being on top of this.........Great Job.....
Bless you all............

That's the first thing I think when I read news like this. Not: 'great, they foiled a plot', but: 'okay, what's going on beneath the surface, what are they (FBI etc.) hiding?'

Sundayrain, I'm so glad this plot was foiled, and that neither your daughter's life, or anyone else's life was ever endangered, thanks to FBI and Homeland Security.

Kudos to them for preventing a major catastrophe and humongous loss of lives!

Also, I hope people will take the political comments to Buzz's link above to the thread in the Political Pavillion before this thread gets pulled. This thread wasn't started for a political discussion. It's for the news about the terrorism plots that were foiled. TIA! :)

These idiot terrorists probably got the idea from that lousy James Bond movie with Daniel Craig lol--He has a scene where he prevents a terrorist from driving a gasoline trunk into a crowded plane at Miami int'l Airport--but I think even that scene was copied from another movie, maybe Die Hard II?--but of course this current plot entailed a bit more

I think the man being sought is in Trinidad. Two others were arrested in Trinidad. I think the mastermind is a U.S. citizen.quote]--well, he's not much of a "mastermind" since the plot was foiled,but ya gotta give 'im an A for effort lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back